MDGx

98 FE + 98 SE + ME updates + patches + (hot)fixes

1,295 posts in this topic

I just thought Id post this for those who want to try it. (I know its been added then taken out again :) )

Windows ME's My Pictures Shimgvw.dll window in 98se.

The following is not included in 98-2-me as some have complained of incompatabilities.

However I have now got it on 2 computers of different configurations.

Select Option 3 in 98-to-me

To Enable copy shimgvw.dll to windows\system\

then type in Run Regsvr32 shimgvw.dll

then type regsvr32 webview.dll

then finaly regsvr32 mydocs.dll

Go to My Pictures and you should now see a nice zoom in/out box in the left side when you select an image.

Trev.

P.S. the 2 other steps get rid of the script error about wiamgr.devices...

With rp7 this wasnt required however with rp9.7 it is.

I followed your instructions, and they didn't work for me. Has anyone got Image Preview working? I was hoping to get it working without 98SE2ME, but that didn't happen. I even tried the Windows 2000 version SHIMGVW.DLL 5.0.2134.1 which has more resolved dependencies, but its the same output no matter which file. None of them work for me.

Hi guys, sorry if the answer to my question is somewhere buried in this thread.

I have succesfully changed the size of the onscreen boxes for msconfig.exe or sysdm.cpl so that as much information is directly visible on the screen without the need to scroll up&down and/or left&right.

I was wondering where I could do that for the 'explorer error message box' ? I think enough vertical space for 20 more lines would be enough. Thx, MiKl

Dialog #1 in Kernel32.dll

It would be cool if the error handler from 98SE could be somehow inserted into ME. The error box that ME gives is most worthless....

Install VC6 and set it as default debugger. In the error box you should get an additional button called 'Debug' which - when clicked - will open VC6 in debug mode and offer details on the error.

To set VC6 as default debugger, add the following to C:\WINDOWS\WIN.INI:

[AeDebug]Auto=0Debugger="C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\Common\MSDev98\Bin\msdev.exe" -p %ld -e %ld

If for some reason you already have another debugger set, just disable it by placing a semicolon in front of it. For example:

[AeDebug]Auto=0;Debugger="C:\Utils\FineSSE29.exe" -p %u -e %u -vDebugger="C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\Common\MSDev98\Bin\msdev.exe" -p %ld -e %ld