UAE order

maxXPsoft

XPero

Gotta say this is a great thing you have here with the XPize, looks really good. Some of my members want me to add UAE to my UnattendXP app and I was wondering if you could tell me when I should do this?

I don't use nLite and should I do it after Remove Components or before? Also doing Hotfixes and Remove Useless Folders so I'm guessing that maybe I need to do the UAE after all of the above?

Edited by maxXPsoft

I've reread your post several times and I don't know if you use nLite or not. Anyway, I will explain you the methods with which you can integrate ***XPize uAE*** into a Windows installation:

- The one I recommend is installing it with your uA CD using the /S switch. This way, you will have XPize uAE installed silently and the option to uninstall it completely. The most important of all, you will have the XPize uAE Updater, which you can use after visiting Windows Update (or installing new hotfixes). That way, those new files installed can be patched again by XPize uAE.

- The second method is using the XPize uAE I386 Patching feature. XPize uAE can patch and copy files in the source of your Windows installation (I386 dir). Once you have apply the patch, you can burn your ISO and install Windows. The disadvantages are that you won't be able to undo the changes made in files by XPize uAE. Also, you won't have the possibility to update resources once they have been replaced by Windows Update (or new hotfixes).

- The third way is using nLite. This method is the same as the second method, but easier to accomplish. Simply integrate XPize uAE as a hotfix in nLite's Hotfix Integration page, and all the job will be done automatically for you.

Hope it helps.

XPero

Edited by XPero

XPize_uAE_1_2.exe is to pre-patch your I386

and then

XPize I386 Patching feature
So this means xpize_v3.2.exe can also patch the I386? Guess thats where my confusion comes from.

No, I don't use nLite myself, but some do that also use my App

Thats why I asked at what point I should set it up to patch the I386 because I have some removes and slipping Hotfixes also.

xpize_v3.2.exe can be installed during setup as an application.. - I personally prefer this since it can be undone as you said and you get the Full features. I made my own autoit to pass the restore thing and also to tell it not to reboot.

Edited by maxXPsoft

Some confusion you have here:

1) XPize uAE is the only that can patch a I386 dir / be installed silently (unattended)

2) XPize 3.x cannot be installed silently / unattended (in fact it can be, but some pop up messages regarding system restore will appear)

I will edit my last post to avoid confusion. Also, you can refer to the F.A.Q. to see what is what.