I Want My XPC ...

de4dmetal

If i do not recieve a reply from GM by Friday (5 days), I'm going to go ahead with my plans to get XPCREATE into your hands in as legal a way as possible.

I will be setting up a new eMail address that you will send your request to using the same file that GM requests.

Once I recieve the eMail, I will send you back a link to the XPCREATE EXE to your MSFN Username via PM.

I will ONLY be distributing the FREE version. ANY commercial requests will be forwarded to GM for his consideration when he gets time.

I will NOT be updating this program and will be provided AS IS with no guaranteed support other then replies in this forum. ANY emails requesting help will be deleted on the spot.

Edited by Alanoll

• 3 weeks later...

i would like to purchas XPCreate but whats the point of going through the effort in sending an email and wait and wait and wait and you get nothing. Its like if he doesn't want out money for it then should take this project down imo

@CoLdFuSi0n:

Welcome to MSFN.

Its like if he doesn't want out money for it then should take this project down imo

I assume that you dont realise that you dont *have* to buy it - see http://xpcreate.com/versions.htm for more info.

Also, he has been running his project for a long time now and its only been a short(-ish) while since he has used this method of getting his product.

As it is only a side-project from whatever his main job is - he is not obligated to do anything - and I think that comments moaning continually about "obtaining this new version" or "why he hasn't got back to me?" are not very constuctive and wont help him in deciding to carry on with the project - if anything, it will cause the opposite effect.

After all, if you dont have the tool (or haven't used it before) then you aren't gonna miss what you don't have right? ;)

I'm not trying to be nasty in anyway but please cut him some slack as we dont know why he hasn't got back to people and hasn't continued work on XPCREATE.

I'm sure an announcement on this section will appear as soon as he has time / is able to make one.

Regards and best wishes everyone - as most of this post isn't just aimed at anyone in particular,

N.

@it_ybd

I assume that you dont realise that you dont *have* to buy it - see http://xpcreate.com/versions.htm for more info.

Are you for real? If the guy is not going to provide the product, then he should remove the website that says he will provide the product. He should quit wasting the time of the countless number who have went through the ridiculous routine of trying to get the product only to find that there is no response.

As it is only a side-project from whatever his main job is - he is not obligated to do anything
Again, bull. He is not obligated to do what he says he will do on his website? Welcome to the liberal land of "Promise what you want and deliver nothing" is a-okay. He's just doing his thaaannngg. Whatever. Is he too busy to at least post a message here that says, "I will not provide the product until January of 2007??" How long would that take? To just not respond to any of this for weeks at a time is juvenile. After trying to buy this product (not evaluate, as I gave up on that), there is no way I would use his product even if he sent out CDs for free. Why? Because a product like this has to be constantly updated, and anyone who thinks he will not pull a disappearing act again is naive at best.
I'm not trying to be nasty in anyway but please cut him some slack as we dont know why he hasn't got back to people and hasn't continued work on XPCREATE.

Too late, you were already nasty. He was cut slack many times. A post here would take 30 seconds of his time, so back off. Why am I here? Curiosity of how long people would continue to hang on and wait for a download.

Edited by simmonscomputer

I can't say that the project is dead but I can say that I have indeed finally received my 'permission to download' email and that the latest version of the software is dated February 2005.

Well, I submitted a properly formatted request (as per supplied instructions) jumped through all the silly little hoops and held my mouth just right on April 6th, two weeks thereafter and 3 weeks after that again and still I have not been afforded the simple common courtesy of even a message telling me to go screw myself much less the promised "Username & Password needed to access the download page".

I read on some newsgroups, after sending this guy my name and email address, that this is a fake setup that collects names and email addresses for whatever purposes I do not know. All I know is that since I have been waiting since April 6 and have not been afforded the common courtesy of anything from this guy, I think the Newsgroup Warnings must hold water.

submitted a properly formatted request (as per supplied instructions) jumped through all the silly little hoops and held my mouth just right on April 6th, two weeks thereafter and 3 weeks after that again and still I have not been afforded the simple common courtesy of even a message telling me to go screw myself much less the promised "Username & Password needed to access the download page".

Same here my friend... I just gave up after submitting my 8th request without a single reply... Courtesy as you call it is something very foreign to this guy. But you are right about some of those News Groups warning people about him. You know something funny has to be going on because any legitimate enterprise would at least have, as you call it, the "Courtesy" to at least tell you "NO". And I did as you, I filled out his silly little exam per his specific instructions.

There are alternatives who's creators will actually let you download and try. I mean... A Big DUH!