WPI v3.6 or a v4?

Hello Fellow WPI Users. :hello:

First, I would like to congradulate you guys on the 'great' work you have done for designing & implementing a (silent) installer.

(very different to other around on the net)

Second, Will there be a upgrade to v3.6 or even a v4 soon?

How long is the wait between 'major' updates?

I would be very interested in using it, but i understand its still the beta stage?

I'm still a little shaking at how explainitory it can be to try to get it working.

For me, personally, I wont use it, till there have been some major updates to the coding. (maybe some help docs included and a theme'r maybe).

Example: What the best compression? (.MSI/.ZIP/.RAR) for storing DATA?

I currently have GB's of Data on CDs over my place, I would love to compress onto DVD and put in one of the those DVD Carry-cases.

Anyways, I hope to hear something.

I dont mind waiting.. :thumbup

Welcome.

I don't think it is beta stage, well the homepage doesn't refer to it as a homepage.

There is a plain theme included in the zip file you downloaded of 3.5.1 along with some indication of the file structure you could use.

For documentation, i didn't think you could add more to what is there and most questions/thoughts i had were answered here by the helpful many.

For upgrade, only kelsenellenelvian can answer that and could be based around time, usage, effort, what does need to be fixed/added.

The website that you can go to is

http://wpi.freeprohost.com/

for more info inc, history, layout and help guide.

an oldman

Best compression for storing data, depends on your data, but generally, 7zip with correct settings offers the best compression. But it's also slooooooow :P

There are some topics about how creating a cd/dvd with just wpi and apps on it. Search a bit.

And about versions, the current version has been kinda final for a while, with no much development. You shouldn't expect any major release soon (or am I missing something here? :P). Just a few updates over time.