Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

WinntbbuED

* * * * * 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
218 replies to this topic

TheMadGuy

TheMadGuy

Junior

• Pip
  • 67 posts
btw, i havent mentioned this yet, but since the debug version is based on my in work build, you can edit the time remaining strings from the syssetup.dll if it is found, but nothing more yet.
But hey, its a start, isnt it ?

Note: DONT remove the %d from the first string, its replaced by the actual minutes when the used in setup

Edited by TheMadGuy, 17 August 2005 - 03:54 AM.

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

maxXPsoft

maxXPsoft

MSFN Master

• Developer
  • 2,880 posts
Was just a thought on the name
I guess we all holding our breath to see whats next.
Download ++> Windows 7 + 8 Unattended DVD + App Installer + Services Disabler + Load All Button + XML Creator
Jump2Reg - Registry: - Oct 4, 2013 - Version 3.0.4 - 98, ME, NT, 2K, XP, VISTA, Seven, Windows 8+ and 32 or 64 bit

XP Unattended CD/DVD creator - Version 4.1.7
Sample xml + Setupcomplete + Add Right click .wim Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1

TheMadGuy

TheMadGuy

Junior

• Pip
  • 67 posts

I guess we all holding our breath to see whats next.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi m8!

at the moment not really much, i barely have any freetime, and my main concerns are the bugs at the moment, but with such little feedback i cant
make any progress on this at all.

Hope to have more time again next month...

Kelsenellenelvian

Kelsenellenelvian

WPI Guru

• Developer
  • 8,738 posts
Why the hell isn't this a sticky yet?

leonx81

leonx81
  • 7 posts
Hi, when I run it, I've encountered such a problem:

run-time error'380':
Invalid property value.

Please help me out here, thanks in advance.

maxXPsoft

maxXPsoft

MSFN Master

• Developer
  • 2,880 posts
Usually indicates a Font Error. May not be so with this app but heres a link
http://www.kb.techkn...-234882545.html
Download ++> Windows 7 + 8 Unattended DVD + App Installer + Services Disabler + Load All Button + XML Creator
Jump2Reg - Registry: - Oct 4, 2013 - Version 3.0.4 - 98, ME, NT, 2K, XP, VISTA, Seven, Windows 8+ and 32 or 64 bit

TheMadGuy

TheMadGuy

Junior

• Pip
  • 67 posts

Why the hell isn't this a sticky yet?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:thumbup :D

TheMadGuy

TheMadGuy

Junior

• Pip
  • 67 posts

Hi, when I run it, I've encountered such a problem:

run-time error'380':
Invalid property value.

Please help me out here, thanks in advance.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi!
Can you give some more info plz ?

Like:

Dll Version
You Os Version & Language
WinnBBUEd Version

TheMadGuy

TheMadGuy

Junior

• Pip
  • 67 posts

Usually indicates a Font Error. May not be so with this app but heres a link
http://www.kb.techkn...-234882545.html

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi!

i would also think it's very likely that this is a font issue.
though i currently have no real idea from where its raised.

TheMadGuy

TheMadGuy

Junior

• Pip
  • 67 posts
Hi All!

just a short appology for my absence lately,
but in some points beyond my influence real life is keeping me very busy,
so there is no progress on the next release yet.
I hope to find more time again soon and will pick up development again asap.
Hopefully i will be checking the thread(s) more regulary again also.

maxXPsoft

maxXPsoft

MSFN Master

• Developer
  • 2,880 posts

i would also think it's very likely that this is a font issue.
though i currently have no real idea from where its raised.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yep be good to have that file he getting it with, shooting blindly in the dark without it.

n7Epsilon

n7Epsilon

Currently Learning: C#, JavaScript, PHP

• PipPip
  • 156 posts
@leonx81,
- Are you trying to edit a UPX'd WINNTBBU.DLL, as i got your exact same error when i tried to edit the pictures of my WINNTBBU.DLL (which is compressed by UPX)...?

When I load the UPX'd winntbbu.dll into winntbbu.dll it loads fine but errors when trying to save and corrupts the upx'd winntbbu.dll file..

Kalps

Kalps
  • 8 posts
Ya this is the Same Prob I m Facing , Winntbbu.dll loads succefully for me, also I can edit all the parts like Text and pictures , but wen I try to save the work it gives error like Program Created problem and Shuts down.

So What's the solution to this prob , also can it be because of BMP/picture file I m using.

Kelsenellenelvian

Kelsenellenelvian

WPI Guru

• Developer
  • 8,738 posts
So is any futher development being done??

TheMadGuy

TheMadGuy

Junior

• Pip
  • 67 posts

So is any futher development being done??

Hi!

first of all sorry for my long absence, 2nd i'm still a bit short in time, so i cant reply to all posts right now.
Had some bigger impacts to real life to handle, some bad (e.g. car accident :() some good (e.g. I'm married now :D )
So there hasnt been any time for development since the Debug Version.
But things are slowly getting back to normal and i'm expecting to be able to pick up development again within this month.

I'll be back (couldnt resist :))

Edited by TheMadGuy, 17 October 2005 - 04:58 AM.

maxXPsoft

maxXPsoft

MSFN Master

• Developer
  • 2,880 posts
Ok then 'Arnold'
Get Back then, :)

btw congrats on the marriage, guess we now have to wait till the honeymoon is over ;)

Edited by maxXPsoft, 17 October 2005 - 07:31 AM.

dr911

dr911
  • 3 posts
Do I need an XP system or can I run this on 98se OS ??

`Felix`

`Felix`

MSFN Contributor

• PipPipPip
  • 481 posts

Hi Evry1!

