How to make a dynamic signature (IP sig)

gamehead200

This is great, a fantastic starting off script for anyone interested in learning php, like me, thanks for posting it :D

Ive been learning php and mysql for a few months now and altho they say its easy its pretty comprehensive to say the least, php.net proves that!

Would it be possible to add another couple of lines to this code so it could show other stuff? what would be the code to use to display the uptime of my pc/cpu?

also id like to be able to incorporate other things into it like what youre currently playing in winamp by using something like AMIP dynamic sig.

i think you need to play around with the function calc_uptime() as ive been using ampsig.com's ampsig. http://ampsig.com and its all in the code.

ive been playing around with some various scripts over the last few days as, ultimately what id like to create is one mutiple stat'd sig.

heres my attempt at using the code from here > [multisig] - A work in progress LOL

Id like to be able to merge it with something like this: [AMIP_sig]

[Here] is the sigamp sig by the way.

I like it and all and you can use your own images and totally tweek it but for some parts it needs a MYSQL table and i want to try and keep it as simple as possible.

well thanks for any insite anyone :thumbup

Brazen1

Edited by Brazen1

heres my attempt at using the code from here > [multisig] - A work in progress LOL

Firefox not detected

change

elseif ( strstr($agent, "Firebird") ) $browser = "using Firebird";

to this

elseif ( strstr($agent, "Firefox") ) $browser = "using Firefox";

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I would like my sig to output the browser and OS but I don't understand how to put this code in my sig, it is working but where do I add for instance $endos ?

Edit:

Btw, for those who might have problems with the signature, a admin of my hosting fixed my .htaccess file for me:

#<Files mysig.jpg>
#ForceType application/x-httpd-php
#</Files>
#These lines should have caused the error.

AddHandler application/x-httpd-php .jpg

Edit2: found out how to add $endos

// now i will create a line with font size 8, with no angle, 10 pixels to the right, and 17 pixels down
ImageTTFText ($image, 8, 0, 10, 17, $white, $font,"Your IP Address is ".$REMOTE_ADDR. " and you are using ".$endos);

I would like to know how I can break lines, like you do with the html tag <br />, but that doesn't work...

Edited by Martijn

• 7 months later...
I would like my sig to output the browser and OS but I don't understand how to put this code in my sig, it is working but where do I add for instance $endos ?

Edit:

Btw, for those who might have problems with the signature, a admin of my hosting fixed my .htaccess file for me:

#<Files mysig.jpg>
#ForceType application/x-httpd-php
#</Files>
#These lines should have caused the error.

AddHandler application/x-httpd-php .jpg

Edit2: found out how to add $endos

// now i will create a line with font size 8, with no angle, 10 pixels to the right, and 17 pixels down
ImageTTFText ($image, 8, 0, 10, 17, $white, $font,"Your IP Address is ".$REMOTE_ADDR. " and you are using ".$endos);

I would like to know how I can break lines, like you do with the html tag <br />, but that doesn't work...

It might be a bit late for an answer, but you can put in a line break by adding this to your text within the quotation marks: \n

If anyone is still interested in this type of signature, view mine below, and any and all questions will be answered to fit everyone's needs. :D

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone ever wanted to add their computer's online status to their sig using Hamachi? Here's my way of doing it:

First off, install the beta version of Hamachi (v1.0.0.0 or whatever), and make sure that you set the following as shown:

post-1828-1154816992_thumb.jpg

Now, you need to put in the following in your GD image's code in order for it to work:

<?php

Header('Content-type: image/png');
Header('Cache-Control: no-store, no-cache, must-revalidate, post-check=0, pre-check=0');
Header('Expires: Thu, 19 Nov 1981 08:52:00 GMT');
Header('Pragma: no-cache');

// create the image
$image = imagecreatefrompng("signew.png"); // my background image

// hamachi online status
$fileget = file_get_contents("http://my.hamachi.cc/status/text.php?5.x.x.x"); // replace 5.x.x.x with your hamachi ip

if( preg_match( "/online/i", $fileget ) ) {
$status = imagecreatefrompng("online.png");
}elseif( preg_match( "/offline/i", $fileget ) ) {
$status = imagecreatefrompng("offline.png");
}else{
$status = imagecreatefrompng("unknown.png");
}

$status_x = imagesx($status);
$status_y = imagesy($status);

// put it all together

// starting out with the status
imagecopymerge($image, $status, 287, 3, 0, 0, $status_x, $status_y,100);

// and the text
/////////////// i dont have any in my sig

// output and destroy
imagepng($image);
imagedestroy($image);
imagedestroy($status);

?>

That's all there is to it! The end result is something that looks like what's in my sig, in the top right-hand corner! :D The required images are attached!

For a list of all your computers' Hamachi online statuses, refer to this: http://www.astromike.com/scripts/hamachistatus/

:D

images.zip

• 3 months later...

I was hoping I could get some guidance with issues I am having working this out, I have been through about 1/2 a dozen tutorials on how to do this and have been unable to get one to work at all, I believe I am having an issue with the .htaccess file, I keep getting a HTTP error 500, whatever this is, when I remove the htaccess file I can view other files in that directory though while it is there only this error displays.

I tried using the file that was uploaded to this site on the first page of this thread, with no luck I also tried using it with just the "AddHandler application/x-httpd-php .jpg", still same problem either way. I use an IPOWER WinPro for my web server, though do not know if they have GL installed, I did upload the verada.ttf though.

