Adv Server

aKaFrEE

• 3 weeks later...

the main differances are that:

a: .NET (xp, whistler) server is not finished the RTM has not been made, beta 2 was released this week.

b: .NET server does not include the luna user interface

c: .NET server will incule more components of microsoft's .NET vision

but i would love to get my hands on a copy to try out two, tell me if you can find it

btw if you want more info on .NET server beta 3 goto:

h**p://www.winsupersite.com

gecko19scl

It is most likely it does have the luna interface in it; it just doesnt default to it.

Even XP Professional defaults to the win2k style if you connect it to a domain. Businesses don't need pretty interfaces :cool:

The real differance between them is it can run a number of differant servers (Active directory, DNS, etc), and has support for more than 2 processors (server can do 4, advanced server 8 I believe).

there is no luna at all in nt et beta 3 it is rumered to be included in RC1 but no in the full 'fisher price' glory. It is supposed to be mono like the parts of luna already.

Where about on IRC can i get it, servers and channels would be great if that possible, but unlil then il stick with my xp corrp install i think xp is ms best os to date, but .NET server will still be beten hands down by real NOS like linux XP need good hardware 733mhz for advanced server!!! a linux fileserver can run FAST on a P200

has any1 tried .NET server yet?

i would love some screenshots of it in action

gecko19scl

my dog wouldnt eat my homework, so i did!!