Problem running from cd rom

hi well this is my first attempt at making a unattended run from a cd-rom instead of carying over

heres my problem

ive placed in the root of the cd my applications that id like to instal in a folder names applications

this is the way my gui is set up

[GuiRunOnce]

%cdrom%\install\wpi\wpi.cmd in the winnt.sif and

and ive even changed the path like this

set wpipath=%cdrom% with in the wpi.cmd file

and well the wpi.cmd file is being called and found perfectly but

it then says cant find the

common/VideoChanger.exe

cant find

common/fonts

then it cant find the wpi.hta

.... this is kinda strange so far ive tried a few ways to go about this..

ive tried having my wpi folder in the root and ive tried having my wpi folder in the

instal folder with in the oem folder so it carrys over and i still get this same situation..

well actually i get this when i run it from it being copyied over from the instal folder the other way having it placed in the root of the cd,,, shows file cant be found which is wpi.cmd

any ideals,,, i have a good few tools/progs i want to try to instal from the cd it self like office tools

thanks

well ive tested it out in both ways again

first test with the wpi folder in the root..

the result is it cant find the %CDROM%\wpi\wpi.cmd file

second test with the wpi folder inside the oem instal folder

the result is it can find the wpi.cmd file but it still says cant find the common/video changer and then it cant find the common/fonts and then it cant find the wpi.hta file

and these results are with me adding/replacing my wpi.cmd and generate.js with yours

im puzzled as to why this keeps happening, i know i can instal them by the method of files being copyied to the hard drive but this method would be alot faster considering how many gigs it takes up..

do you have any other ideals on what i could try ?

ok ive just ran another test in vmware and with the wpi folder in the root windows still isnt finding the %CDROM%\wpi\wpi.cmd file

god what am i doing wrong that every one else is doing so right,, why cant i get this to run from a cd

put wpi.cmd at the root of your cd and make sure where it says:

set wpipath=%cdrom%

That it says:

set wpipath=%cdrom%\WPI

Also how are you calling WPI.cmd??

From winnt.sif it should read something like:

"%CDROM%\wpi.cmd"

Personally I have some stuff (NOT WPI) copied over from &OEM% folders and I keep my wpi.cmd in the system32 folder and then call it to point to the cd and run WPI.

After wpi runs the CMD file I have it deletes itself.

i have it in my winnt.sif

like this

[GuiRunOnce]

%CDROM%\WPI\WPI.cmd

... so let me get this right your saying to take wpi.cmd out of the wpi folder and just have it placed by it self in the root of the cd apart from the rest of its files ?

wont it have trouble calling to the other files ?

ok tests finished,,

im still getting an error that it cant be found this time it says cannot find file CDROM\WPI.cmd

... ill test again this time ill try your other method of placing the wpi.cmd into the system32 folder so that its carried over then called from the gui again

grrr so many failures,, i swear ill beat this thing some how lol

well ill keep you posted