All I am really wanting to do is have a line of text display in either white or lime green stating "Total Players Currently Online: " and then merging this with a number from another file that will be updated every so many minutes i.e. 12. This will then be displayed in a Administrator's sig for a gaming website and support forums. I have had no luck with this as of yet, any ideas or suggestions would be great, thank you for your time.

UPDATE: I just got of the phone with tech support and they advised their Windows servers do not use Apache they use IIS (?), so is there an alternative for this function or do I need to downgrade my service to their Linux servers that use Apache?

Edited by RexxCrow

UPDATE: I just got of the phone with tech support and they advised their Windows servers do not use Apache they use IIS (?), so is there an alternative for this function or do I need to downgrade my service to their Linux servers that use Apache?

Probably, but I have no knowledge of it. Downgrading service to Linux? Everyone out there knows that Linux is way more secure than Windows when it comes to hosting a website. You should be upgrading to Linux.

@ MGadAllah: Yes, you can. Search the network forum on how to setup an account at DynDNS.org or a similar service. (Dynamic IP Service)

Sorry, that is just actually sort of funny you MOD for these MS forums and yet you trash Windwos, laff. As well sorry, though I am coming here for help not to debate Win vs. Lin. Although, I will say that there is a reason Linux is more secure then Windwos, which I am sure you are aware of those reasons. By downgrading my service I meant the WinPro package offers much more then the latter Linux packages, Bandwidth, accessibility, storage size, plugins, email accounts, etc.

Personally, I hate Windwos, and I hate BG and everything that spoon feeder is about, but I use his software because, well BG has successfully monopolized the entire computer industry, sure program such as Linux and BartPE are nice alternatives, though they do not permit the necessary foundation to enable the full abilities that most software was built upon specifically for well, you know.

Alright, after tweeking the examples in this thread this is what I have come up to hopefully work with my application, I am making this for an Admin for a site that I believe does use Apache, I just won’t be able to test anything myself, if I have errors in this code please advise me of them, if anybody is willing to do so. I may not have understood everything fully, as this is the first time that I have actually played around with PHP code.

I am planning on setting these files in directory labeled: POAN, server side; this directory will also contain an HTML file that is used by the script I am trying to make this sig for. I have included these files to help paint the picture and limit any confusion. This is to work by having a script create the POAN.HTML and PC.txt files those are then FTP'ed to the server, the POAN.HTML will be accessed by players and the PC.txt is just for the sig, these files will be updated at a set period of time by the admin. the sig will then be linked to by the games support site and the Admins own site, etc. This is for an old online door game known as TradeWars 2002 now TradeWars 2002/TWGS, the script is for a helper called TWXProxy that allows users to make scripts to automate game play for them. This project I am working on though is more admin related, though to the players benefit. Thanks again for any assistance.

An example of the code used by TWXProxy to create the needed file for PC.TXT locally on the admins computer prior to FTPing to their website (these are excerpts from the file, as they are actually written throughout the file in various functions.)

# sets up the file path and name to be used:
setVar $sigPath $POANPath & "PC.TXT"

# if no users are online:
setVar $sig "None"

# else $X is the number of users online.
setVar $sig $X

# checks for the old file, removes it and writes a new one PC.TXT:
fileExists $fc $sigPath
IF $fc
DELETE $sigPath
END
WRITE $sigPath $sig

POAN.HTML

[displays the game and player information via website]

PC.TXT

[contains the number of players currently online, so this would just contain a number i.e. 10 (I put a little function at the bottom of the Sig.JPG file, which I modified from the random quote code, to read from this file so not sure if I have this correct? Also, does the CHMOD setting for this file matter to make this work?)]

verdana.ttf

[obvious]

.htaccess file:

AddHandler application/x-httpd-php .JPG

Sig.JPG file:

<?php
Header('Content-type: image/jpeg');
Header('Cache-Control: no-store, no-cache, must-revalidate, post-check=0, pre-check=0');
Header('Pragma: no-cache');

// set the dimensions
$img_width = 200;
$img_height = 25;

// create the image
$image = imagecreate($img_width, $img_height);

// set the colours
$cool = imagecolorallocate($image, 81, 86, 96);
$green = imagecolorallocate($image, 0, 255, 0);

// set the background colour
// number or is top left pixel x, top left pixel y, bottom right pixel x, bottom right pixel y
imagefilledrectangle($image, 0, 0, $img_width, $img_height, $cool);

// set the font and print text
$font = 'verdana.ttf';

// reading from the Player Count text file to obtain the number of players currently online.
// Still need to change CHMOD to 777 also?
$count = file('PC.txt');

// now i will create a line with font size 10, with no angle, 10 pixels to the right, and 15 pixels down
ImageTTFText ($image, 10, 0, 10, 17, $green, $font, "Total Players Currently Online: ".$count);

// output and destroy
imagepng($image);
imagedestroy($image);
?>

This is the basic result I am hoping for (except in lime green):

Total Players Currently Online: 10

As and alterative option how would you make the number a different color? just put a defined color $ as:

$white=imagecolorallocate($image, 255, 255, 255);

ImageTTFText ($image, 10, 0, 10, 17, $green, $font, "Total Players Currently Online: ".$white.$count);

Edited by RexxCrow