Is there a registry tweak to enable file sharing?

I'm not talking about the tweak that enables simple file sharing. The thing is that simple file sharing is already enabled, but I can't seem to have file sharing unless I go to the network setup wizard and enable file sharing there to actually be able to share my files with other computers connected to my home network. I think this is a new feature of SP2 cuz I never had to do this with Windows XP SP1 and before.

Alternatively, you disable Windows Firewall/Internet Connection Sharing service which gives the same result. I used to have exactly the same prob. as you but, since I fixed this into my regfile, its gone :D

• 3 weeks later...

@Sgt_Strider:

Enable Guest account with:

net user Guest  /active:yes

edit: oups, you must remove Guest form blacklist in the "gpedit.msc" and that isn't possible in command line, if anyone have a solution it's great for me !!!

Edited by sonic

I had this exact same problem and tracked it down to NetBIOS being disabled after my UA install ran.. and it need to be set to either 'Default' or 'Enabled' (I use Default).... you can read up here how to make this occur by default during your UA install.