98SE2ME = Killer Replacements: ME -> 98 SE

Did u mean this post:

http://www.msfn.org/board/?showtopic=46349...ndpost&p=371794

Appears in my browser on page '24' [i probably got different MSFN page settings].

Yeah, it's page 27 for me. Thanks for bringing up the difference. I've edited the post to say 'previous page' so it won't confuse ppl who are browsing through.
P.S.: Just in case u don't know: ;)

Farscape is an original Sci-Fi TV series which ran for 4 seasons + a one time 4 hour miniseries.

Aired first on the SciFi channel [uSA cable only TV channel]:

http://www.scifi.com/

Ah, when I clicked the link you gave before, there was another link on that page to the worst sci-fi of all time, so I thought Farscape might be one of those. :huh: (unfortunately, I don't get the sci-fi channel). Sounds like the show might be worth looking into. I generally like things by the Jim Henson Co. :thumbup

-Ex

...sigh... yup, I miss Farscape  (...and Firefly/Andromeda/John Doe/Angel/Buffy/....the list goes on, most victims of evil "reality" programming, I believe... )

-but at least the 2 main chars of Farscape recently transplanted to StargateSG1, and it's great to watch their interaction there (w/the occasional "quip" pointing to Farscape  )

...and it's nice to see Lexa Doig showing up lately, also in Stargate and The 4400...

I only find appropriate [starting with season 9] to call Stargate SG-1 "Fargate SG-1"... :)

Besides the 2 main Farscape actors [ben Browder (SGC Lt Col Cameron Mitchell) + Claudia Black (thief/trader/mercenary/former G'ould host Vala Malduran)], the Stargate franchise [including the Stargate Atlantis spin-off TV series] producers brought in for the new SG-1 season 9 + Atlantis season 2 [both premiered July 15 2005 on SciFi channel in the USA] a few other known faces from various popular/cult sci-fi TV shows + films:

Stargate SG-1 season 9:

- Lou Gossett Jr [rebel Jaffa leader Gerak] best known from the sci-fi film Enemy Mine [1985] [he played the "enemy" alien]. He won an Oscar award.

- Beau Bridges [Gen MG Hank Landry new commander of SGC = replaced Don S Davis who played Gen MG George Hamond, former commander of SGC] best known from Showtime channel sequel TV series Outer Limits 2-hour pilote episode The Sandkings [1995]. He won an Emmy award.

- Lexa Doig [Dr Carolyn Lam new SGC Chief Physician, also Gen Landry's daughter = replaced Theryl Rothery, former SGC Chief Physician] best known from Andromeda [Gene Roddenberry's early work] TV series.

Lexa Doig is married in real life to Michael Shanks who plays Dr Daniel Jackson on Stargate SG-1.

Stargate Atlantis season 2:

- Jason Momoa [Atterian ronin warrior from the Pegasus Galaxy Ronon Dex] best known from Baywatch + North Shore TV series.

- Mitch Pileggi [Col Steven Caldwell commander of the mixed G'ould + Asgard technology based battleship Daedalus] best known from the abduction + sci-fi genre TV series X-Files.

The wait will be over... September 30 2005: Firefly is coming back as Serenity feature film in USA theatres:

http://www.serenitymovie.com/

P.S.: Just in case u don't know: ;)

Farscape is an original Sci-Fi TV series which ran for 4 seasons + a one time 4 hour miniseries.

Aired first on the SciFi channel [uSA cable only TV channel]:

http://www.scifi.com/

Ah, when I clicked the link you gave before, there was another link on that page to the worst sci-fi of all time, so I thought Farscape might be one of those. :huh: (unfortunately, I don't get the sci-fi channel). Sounds like the show might be worth looking into. I generally like things by the Jim Henson Co.

-Ex

Please tell me, what is the worst sci-fi of all time?

Just curious. ;)

BTW:

SciFi channel is not the only 1 that broadcasts Farscape [reruns only, of course] anymore, Farscape is now available in syndication [usually over the air channels].

I believe either USA, TNT, Fox or/and WB have it. But u got to check local schedules.

Best place to find out exactly which channels broadcast Farscape in the USA:

http://www.watchfarscape.com/

Or if u don't watch TV, u can always rent/borrow/buy the DVDs/VHS tapes:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/external...pe&mode=blended

If u ever decide to watch Farscape, please start with season 1 ep 1, and go from there in chronological order. They have 4 regular 22 episode seasons + a 4-hour miniseries [the conclusion to the series] called Peacekeeper Wars.

If u start watching somewhere in the middle, u won't understand much, and will probably stop watching out of frustration, as some people I know have.

