Integration of Internet Explore 6

How to integrate/slipstream Internet Explorer 6.0 SP1 into Windows 2000 Instalation CD? I have currently Windows 2000 with SP4 and rollup 1 slipstreamed but still IE 6.0 isn't there. I need Windows 2000 to have all updates with IE right after clean Windows install. Is it possible?

download the webinstaller an start it with the following command:

ie6setup.exe /c:"ie6wzd.exe /D:1 /s:""#E"""

this will give you the possibility to download all installation files for a specific operating system.

you can silently install IE by launching

ie6setup.exe /Q:A /R:N

then. and of course you can package everything and install it together with windows.

Edited by eirogge

My win2000 install of IE6 worked perfectly by having the install files in i386/svcpack.

All I did was put it in my svcpack.inf file and ran it before all of the hotfixes. It worked well (just tested successfully yesterday)

Great i was missing that switch: ie6setup.exe /Q:A /R:N

Every thread/forum i read was only giving this line: ie6setup.exe /c:"ie6wzd.exe /D:1 /s:""#E""" and nothing else. Tnx muchos for that.

Question for jon15n is what do i exactly put in svpack.inf. Just ie6setup.exe before any other fixes dll's or anything else?

Problem is i don't see svcpack.inf as i have been slipstreaming SP4 post rollup 1 update and forthcomming hotfixes thru nlite not manually. I only have HFINT.DAT that is located in svcpack dir. I added there following line (pasted at the end of post) just before all other lines (since i was monitoring what nlite does and it seems it was modifying this file. Now waiting for results, but i doubt it will work :)

[iE60]

ie6setup.exe

[setupHotfixesToRun]

IE6/ie6setup.exe /Q:A /R:N

KB891861.EXE /passive /norestart /quiet /nobackup

KB842773.EXE /passive /norestart /quiet

KB883939.EXE /passive /norestart /quiet

KB890046.EXE /q /n /z /o

KB894320.EXE /passive /norestart /quiet

KB896358.EXE /passive /norestart /quiet

KB896422.EXE /q /n /z /o

KB897715.EXE /passive /norestart /quiet

KB832483.EXE /C:""dahotfix.exe /q /n"" /q:a

KB814078.EXE /Q:A /R:N

KB893803.exe /q /n /z

QCHAIN.EXE

REG ADD "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\GdiDetectionTool" /v "GDITool" /t REG_DWORD /d "00000001" /f

That's what i have in svcpack.inf but after installation 3 hotfxies still aren't installed. Those are "KB873374" (which is GDI TOOL), KB832483 and 814078. What i do wrong? :/

Rest seems to have installed without problems :) I feel like a n00b sometimes..

[Version]
Signature="$WINDOWS NT$"
MajorVersion=5
MinorVersion=0
BuildNumber=2195

[SetupData]
CatalogSubDir="\I386\svcpack"

[SetupHotfixesToRun]
DX9C.EXE
IE6SP1.EXE /Q:A /R:N
IE6START.EXE /Q:A /R:N
MPSetup9.exe
Q832483.EXE /Q:A /R:N
js56nen.exe
gdidettool.exe /Q:A /R:N
kb897715.exe /q /n /z /o
kb896422.exe /q /n /z /o
kb896358.exe /q /n /z /o
kb894320.exe /q /n /z /o
kb893803.exe /q /n /z /o
KB891861.EXE /q /n /z /o
kb890046.exe /q /n /z /o
kb883939.exe /q /n /z /o
kb842773.exe /q /n /z /o
Q828026.exe /q /n /z /o
KB885492.exe /q /n /z /o
KB891122.exe /q /n /z /o
kb892313.exe /q /n /z /o
qchain.exe

[ProductCatalogsToInstall]

this it how it looks mine and work with few things 832483 and jsscript(814078) are not that silent.....

I have done as you suggested and used those 832483, jsscript(814078k) without any switches. It asked me during installation about it, i have installed them and still jsscript is on Windows Update to download. Also i don't see GDI detection tool on your list and it also apears on the list. And isn't there a way to make those mentioned above REALY unattended? It kinda misses the purpose of having them included on cd ;/ They will stop instalation until you press something.

Okey i worked it out:

----

832483 --> "KB832483.exe /C:""dahotfix.exe /q /n"" /q:a" you need to add it with all the brackets (yes it looks stupid but it works :P)

----

jsscript(814078) --> can be replaced with SCRIPTEN.EXE /Q:A /R:N

It's a Windows Script 5.6 for Windows 2000 and XP that repleces that hotfix

----

So only missing thing is that GDi Tool but i already have saw some threads so eventually i'll post it here when i get it to work :/