Reverse Enginering?WTF?

Hi! I'm a complete newbie in C, and i need some help.

I wrote a smal prog, for my programming classes, but somehow i lost the code(the .cpp files) but i have the .exe files.

How can i decompile my files to code again?

No, im not cracking anything..lololololol!!! :o

In google its called Reverse Enginnering..at leats thats what i found.

I also found a prog called REC that decompiles my .exe but it shows it in binary codes only(i dont know how to use the prog well). :whistle:

Thks :thumbup

Reverse Engenerring is something geeks do when they have a few days to sit down and analyze the program. Showing the binary codes is very simple for a program to do. Showing the original code is something you pay to get done. (There might be a free service somewhere, but I doubt it.)

I've had this happen to many of my programs.

All I have to say is: Have fun recoding it.

Its pretty much impossible to find a program that will give you back YOUR code. There are some that will figure out what a program does, and RE-CODE it for you (usually not even in the correct programming language), but thats not very helpful.

unless you were using a managed language like .NET or Java, you won't get back your code. The BEST you'll get back is assembly, which can be a pain in itself to recode to a higher level code

If its a small program, it shouldn't be too hard to recode. Granted its a pain, and its something you don't like to have to re-do, but if you need the program, its something that has to be done.

Hopefully you have completed this program recently so how you wrote it is still pretty fresh to you.