Netscape 8.0.1 switchs

kurt476

ok netscape has a new installer that you can put your zipcode and it will download and install automaticly what i am looking for is too put my zipcode in an have netscape installer download and install, have iit uncheck desktop wether center for download install. are there any switch for this?

i'm not sure about the main installer, but the stub downloader can be bypassed. Start it up. When Netscape is actually installing, there should be a new folder in the Temp directory with like a 13MB file in it which is the real installer.

• 5 months later...
wow... ppl still use netscape??

The new one, 8.0.4, appears to be the first *decent* release of Netscape in close to a decade. Remember the days when Netscape was actually *better* than IE? You know, before IE became free and Netscape became a bunch of p***ant crybabies who wanted to sob to the government instead of build a decent browser?

Thank goodness AOL bought them out. The new Netscape is based on Firefox, but with the cool ability to switch to the IE rendering engine if the FF engine doesn't work. *Very* nice.

Jason