But IMHO it's worth your time if u are even remotely a sci-fi fan, because Farscape is the best sci-fi TV show since Babylon 5.

Edited by MDGx

-wow, excellent sci-fi stats/trivia, MDGx! :thumbup

(...I forgot to add Babylon5 to my "miss it" list... among others... :} -hey, does anybody else feel like an alien outsider, imprisoned in this human shell/world for some galactic crimes, mind-wiped for the duration of our "prison sentence" (life on this absurd, ignorant, Reality-TV-filled planet) ? lol -or is it just me... B) )

>;]

Edited by PsycoUnc

-wow, excellent sci-fi stats/trivia, MDGx!

(...I forgot to add Babylon5 to my "miss it" list... among others...  -hey, does anybody else feel like an alien outsider, imprisoned in this human shell/world for some galactic crimes, mind-wiped for the duration of our "prison sentence" (life on this absurd, ignorant, Reality-TV-filled planet) ?  lol -or is it just me... )

Actually rumors say J Michael Straczynski [creator of Babylon 5, Crusade + Jeremiah TV series and writer of Marvel comic Amazing Spider-Man] allegedly stated recently at a sci-fi convention that he wants to revive Babylon 5 in a new TV series if he finds a studio to finance it.

Let's hope he will... ;)

no, only i'm the guard, NOW GET BACK IN LINE ! :wacko:  :lol:
You must...

feel the power...

of the Dark Side... [insert James Earl Jones' voice here] :lol:

Edited by MDGx

no, only i'm the guard, NOW GET BACK IN LINE ! :wacko:  :lol:
You must...

feel the power...

of the Dark Side... [insert James Earl Jones' voice here] :lol:

must.......buy.......XP.......NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

How about the compromise of using Win 2000 Pro? Works well for me. Especially with the dual-boot installation 98SE plus 2000. I have it on my Internet computer but stay with 98SE on my desktop (not connected to the Internet). Or Linux? I'll try it and it is definitely the 1st choice instead of Longhorn... A friend is a FreeBSE freak and says that that one is the best.

Allesok

-hmm, I have no personal experience w/win2000, but I've heard it described as "winxp minus some bloat and the eye candy crap", so it may have potential...

-wait, tell me a few things:

#1: how big is your \windows ("\winnt"? "\win2k"?) directory, and

#2: how long does it take to COMPLETELY cold boot, boot from hibernate, and shutdown? ("completely" means waiting for ALL things to load up in SysTray, and no more hourglasses)... include your CPU speed for reference...

>;]

-hmm, I have no personal experience w/win2000, but I've heard it described as "winxp minus some bloat and the eye candy crap", so it may have potential...

#1:  how big is your \windows ("\winnt"? "\win2k"?) directory, and

#2:  how long does it take to COMPLETELY cold boot, boot from hibernate, and shutdown? ("completely" means waiting for ALL things to load up in SysTray, and no more hourglasses)... include your CPU speed for reference...

>;]

The WinNT folder is 1.33 GB after all possible updates and hotfixes and with a lot of applications installed. The start-up does take a while longer than with Win98SE but is tolerable to me. I use, however, FAT32, since then my Win98SE on the same harddisk can communicate directly also with Win2k files. When I one day reinstall, I will instead use an application "Mount everything" (aquired in the meantime), which enables Win98SE to fully communicate both ways with NTFS.

Regards

allesok

#1:  how big is your \windows ("\winnt"? "\win2k"?) directory, and

#2:  how long does it take to COMPLETELY cold boot, boot from hibernate, and shutdown? ("completely" means waiting for ALL things to load up in SysTray, and no more hourglasses)... include your CPU speed for reference...

>;]

The WinNT folder is 1.33 GB after all possible updates and hotfixes and with a lot of applications installed. The start-up does take a while longer than with Win98SE but is tolerable to me. I use, however, FAT32, since then my Win98SE on the same harddisk can communicate directly also with Win2k files. When I one day reinstall, I will instead use an application "Mount everything" (aquired in the meantime), which enables Win98SE to fully communicate both ways with NTFS.

Regards

allesok

I should add the much of the longer startup time has to do with the antivirus program that I don't need for my desktop (not connected to the Internet).

allesok

I have tested the latest realease of 98SE2ME.exe on a 98lite chubby install + 98se unofficial service pack by gape and everything works absolutely fine. Great thanks to MDGx for this and his awesome site for windows OS. I have one remark regarding all users that would like to use the automated install made by MDGx and are at the same time using 4dos as a replacement for the default command interpreter. It seems that in order for the cripts made by MDGx to work without any problems the system should temporarily be reverted to using the default microsoft command interpreter. After the installation is complete the 4dos may again be used as a replacement for the command.com.