Anti-Virus to become obsolete.

Rhythmnsmoke can you do me a favor and stop double, triple, or quadruple posting  :realmad:. You always bump it up and make it seem like people are really interested in the thread.

what? I have only been replying to peoples questions. If I double posted, it must be from the browser I'm using. I'm only replying once I assure you.

I've played with Deep Freeze.  It does actually let you specify "unfrozen" sections your HDD where files can be saved after reboot.  However, back to my original statements.  Even AV software can still detect and sometimes remove pre-existing viruses when installed.  Your software - from your own statements - cannot do this.  Hence, why I say it will not truly replace AV.  True, it's best not to let malicious software on your PC in the first place which is why I'm the paranoid type when it comes to security on my PC.  But a lot of people don't know better and they'll happily click away without thinking first.  These are the people who your software can't help because it has no way of helping them once the virus is installed.

Sir, you are still missing the point. It replaces AV even for those people. You will know when you have a virus or not. At some point, your machine is going to start acting funny. Most people that are not sure if they have a virus will do a search on the odd behavior that their computer is displaying, and find out that way. Also, I assume that before you install ImmE, you would have already had some form of AV software on it. If your AV software hasn't came back with any virus detections, then you can (to some degree) know if you have already been infected before installing ImmE. And if you are that paranoid, then just format your entire computer, install what you need, and then install ImmE. Case solved, no more virus, no more signature updates. Everyone is Happy...lol.

PS...For those that choose to do so, they can run ImmE, with their exsisting AV software.

Edited by rhythmnsmoke

see, the thing is, I'll grab a program off the internet once in a while, or run one of the programs I've accumulated over the years to do an odd job, so I'm installing software on my puter at least twice a month. After a format, it might even be on a daily basis for a couple weeks. so constantly fighting with a program in order to do what I do would be aggravating

Twice a month. No big deal. ImmE shield will drop in a matter of about 30 secs. So, for twice a month install, waiting 30 secs. before you do the download, I don't see that impacting you that much. Also, you have 3 variations on bringing your shield down. It's not a biggie either if you are installing on a daily basis for a couple of weeks either. You can suspend the shield of the computer for as long as you need. It will not return to shielded mode, until you tell it too. So, you don't fight with anything. You push a button, and Vola! it's down.

plus, what would happen if I plugged somebody's hard drive in my computer to do data recovery? would it erase all executable software on their drive? how would I explain that little problem? :blushing:

That's the equivalent of plugging in a USB device. No, we are not going to go and erase the HDD. However, you won't be able to launch the executables off of it onto the machine. Again, you still have to option of bringing down your shield for that duration of time. And if you are worried about getting a virus from their HDD, we have ways of still being able to protect your drive, but still allow you to do what you need to do with their drive.

Rhythmnsmoke can you do me a favor and stop double, triple, or quadruple posting  :realmad:. You always bump it up and make it seem like people are really interested in the thread.

what? I have only been replying to peoples questions. If I double posted, it must be from the browser I'm using. I'm only replying once I assure you.

Use the edit button. You do not have to reply to different people's questions with different posts.

Use the edit button. You do not have to reply to different people's questions with different posts.

I have been trying to just respond to questions that have already been answered with a "Read Previous Post" instead of re-answering the question. But then again, this thread is like 19 pages long. What would you prefer?

I've played with Deep Freeze.  It does actually let you specify "unfrozen" sections your HDD where files can be saved after reboot.  However, back to my original statements.  Even AV software can still detect and sometimes remove pre-existing viruses when installed.  Your software - from your own statements - cannot do this.  Hence, why I say it will not truly replace AV.  True, it's best not to let malicious software on your PC in the first place which is why I'm the paranoid type when it comes to security on my PC.  But a lot of people don't know better and they'll happily click away without thinking first.  These are the people who your software can't help because it has no way of helping them once the virus is installed.

Sir, you are still missing the point. It replaces AV even for those people. You will know when you have a virus or not. At some point, your machine is going to start acting funny. Most people that are not sure if they have a virus will do a search on the odd behavior that their computer is displaying, and find out that way. Also, I assume that before you install ImmE, you would have already had some form of AV software on it. If your AV software hasn't came back with any virus detections, then you can (to some degree) know if you have already been infected before installing ImmE. And if you are that paranoid, then just format your entire computer, install what you need, and then install ImmE. Case solved, no more virus, no more signature updates. Everyone is Happy...lol.

