Icon Troubles

Predatore

Everything seems to have worked after installing XPize, but alot of my icons still look like garbage. I use UltraEdit as my text editor for example and instead of using a normal icon it embeds its program icon onto the default icon and it looks terrible. This isn't the only program it happens to it seems windows does this with alot of programs.

Does anyone know of a way to kill this feature? I would rather just see the default icon instead of the one it makes.

I'm aware of this problem, but I think that XPize icon is better than the old one. Try to maintain your files properly registered with their proper applications. I've never came with that problem though

This seems to happen when you make a file (file_id.diz) that normally doesn't have an association open in notepad it takes the default icon and adds a notepad icon onto it.

I always just kind of hoping there was some way to completely prevent this thing from happening. I would rather be forced to change the icon myself than have a mini icon attached to the default.