Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Regedit Open And Closes

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

gamehead200

gamehead200

SEARCH!!! SEARCH!!!

• Super Moderator
  • 7,039 posts
  • Joined 02-September 02
My friend has Windows Me :) and whenever I would go into his registry, it would just shutdown automatically...Any ideas of what might be causing this?

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

Wadey

Wadey
  • 7 posts
  • Joined 22-June 02
windows ME of course LOL! :)

Robertson

Robertson

The Gamer

• PipPip
  • 279 posts
  • Joined 01-December 02

windows ME of course LOL! 

Helpful :)

Does it happen with any other programs, or any other microsoft programs? Or just REGEDIT?
Chicken

Crispy

Crispy

Retired Yiffy Moderator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,305 posts
  • Joined 14-September 02
It can any number of things causing it ... but I would guess that its some new windows system file that are the troublemakers here.

Did he install anything recently that might have overwritten some windows system files? ... If yes, try uninstalling them again. And remember to remove ALL the files that were installed ...

If nothing else works ... reinstall Windows! (The Solution to all problems! - even those not computer related :) )

Hope it helps
Posted Image

gamehead200

gamehead200

SEARCH!!! SEARCH!!!

• Super Moderator
  • 7,039 posts
  • Joined 02-September 02
No...none of that...For some strange reason, I opened up 'regview' or something with a similar name in the Windows folder, and then it said there was an error in the registry. So it restarted the computer, fixed the error, and everything was fine after that. I told him to would backup all of his files before he installs XP on it :) ! Thanks anyway, guys...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users