Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

WinntbbuED

* * * * * 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
218 replies to this topic

maxXPsoft

maxXPsoft

MSFN Master

• Developer
  • 2,881 posts

didnt had you reg applied before though
KMan

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well me removing my shell.reg is like me sneeezing, been messing with the registry since it was introduced in Win95. I get the right click WinntbbuED on the .dl_ but it errors out telling me its not a valid winntbbu.dll file and then it loads his program with the program defaults, in Deutsch. I'd presume you not really editing something then.

Then I take a look at my CD copys of XP Home/Pro and 64 bit and find that only the 64 bit has that dll compressed for actual source.

I'm just telling TheMadGuy what I'm seeing so he can look at those things, Feedback is necessary to all programmers, that I KNOW. I don't know if he expands the .dl_ when you right click it and its not happening on my system.

Edited by maxXPsoft, 21 July 2005 - 10:25 AM.

Download ++> Windows 7 + 8 Unattended DVD + App Installer + Services Disabler + Load All Button + XML Creator
Jump2Reg - Registry: - Oct 4, 2013 - Version 3.0.4 - 98, ME, NT, 2K, XP, VISTA, Seven, Windows 8+ and 32 or 64 bit

XP Unattended CD/DVD creator - Version 4.1.7
Sample xml + Setupcomplete + Add Right click .wim Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

TheMadGuy

TheMadGuy

Junior

• Pip
  • 67 posts

didnt had you reg applied before though
KMan

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well me removing my shell.reg is like me sneeezing, been messing with the registry since it was introduced in Win95. I get the right click WinntbbuED on the .dl_ but it errors out telling me its not a valid winntbbu.dll file and then it loads his program with the program defaults, in Deutsch. I'd presume you not really editing something then.

Then I take a look at my CD copys of XP Home/Pro and 64 bit and find that only the 64 bit has that dll compressed for actual source.

I'm just telling TheMadGuy what I'm seeing so he can look at those things, Feedback is necessary to all programmers, that I KNOW. I don't know if he expands the .dl_ when you right click it and its not happening on my system.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Totally Agreed!
Any Feedback is good!

So, I'm reading the file's version information of the winntbbu.dll to verify its actually a valid one so it seem expanding did take place...

Can you verify that ?!
and if so, can you send me the dll, so i can check where the version info differs from the ones i test with?!

maxXPsoft

maxXPsoft

MSFN Master

• Developer
  • 2,881 posts
TheMadGuy
I'll msg you with link

Edited by maxXPsoft, 21 July 2005 - 06:33 PM.

Download ++> Windows 7 + 8 Unattended DVD + App Installer + Services Disabler + Load All Button + XML Creator
Jump2Reg - Registry: - Oct 4, 2013 - Version 3.0.4 - 98, ME, NT, 2K, XP, VISTA, Seven, Windows 8+ and 32 or 64 bit

KMan

KMan

• 29 posts
@ maxXPsoft

Sorry!
Didnt mean to be offensive in any way.
I just wanted to tell you that it works for me out of the box.
Did not want to critisize you or your registry hack in anyway,
only wanted to point out that i hadnt had that installed before testing

Sorry again if i wrote in an unlucky way!

Sincerly

KMan

maxXPsoft

maxXPsoft

MSFN Master

• Developer
  • 2,881 posts
That was first thing I done after I seen he had added was totally remove everything i had done. After check shows about 15 or so reg key's modded after applying his shell extension.
Thing is, do your files already have modifications done to them, i'm working with about 4 of my favorite screens including all text gone and a background inage.

I'd imagine its some files done with some methods, the cabin. They work fine for me with methods I've used from Msfn for quite awhile on my Installs. Its helpful if he can find and fix bug's like this from the beginning so this thing only grows more better. :thumbup

TheMadGuy
I also get another error when I try to save the file in same folder that I started edit from, error 70 Permission denied. There are no attribs on the file. If I make/select a different folder without a WINNTBBU.DLL in it then it works. Pressing Makecab also don't do anything. Try that file I pm'd ya with.

Edited by maxXPsoft, 22 July 2005 - 06:52 AM.

TheMadGuy

TheMadGuy

Junior

• Pip
  • 67 posts

TheMadGuy
I also get another error when I try to save the file in same folder that I started edit from, error 70 Permission denied. There are no attribs on the file. If I make/select a different folder without a WINNTBBU.DLL in it then it works. Pressing Makecab also don't do anything. Try that file I pm'd ya with.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Mhhh,
seems theres still is a lock open on the file....
Have to look into that...

But i totally dont understand why makecab doesnt work.....
anyways, will try to figure it all out...

