Possible for a folder having files of anothers?

Sid The Kid

You can create something called "Junction points" aka "symbolic links". The problem is there are three limitations:

a.) these two folders must be on same partition

b.) it is NTFS feature

c.) it works only on directories, not files. So your folder B will be subdirectory in A folder

For more informations:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NTFS_junction_point

For utilities:

http://www.sysinternals.com, utility called Junction

OK thanks for replies I'll try the juction thing to see

Anyway let me expalin you my problem, maybe you would know other issues that sharing folders:

I often restore my windows partition to a previous state, but there are folders in that partition I update regularly. These folders (themes folder for example) can't be move so when I restore my partition, I got them in old state (so I need to reinstall my newest themes everytime I restore system).

This is just an example of other same sorts of problem.

What solution can there be for that?

Thanks in advance for replying

Ah, so this is it :)

You should use something different called mirroring - so you will "mirror" your new partition to backup.

Easiest way is to download for free Resource Kit 2k3 from Microsoft and use command robocopy with switch /MIR. You dont need to use junction points...

Yes, thats it. Install the whole package on your PC (RK is must-have) - then just copy robocopy out of the package (you dont need to install)...

I am usually (if it is possible in your scenario) placing robocopy to network and calling it from there.

Ok I tried it

In cmd, i type "robocopy source path dest path" it copies the contents of source folder to destination folder. But what should I do to make it copy the contents automatically?

Thanks and sorry for my questions