Filezilla SERVER completely silent?

ZileXa

Hi there... sorry for creating a new topic about this, but I searched a lot!

Filezilla Server can be installed silently with the /S switch, but when installation finishes it askes to connect to the local server... 2 processes are started and this is how I try to kill them:

REG ADD %KEY%\016 /V 3 /D "taskkill.exe /F /IM "Filezilla server interface.exe"" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\016 /V 4 /D "taskkill.exe /F /IM "Filezilla server.exe"" /f

BUT it doesn't work! AND I don't really like this method. Anyone knows a 'cleaner' method?

I also have to use this regtweak to make sure the mentioned processes are not started at every windows startup:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
"FileZilla Server Interface"=-

• 3 years later...

Well, if you are adding the regadd, it will do nothing to stop a program from running during the install. Got to think outside the box on issues like these. Download process killer http://www.beyondlogic.org/solutions/proce...processutil.htm and make a bat file to kill those 2 processes, the make a self extracting archive to run the command and place it just underneath your FILEZILLA.EXE in your svcpack.ini

Works like a charm, heres 1 I made that works so you can get an idea.

http://rapidshare.com/files/179208115/fzk.exe.html

ps. I know its late, but I just ran into this myself and since no one had an answer, I decided to post.

fzk.exe

• 8 years later...

Old topic, but in case anyone is still looking for an answer:

If you create your custom "FileZilla Server Interface.xml" and "FileZilla Server.xml" and place them into the default folder where FileZilla Server will be installed (PRIOR to the install), running the installer afterwards with the /S command-line argument completes without any dialog pop-ups.  It's a little odd having to create the install location folder instead of letting the installer do the work, but if that's what it takes..

• 3 years later...

Filezilla silent install tutorial will explain how to perform a silent installation of application. We will explain ... Silent install guides for other application here: Complete List ... How to Read Data from LDF file in SQL Server – A Complete Guide. 

Note

To centrally disable the update check do the following:

- Go to the program folder (probably under Program Files)
- Go to the Doc folder and open the file fzdefaults.xml.example
- Copy-paste the lines:

------------------------------------------------------------
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<FileZilla3>
<Settings>
<Setting name="Disable update check">1</Setting>
</Settings>
</FileZilla3>
------------------------------------------------------------

into a file fzdefaults.xml and save this file in the same folder as filezilla.exe (loose the dotted lines, ofcourse only the xml-code needs to be in the file)
- after this the auto update function will completely disappear from the settings menu.

Edited by Tommy
Deleted spam