autoIt set cdrom

maniaq

Hello Mhz thanks for all you good code. I also do a few things in autoit and am getting ready release something if all goes well.

However for now I'm using a network and I have from the command lines text a single batch file that sets up my network and starts my installer scripts that are on a network share. This saves me allot of space on my cdrom that can be better used for whatever I see fit.

The thing is that I'm currently using xplode and it works great Iahve no issues there and it is network transparent. I want to now use auto it for this and I also want to use autoit for scripting some installers to make them silent.

My main issue here is that I have tried to use the macro recorder that comes with scite for auto it and I'm not really happy with what it produces. I also have to admit that I'm using auto it for gui purposes and not to automate things so I'm not really to good at that part of it.

Could you explain in a simple step by step how you make your installer scripts and also possibly share some more of your au3 scripts for cleanup and also for the runonce stuff after you boot into the os. If you don't want to I understand that ok but i thought I would ask anyway.

Oh and my project. It's called buster and you can think of it more as a system cleaner / virus / malware / spyware scanner with definition files that anybody can write. They are completely open. Hopefully soon I will have it out I just need to finish the code for reading the def files and change the back end to execute the commands in the proper order.

The thing is that I'm currently using xplode and it works great  Iahve no issues there and it is network transparent. I want to now use auto it for this and I also want to use autoit for scripting some installers to make them silent.

If you want to use AutoIt to make some silent installs, then use CMenu. Identify Installer within CMenu can create template AutoIt scripts for you. It will make it easy for you.

My main issue here is that I have tried to use the macro recorder that comes with scite for auto it and I'm not really happy with what it produces. I also have to admit that I'm using auto it for gui purposes and not to automate things so I'm not really to good at that part of it.

AutoMacroGenerator is rough but quick at creating an automated script. It is fine if you are not concerned for it's output. Checking and editing can be a post operation.

Could you explain in a simple step by step how you make your installer scripts and also possibly share some more of your au3 scripts for cleanup and also for the runonce stuff after you boot into the os. If you don't want to I understand that ok but i thought I would ask anyway.

Post #13 has some scripts added if you want a look. The prepare, cleanup and startup scripts are mostly custom to my needs, but you may see something to learn from.

Are you refering to silent install scripts or automated scripts? There is a WinZip tutorial in the AutoIt helpfile. The automated example uses WinWaitActive and Send. WinWait and ControlClicks are more reliable to use if possible. Always use the Au3Info tool to supply you the information for using the function parameters. Let me know what you do not understand and which type of install, whether silent or automated.

• 4 weeks later...

Try it over a network. It may depend on your setup to what issues may arise. Running it at Cmdlines.txt means your running as system rather then an account so RunAsSet is perhaps no requirement, if it was anyway. You can only fix problems that come your way, not the ones that do not exist yet. The scripts are flexible to small changes if needed.

sure of course I already have my setups set to run over the network from commandlines.txt so that is no issue. I currently use xplode though and seeing as how it is a paid product I'm looking at moving to other pastures.

At any rate I have been wanting to go with a atuoit based setup for a while. I'm hoping autoit maps network paths correctly during t-12 though.

Oh well I'll let you know and thanks for the help.