I'm not sure if i am too late with this, since not much happening here anymore...
But anyways, i had a little spare time and was tired of the work needed to modify texts in the winntbbu.dll, so i put together a little VB-Application.

I tried to keep it as tight as possible, so if i am not mistaken all you will need to run this are the vb6 runtimes (which, if you dont run winxp anyway, can get from ms directly).

Comments & Suggestions are very welcome

The Mad Guy

Hi Mad Guy,

Excellent little application and very, very helpful - thankyou! I have a suggestion for you - do you think you can put a similar application together to edit the loginui.exe file?

BTW i will putting a mirror in on my site this week for this tool to show my support :D
"I seek not to know all the answers, but to understand the questions."
- Kwai Chang Caine.

Want to setup your default user/all users unattended install easy? - Simplify iT - GuidesCheers,
FeLiX

sarkar1985

sarkar1985
  • 6 posts
thanks a lot dude

`Felix`

`Felix`

MSFN Contributor

• PipPipPip
  • 481 posts
is there a way to move the 5 tasks (located down the left side) down a little to allow for 2 or three lines of text with this tool?

Also i have a suggestion for the tool; It would be great if you could save your template or preferences - that way if MS do updates that effect the .dll files, then you could simply load the editor and then apply your template/preferences to the .dll's again and save. Would be very handy :thumbup

Edited by `Felix`, 12 November 2005 - 09:23 AM.

- Kwai Chang Caine.

Want to setup your default user/all users unattended install easy? - Simplify iT - GuidesCheers,
FeLiX

piXelatedEmpire

piXelatedEmpire

nLiten me, nuhi!

• PipPipPip
  • 306 posts
I see where you are coming from Felix, but what are the chances os M$ making any changes to these particular .dll's?

`Felix`

`Felix`

MSFN Contributor

• PipPipPip
  • 481 posts
well vista comes to mind :D
- Kwai Chang Caine.

FeLiX

AHRIMANSEFID

AHRIMANSEFID

Junior

• Pip
  • 94 posts

I can open the standard Winntbbu.dll on the xp installation and make modifications to my hearts content
BUT if I download anyones dll say from the Yahoo group and go
Edit -> pictures I get the following error

Runtime error '91'
object variable or with block variable not set...

is there a solution to this problem...
Thanks

me too plz help

debug no't download
thank you for software
Posted Image

LaptoniC

LaptoniC

• PipPip
  • 125 posts
I have Turkish Windows XP and your tool only shows english resources(strings,bmps....).I have opened with Reshacker and saw that for every resource there is 2 entry,one is english and other is turkish.For example

1 STRINGTABLE
LANGUAGE LANG_ENGLISH, SUBLANG_ENGLISH_US
and
STRINGTABLE
LANGUAGE LANG_TURKISH, 0x1
Is it possible to add selection of code pages.With your tool I can only edit english resources.
Posted Image
Posted Image

TheMadGuy

TheMadGuy

Junior

• Pip
  • 67 posts

Ok then 'Arnold'
Get Back then, :)

btw congrats on the marriage, guess we now have to wait till the honeymoon is over ;)

Thnx!

and now most stuff is handles and i got a bit of spare time again, and as promised i'm going to pick up development again.

Do I need an XP system or can I run this on 98se OS ??

It should run on an 98se aswell, though it's intended for the winntbbu.dll of xp only.

Hi Evry1!

I'm not sure if i am too late with this, since not much happening here anymore...
But anyways, i had a little spare time and was tired of the work needed to modify texts in the winntbbu.dll, so i put together a little VB-Application.

I tried to keep it as tight as possible, so if i am not mistaken all you will need to run this are the vb6 runtimes (which, if you dont run winxp anyway, can get from ms directly).

Comments & Suggestions are very welcome

The Mad Guy

Hi Mad Guy,

Excellent little application and very, very helpful - thankyou! I have a suggestion for you - do you think you can put a similar application together to edit the loginui.exe file?

BTW i will putting a mirror in on my site this week for this tool to show my support :D

Hi 'n' Thank ya.
afaik there are already tools that handle the loginui nicely, and i guess i could, but my limited spare time will keep me from doing so for sure, since there is rarely time to put into WinntbbuED, and i defenatly want to bring this project further again

is there a way to move the 5 tasks (located down the left side) down a little to allow for 2 or three lines of text with this tool?

Also i have a suggestion for the tool; It would be great if you could save your template or preferences - that way if MS do updates that effect the .dll files, then you could simply load the editor and then apply your template/preferences to the .dll's again and save. Would be very handy :thumbup

1.) now there isnt, the position is calculated by the dll, and actually dont know where it is calculated and i guess it wouldnt be so easy to change that calculation properly

2.) something like this is already on the to do list, but since not all major features are in yet, it has a low priority for now.

I can open the standard Winntbbu.dll on the xp installation and make modifications to my hearts content
BUT if I download anyones dll say from the Yahoo group and go
Edit -> pictures I get the following error

Runtime error '91'
object variable or with block variable not set...

is there a solution to this problem...
Thanks

me too plz help

debug no't download

can you share a problem .dll on a public place like rapidshare or so, that i am able to test, since i'm not subscribed to yahoo groups ?!

I have Turkish Windows XP and your tool only shows english resources(strings,bmps....).I have opened with Reshacker and saw that for every resource there is 2 entry,one is english and other is turkish.For example

1 STRINGTABLE
LANGUAGE LANG_ENGLISH, SUBLANG_ENGLISH_US
and
STRINGTABLE
LANGUAGE LANG_TURKISH, 0x1
Is it possible to add selection of code pages.With your tool I can only edit english resources.

Hi!

actually there is code which should select the native language if found, but as it seems it aint working properly, so could you please put your dll on a public place, so that i can test and fix the code ?!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN