Notepad Replacements

Cyber Axe

ive been looking up notepad alternatives but all of them seem to be way over featured personally i'd rather have one thats is practically the same as notepad but has better search and replace and maybe support for unix txt's though the latter isnt as important

anyone know of any such notepad alternatives?

http://www.notetab.com/ntl-gif.html <-- Notetab lite dont look very "lite" lol

ive had a look at all of those but way ott imo

hmm Metapad, Notepad2, PSPad, SciTE...I don't know I mostly look for feature rich applications...hehe not feature starved. newwink.gif

they're a bit too feature rich for a basic text app which is what notepad is ment to be if i want multi tab html and office docs and hex editing and lal that stuff and all that stuff i'll stick to dreamwaver, ms word, etc

thanks though

metapad is pretty much the same size as notepad, and allows you to load things like unicode, unix, etc. It also allows you to change the format of the saved document.

it comes in two forms (normal = uses richedit library) vs (le = uses "edit" control).

One needs to remember that the small ones wrapped around windows functionality also are restructed to what riched and comctl are prepared to allow. On the other hand, the bigger ones load their own editor window, and pretty much do what they use.

I use in part metapad, and in part tse v 4,0 to do text exiting.

W