PS...For those that choose to do so, they can run ImmE, with their exsisting AV software.

No, you are missing the point. Short of a format/reload, those people are out of luck using your software after they're infected with a virus. With traditional AV, they at least have a chance of removing the viruses without wiping the whole system. Am I wrong? You said from the start this *REPLACES* anti-virus software. I'm saying it may complement it, but will not replace it. I fail to see how your statement refutes that.

see tho, he's dreaming big

he figures once everyone is addicted to his software, then no virii writers will be succsessful in infecting other people's computers, therefore they'll have to spend their time and energy actually writing useful software instead of virii :lol::wacko:

No, you are missing the point. Short of a format/reload, those people are out of luck using your software after they're infected with a virus. With traditional AV, they at least have a chance of removing the viruses without wiping the whole system. Am I wrong? You said from the start this *REPLACES* anti-virus software. I'm saying it may complement it, but will not replace it. I fail to see how your statement refutes that.

I fail to see how, your statement refutes my statement of taking time to figure out if you have a virus to begin with. Formating was just an option for those who are paranoid, and think that their exsisting AV software didn't find the un-known virus. Again, here is your option.

1) Take your exsisting AV, and do a scan. If it comes back clean, install ImmE, and now you don't have to use AV again.

2) If you don't trust that your exsisting AV say that the machine is clean, THEN format and install ImmE.

Either way, no more need for AV software.

see tho, he's dreaming big

he figures once everyone is addicted to his software, then no virii writers will be succsessful in infecting other people's computers, therefore they'll have to spend their time and energy actually writing useful software instead of virii :lol:  :wacko:

Maybe somewhere in the far distant future, someone might be able to write a virus to try and get past our system. The point being is that virus writers are going to have to go back to the drawing board and create new code to do that. And that is going to take forever and a day. You are going to have to attack ImmE before you can attack the computer. With traditional AV, no need to bring down the AV to successfully bring down the computer.

By the way, I am looking to have my next live demo tomorrow after work. That's 5:00pm Central time. For those of you who have sent me your e-mail, you should be getting those instructions on how to join in live meeting tomorrow. If you can't make it, then catch it next time.

*Edit* That's July 8th, after 5pm central time.

Edited by rhythmnsmoke

I fail to see how, your statement refutes my statement of taking time to figure out if you have a virus to begin with.  Formating was just an option for those who are paranoid, and think that their exsisting AV software didn't find the un-known virus.  Again, here is your option.

1) Take your exsisting AV, and do a scan.  If it comes back clean, install ImmE, and now you don't have to use AV again.

2) If you don't trust that your exsisting AV say that the machine is clean, THEN format and install ImmE.

I feel like we're going around in circles again...

I fail to see how, your statement refutes my statement of taking time to figure out if you have a virus to begin with.  Formating was just an option for those who are paranoid, and think that their exsisting AV software didn't find the un-known virus.  Again, here is your option.

1) Take your exsisting AV, and do a scan.  If it comes back clean, install ImmE, and now you don't have to use AV again.

I feel like we're going around in circles again...

Lol...I don't know how else to explain it to you. It can be worked out is all I'm saying.

*EDIT* Just thought of a better way of explaining to you. Ok say, you have a virus that is asleep on the machine, and you didn't use your old AV to find if there was one there to begin with. And you install ImmE. When that virus wakes up, 9 times out of 10 it's going to drop more executables and .dll's onto your machine to help it do it's job. Usually in the Windows folder and System32. When those get dropped, ImmE is going to know about it, report it, and eradicate those new .exe's and .dll. Therefore, destroying the virus ability to do anything. You will know the forensics of what those .dll's and .exe's are, and you could google them to find out what their origin's are.

Second situation is if the virus is already active on your machine. Wouldn't your machine already be hosed if that was the case? You probably would have to format your machine anyway in that case. Not to mention, if AV was successful in combating a virus already active on the machine, then they wouldn't release free tools from their website, or explaining how to get rid of a particular virus. Keep in mind, our job is not "Cleaning" up the mess after you already made it. Our job is making sure the mess never happens to begin with. "Cleaning" already infected machines is another buisness in itself.

Edited by rhythmnsmoke