Windows 2003 Memory Controller On XP?

hoak

ahh.. double post.. Something weird going on with MSFN over the last week or so? Site has been pokey and unresponsive at times compared to other places I visit on the same net connection.

Edited by bilemke

and btw, you all need to stop flaming and saying things do not work

!!!UNLESS YOU TEST IT YOURSELF!!!!

bigest problem ive been noticing with msfn forum's lately is people acting like know it alls just cause there working on a project of there own in these forums

and thats right under my post.. so I took it a little personal. when I reply to a thread then only when I have something to say not only for flaming. had bad experience so I wanted to warn people that the tweaker could do something bad as it happened to me.

heh, sorry bout that

actually it wasn't directed at you @ all

honestly i couldn't understand one bit of that post you made above that one of mine

it was more about the others in the beginnin of the thread

honestly i just want more help with this stuff

but phear hes been chased off

Edited by gdogg

:tears: :lol:

How nice.. All better now I hope.. Anyway, good point.. The rest of the tweaking poriton of the program I wouldnt trust yet.. I too would advise everyone to be especially careful with any of them since you change one and it seems to change the others anyway as I described a little earlier today.

But title of thread is in reference to the ntldr and ntdetect.com swap. I would recommend giving it a try and see if it helps with the things (applications) you use most. It is very little risk to your windows install and can easily be switched back to the originals if you back them up or, even if you didnt back up the originals, just get them from your xp cd.. I would like to see more people try and give their opinions. I would like to read more of the original thread from the authors site, but even though I am very much of Polish descent, I speak very little Polish since I was born in the US and learned English as a primary language. Translation sites can only do so much. :whistle:

Anyway, a global thanks to all that give it a try and post a comment as to how it worked for them. I a very interested in this since I had known about the idea a long time ago, but until now had not bothered to try it with any of the more recent Windows OS versions.

gdogg

I also am interested in this and noticed an overall improvment. I wonder if we can PM him and he will come back

Question, did you just replaced ntldr + ntdetect.com to root (in my case C:\) ?

I dont notice any improvement, maybe I'm doing something wrong?

um guys check out safe mode, F8 at start up...

lol

Can I change this back to english some how?

Did you apllied it with the Pollish files :P?

I have files from w2k3 sp1 english: ntldr & ntdetect.com, do you want it?

Edited by 2forza

um guys check out safe mode, F8 at start up...

lol

Can I change this back to english some how?

Did you apllied it with the Pollish files :P?

I have files from w2k3 sp1 english: ntldr & ntdetect.com, do you want it?

Hey,

I used the engligh version so I figured it would be english no? As posted on page 3 of this topic.

Yes please. Can you upload them some where or send them to me?

Thanks,

Will

Edited by war59312

"Link removed by Alanoll"

Figured that was coming. :whistle:

This thread, like I beleive someone has mentioend already, is probaly very borderline on a rule or two.. Am I right? :unsure:

I am interested in the content, but unsure if it should be talked about here.

Hello all!

I'm new to this forum, but not so new to windows. I've tested the XP PLD, and I did not noticed any change when I applied for the so called "win2k3 memory controller" (as I predicted). I've used bootvis to track down for boot speed improvements, but I could only get improved speed by tweaking it with reg settings.

I also used InstallRite to track down system/registry changes, and I do not like the logic used by the XP PLD tool: it assumes many options as selected, when I just clicked some of them (messed with sfc settings...).

Using InstallRite I could easily reconfigure the system back to the old state...

I'm not complaining about anything, since I assume risks when using such tools, but in my opinion, tools like xsetup are more advisable, meanwhile I will test mindows one day. :)

Regards!