TheMadGuy

TheMadGuy

Junior

• Pip
  • 67 posts

Ok I dropped the \ from mine and it did work so corrected above. It didn't with the .dl_ because it errors out and don't expand.
Are you saying it will set the keys itself now? with the Register option

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh Boy!

Stupid me! :blushing:
The filename check, if it is a compressed dll, which determined by the suffix of .dl_, is case sensitive :blushing:
Shame on me....

if you rename your file from ".DL_" to ".dl_" it instantly works ....

Will fix this in the next release 4 sure!

But Saving & Cabbing works fine for me, even with your dll when in the same dir as startet with, but i'll look further into it aswell.

@maxXPsoft
Maybe you can grab Unlocker and see if there are any locks open ? This would already help!

TheMadGuy

TheMadGuy

Junior

• Pip
  • 67 posts
Ok,

solved the MakeCab issue aswell,
i had assumed MakeCab would cab the file in the same dir as
the sourcefile, which isnt true, it cabs to the current path.

Now i pass a path to the call aswell, seems to be working fine now
Next release will have it working.

maxXPsoft

maxXPsoft

MSFN Master

• Developer
  • 2,881 posts

it cabs to the current path.

Was tring to make it so I can install with my unattend so I copy to the %SystemRoot%\system32 and run your reg with it. Guess I need to go looking in that dir :whistle: Ok thats where it was cabbed in the system32.
You said you already corrected that.

Perhaps an Installer is needed. Inno is free and better than the MS thing as it looks like you don't need any extra files for it to work.

piXelatedEmpire

piXelatedEmpire

nLiten me, nuhi!

• PipPipPip
  • 306 posts
what would the installer be used for tho maxXPsoft?

maxXPsoft

maxXPsoft

MSFN Master

• Developer
  • 2,881 posts

what would the installer be used for tho maxXPsoft?

Place it somewhere on the drive and add the reg keys. I mention Inno because it can be used silently. I do Unattending so that would be helpful.

lol I can create this myself but by the time I got the Reg file worked up TheMadGuy added his own :w00t: Its up to him because i can continue doing as I do now. Copy to system32 and add the reg keys.

Edited by maxXPsoft, 23 July 2005 - 03:35 PM.

piXelatedEmpire

piXelatedEmpire

nLiten me, nuhi!

• PipPipPip
  • 306 posts
ah ok I see.. then an installer sounds like it will definately be of use, as I also install my apps etc unattended ;)

maxXPsoft

maxXPsoft

MSFN Master

• Developer
  • 2,881 posts
TheMadGuy
I've created an Inno Installer and I'll PM you with it.

Fascix

Fascix

The Swedish Steel

• Pip
  • 94 posts
Hi there GREAT program you have done!!

I have a feature that i think should be added if possible.
(must admit i havent read the latest posts, but will do so)

It would be great if there was a "save" button under each image, like the background and the progress bar pics and so on so one could just save them and make the propper changes to them if one wanted to.
Like i just want to change some colors to some pictures for example then this would be a great idé

Thanx again

TheMadGuy

TheMadGuy

Junior

• Pip
  • 67 posts

Hi there GREAT program you have done!!

I have a feature that i think should be added if possible.
(must admit i havent read the latest posts, but will do so)

It would be great if there was a "save" button under each image, like the background and the progress bar pics and so on so one could just save them and make the propper changes to them if one wanted to.
Like i just want to change some colors to some pictures for example then this would be a great idé

Thanx again

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi!

Thnx!

This has already been suggested and has been added to the ToDo List,
so expect it to be added in one of the coming versions sometime.
This is a low priority Freature at the moment though. So dont expect it in the
next version yet.

But still any suggestions are welcome!

Fascix

Fascix

The Swedish Steel

• Pip
  • 94 posts
Okey i found a bug

i wanted to view my work of art in the real preview so i quickly saved my file with the filename winntbbuX.dll and the i previewd it later on i made some changes and i tried to save over the winntbbuX.dll then the error uccured.

Run-time error '70'
Permition Denied

Thanx

TheMadGuy

TheMadGuy

Junior

• Pip
  • 67 posts

Okey i found a bug

i wanted to view my work of art in the real preview so i quickly saved my file with the filename winntbbuX.dll and the i previewd it later on i made some changes and i tried to save over the winntbbuX.dll then the error uccured.

Run-time error '70'
Permition Denied

Thanx

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Mhhh,
maxXPsoft already reported a similar problem,
i cant reproduce this error though.

Can you give me a step by step report of what you did to the point where the error came up ?

expert_1st

expert_1st

• 24 posts
Great work :thumbup excellent program .

