Good XML Editor

Brando569

hey i was just wondering ppls suggestions on an XML editor that i can use that will save Xplode.XML in the correct format. Im currently using Dreamweaver MX4 and it wont save it in the correct format so i have to open up wordpad and resave it in the correct format whenever i wanna run/test it. its a simple thing to do but its a pain in the @$$ :} and another thing, will xplode4.1 code be compatible with 4.2+ code? currently i dont feel like paying $10 and am going to try coding the whole thing in 4.1 and see how it works out, if it works out good, then i'll possibly pay the money and get the new version, cuz theres no way in hell im gonna recompile/reburn my UA every three weeks...

If you create the file and in NOTEPAD and save it in Unicode, then when Dreamweaver opens it, it should retain that formating. Atleast when I use Dreamweaver it did.

As for compatibility, the XML is exactly the same.

doesnt work that way with MX 2004 i guess cuz it ALWAYS saves it in another format, i can always tell cuz the filesize is always half of what it is when i save it with notepad. (ex. dreamweaver=8kb notepad=16kb)

time to uninstall dreamweaver! havent actually written code in N++ yet but i do like the expandable/shrinkable tree options :) cuz the only thing i really need to see is <items> all the program tags/trees here</items>

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...