Best Next Generation Console?

raza

Which one do you think will be the best?  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Which one do you think will be the best?

• Sony PS3
    • Microsoft XBox 360
    • Nintendo Revolution
    • Don't Know

I will have to stick with the PS3 which is the successor of my current and most favorite video game console ever made being the PS2 of course. I don't have time to get use to another console nor do I want to. GO SONY!!!!!!! :w00t::thumbup

to be sincere, i think ps3 hardware seems better when compared but is the only thing i can talk b/c i haven't seen 'in game' videos/shots (i think there's none from xbox 360 as the content presented on e3 are 'how the game should look like')

PS3.

Microsoft is (and has with the original XBox) going cheap. Throw together a basic computer and give it a minimal OS and call it a console.

Sony actually takes the time to develop their products.

Oh... and PS3 looks way nicer too... :P

Wow, look who's full of sh1t. Read the **** specs, the new system is based on the same technology as the PS3 is (PowerPC from IBM, both the Cell AND the XBox 360 CPU are derivatives of that chip).

This entire topic is STUPID. How in the hell can you possibly determine what's the "best" out of three systems which AREN'T EVEN ON THE MARKET YET, particularly when TWO of them are VAPORWARE?!

Come on, people, what happened to the *Intelligent* people who used to populate MSFN's forums? Have they all been completely supplanted by idiots?

Jason

my vote goes for xbox 360 because it beats ps3 in benchmarking and it has a software giant supporting it. Microsoft will beat sony in console gaming. a console is nothing without good software and i think nobody beats microsoft in that. Also xbox produces better games that ps2. manny exclusive games too.

http://www.megagames.com/news/html/console...softstory.shtml

Given that PS3 is so far *Vaporware*, you can't really say with any credibility that XBox 360 beats it in benchmarks.

More importantly, however, Consoles are not now nor were they *ever* about benchmarks.

Jason

I will have to stick with the PS3 which is the successor of my current and most favorite video game console ever made being the PS2 of course. I don't have time to get use to another console nor do I want to. GO SONY!!!!!!! :w00t:  :thumbup

I take it that means you'll be sticking with PS2 forever, then, since PS3 is--get this!-- *another console*!!!

Jason

to be sincere, i think ps3 hardware seems better when compared but is the only thing i can talk b/c i haven't seen 'in game' videos/shots (i think there's none from xbox 360 as the content presented on e3 are 'how the game should look like')

Actually you're confusing the XBox's E3 showing with Sony's PS3 showing. XBox 360 games were *playable* on Dev Kits running an early version of the hardware that was running at about 30 percent of what the final hardware will be.

Sony, on the other hand, showed nothing but pre rendered videos and an empty plastic shell with a "concept design only" label on it, all under glass, of course. Only the imbeciles were wowed, and the show went on.

As for whoever said above that Sony would "own the portable market in 5 years", what are you smoking? Nintendo owns 94% of the portable market and the DS *continues* to outsell the PSP. PSP is a cool box, to be sure, but the games and the unit itself are MUCH too expensive for mass consumption. Further, its games, while cool, are still just PS2 games, nothing more. Nintendo innovates, Sony replicates.

Jason

Actually you're confusing the XBox's E3 showing with Sony's PS3 showing. XBox 360 games were *playable* on Dev Kits running an early version of the hardware that was running at about 30 percent of what the final hardware will be.

Sony, on the other hand, showed nothing but pre rendered videos and an empty plastic shell with a "concept design only" label on it, all under glass, of course. Only the imbeciles were wowed, and the show went on.

As for whoever said above that Sony would "own the portable market in 5 years", what are you smoking? Nintendo owns 94% of the portable market and the DS *continues* to outsell the PSP. PSP is a cool box, to be sure, but the games and the unit itself are MUCH too expensive for mass consumption. Further, its games, while cool, are still just PS2 games, nothing more. Nintendo innovates, Sony replicates.

Jason

That's also what i said about Nintendo orginality ;)

Look a few posts back

I will have to stick with the PS3 which is the successor of my current and most favorite video game console ever made being the PS2 of course. I don't have time to get use to another console nor do I want to. GO SONY!!!!!!! :w00t:  :thumbup

I take it that means you'll be sticking with PS2 forever, then, since PS3 is--get this!-- *another console*!!!

Jason

I have to say you are one of the most anal people on this forum I have ever seen. Look at you four replies in a row bashing everyone's opinions thinking yours is the only one that counts! And then to make this comment shows how much your personality must shine on a daily basis "Come on, people, what happened to the *Intelligent* people who used to populate MSFN's forums? Have they all been completely supplanted by idiots?" You sure sound very *Intelligent* yourself a$$hole. Have a great day :D

whatever anybody says sony will NOT be able to keep up with microsoft. whether its software or gaming hardware. The company is frickin rich and it will do anything to eliminate competiton. I still think xbox 360 will be better...But i dont think anybody can be convinced until the consoles come out.

Jason

I have to say you are one of the most anal people on this forum I have ever seen. Look at you four replies in a row bashing everyone's opinions thinking yours is the only one that counts! And then to make this comment shows how much your personality must shine on a daily basis "Come on, people, what happened to the *Intelligent* people who used to populate MSFN's forums? Have they all been completely supplanted by idiots?" You sure sound very *Intelligent* yourself a$$hole. Have a great day :D

Ooh, aren't you clever? You simply underline my point: Intelligent discussion here has been replaced with drooling fanbois who can't be bothered to address specific *issues* and *details*. Instead you prefer to go off on this BS diatribe that adds nothing to the discussion, counters no point made by anyone about anything or even attempts to discuss the OP's original statement.

What a shame MSFN's board membership has gone so far down the toilet.

Jason

whatever anybody says sony will NOT be able to keep up with microsoft. whether its software or gaming hardware. The company is frickin rich and it will do anything to eliminate competiton. I still think xbox 360 will be better...But i dont think anybody can be convinced until the consoles come out.

Well, while I do believe MS is a company to be reckoned with, that the XBox 360 hardware is more than capable of standing up to PS3's and that only fools proclaim the battle "won by PS3" already, I don't agree that there is a *clear* winner, nor that we'll see one for several years.

I *do* suspect that XBox 360 will surpass PS3 sales, at least in the first 1-2 years. I don't think that the battle will be "swiftly and decisively won" by *anyone*, in spite of the drooling fanbois on this and other forums.

This one will be much, much closer to call, and it's really anyone's game. In every generation there are *always* the drooling, mindless drones who proclaim a winner to a race that hasn't even happened yet. Those are people you should ignore. They are stupid from end to end, and their pretentions at knowledge of the future in an industry as complex and unpredictable as this one are dishonesty at its purest.

The Next-Gen war has not yet begun, much less ended.

Jason