Fascix

Fascix

The Swedish Steel

• Pip
  • 94 posts
Oki doki here we go:

First launced v0.3.0

then opened up a copy of winntbbu.dll (that i have copied from my unattended winxp sp2 dir, to the WinntbbuED dir)

then i made some changes (doesent matter what kind of changes, i have the same error when i just save it over whitout have done ANY changes)

then i save it to the filename winntbbux.dll (note the X inte the end)

then i made some more changes to winntbbux.dll and try to save it again (over the already existing winntbbux.dll file)

This is where the error occurs.

Tell me if you want more info on hardware, WinXP sp2 patches i have installed, Programs i use or any other info neseccary to fix this.

EDIT: Ohh and in the settings of WinntbbdED i have ticked both options!

Thanx

Edited by Fascix, 26 July 2005 - 10:27 AM.

Fascix

Fascix

The Swedish Steel

• Pip
  • 94 posts
And i should point out this aswell:

in the "About" dialoug you have a link whit the name: "Microsoft Software Forum Network" and it points to here; http://unattended.msfn.org/index.htm
but it would be better if it pointed to the actuall MSFN page which is http://www.msfn.org

This one: http://unattended.msfn.org/index.htm is for the Unnatended CD/DVD guide

And the other link you have takes you to YOUR winntbbuEd post not to the front page of the forum, maby fix the link or fix the link INFO! or add a third link to the front page of the forum!!!! :)

Just some minor thoughts thats all.

Fascix

Fascix

The Swedish Steel

• Pip
  • 94 posts
in the Real Preview Notes some minor grammar corrections to be made:

Just a few thing you should know before using RealPreview:

should be

Just a few things you should know before using RealPreview:

2) Real Preview requires a change of your screen resolution,
      this takes a few seconds, and its advised to close all
      other programs that might take unwanted effect of the
      resolution change

should be

2) Real Preview requires a change of your screen resolution,
      this takes a few seconds, and its advised to close all
      other programs that might take unwanted effects of the
      resolution change

Hope you dont think i am a pain in the a**... just like your program and want to help you out.

Thanx

iceshell

iceshell
  • 6 posts
爽啊 不错啊 呵呵 THANKS啊

TheMadGuy

TheMadGuy

Junior

• Pip
  • 67 posts

Oki doki here we go:

First  launced v0.3.0

then opened up a copy of winntbbu.dll (that i have copied from my unattended winxp sp2 dir, to the WinntbbuED dir)

then i made some changes (doesent matter what kind of changes, i have the same error when i just save it over whitout have done ANY changes)

then i save it to the filename winntbbux.dll (note the X inte the end)

then i made some more changes to winntbbux.dll and try to save it again (over the already existing winntbbux.dll file)

This is where the error occurs.

Tell me if you want more info on hardware, WinXP sp2 patches i have installed, Programs i use or any other info neseccary to fix this.

EDIT: Ohh and in the settings of WinntbbdED i have ticked both options!

Thanx

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This is very weird, i have hardly tried to reproduce this error,
using different winntbbu.dll's and making no or different changes.
I just cant raise this error :(

would you be willing to run a special debug version, if so i will build one
which will produce a special .log file, since i currently have no idea why a lock
is kept open!

Besides that it would be nice if you could look at this Post and get unlocker to verify it's the editor itself keeping the lock open.

Any help is highly appreciated on this one

TheMadGuy

TheMadGuy

Junior

• Pip
  • 67 posts

And i should point out this aswell:

in the "About" dialoug you have a link whit the name: "Microsoft Software Forum Network" and it points to here; http://unattended.msfn.org/index.htm
but it would be better if it pointed to the actuall MSFN page which is http://www.msfn.org

This one: http://unattended.msfn.org/index.htm is for the Unnatended CD/DVD guide

And the other link you have takes you to YOUR winntbbuEd post not to the front page of the forum, maby fix the link or fix the link INFO! or add a third link to the front page of the forum!!!! :)

Just some minor thoughts thats all.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Noted! 'n' Changed!

Next version will be more accurate on the links :D

TheMadGuy

TheMadGuy

Junior

• Pip
  • 67 posts

Hope you dont think i am a pain in the a**... just like your program and want to help you out.

Thanx

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Dont worry i dont!

I'm am the master of typing errors, and my written english isnt the best either.
Besides that i am trying to create an app to make modders life easier, so any
input is welcome, maybe i wont be able, maybe i just dont want to realize everything thats suggested, but i at least will consider any suggestion.

And i'm happy about any help i get

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN