WinntbbuED

didnt had you reg applied before though

KMan

Well me removing my shell.reg is like me sneeezing, been messing with the registry since it was introduced in Win95. I get the right click WinntbbuED on the .dl_ but it errors out telling me its not a valid winntbbu.dll file and then it loads his program with the program defaults, in Deutsch. I'd presume you not really editing something then.

Then I take a look at my CD copys of XP Home/Pro and 64 bit and find that only the 64 bit has that dll compressed for actual source.

I'm just telling TheMadGuy what I'm seeing so he can look at those things, Feedback is necessary to all programmers, that I KNOW. I don't know if he expands the .dl_ when you right click it and its not happening on my system.

Edited by maxXPsoft

didnt had you reg applied before though

KMan

Well me removing my shell.reg is like me sneeezing, been messing with the registry since it was introduced in Win95. I get the right click WinntbbuED on the .dl_ but it errors out telling me its not a valid winntbbu.dll file and then it loads his program with the program defaults, in Deutsch. I'd presume you not really editing something then.

Then I take a look at my CD copys of XP Home/Pro and 64 bit and find that only the 64 bit has that dll compressed for actual source.

I'm just telling TheMadGuy what I'm seeing so he can look at those things, Feedback is necessary to all programmers, that I KNOW. I don't know if he expands the .dl_ when you right click it and its not happening on my system.

Totally Agreed!

Any Feedback is good!

So, I'm reading the file's version information of the winntbbu.dll to verify its actually a valid one so it seem expanding did take place...

Can you verify that ?!

and if so, can you send me the dll, so i can check where the version info differs from the ones i test with?!

@ maxXPsoft

Sorry!

Didnt mean to be offensive in any way.

I just wanted to tell you that it works for me out of the box.

Did not want to critisize you or your registry hack in anyway,

only wanted to point out that i hadnt had that installed before testing

Sorry again if i wrote in an unlucky way!

Sincerly

KMan

That was first thing I done after I seen he had added was totally remove everything i had done. After check shows about 15 or so reg key's modded after applying his shell extension.

Thing is, do your files already have modifications done to them, i'm working with about 4 of my favorite screens including all text gone and a background inage.

I'd imagine its some files done with some methods, the cabin. They work fine for me with methods I've used from Msfn for quite awhile on my Installs. Its helpful if he can find and fix bug's like this from the beginning so this thing only grows more better. :thumbup

TheMadGuy

I also get another error when I try to save the file in same folder that I started edit from, error 70 Permission denied. There are no attribs on the file. If I make/select a different folder without a WINNTBBU.DLL in it then it works. Pressing Makecab also don't do anything. Try that file I pm'd ya with.

Edited by maxXPsoft

TheMadGuy

I also get another error when I try to save the file in same folder that I started edit from, error 70 Permission denied. There are no attribs on the file. If I make/select a different folder without a WINNTBBU.DLL in it then it works. Pressing Makecab also don't do anything. Try that file I pm'd ya with.

Mhhh,

seems theres still is a lock open on the file....

Have to look into that...

But i totally dont understand why makecab doesnt work.....

anyways, will try to figure it all out...

Ok I dropped the \ from mine and it did work so corrected above. It didn't with the .dl_ because it errors out and don't expand.

Are you saying it will set the keys itself now? with the Register option

Oh Boy!

Stupid me! :blushing:

The filename check, if it is a compressed dll, which determined by the suffix of .dl_, is case sensitive :blushing:

Shame on me....

if you rename your file from ".DL_" to ".dl_" it instantly works ....

Will fix this in the next release 4 sure!

But Saving & Cabbing works fine for me, even with your dll when in the same dir as startet with, but i'll look further into it aswell.

@maxXPsoft

Maybe you can grab Unlocker and see if there are any locks open ? This would already help!

Ok,

solved the MakeCab issue aswell,

i had assumed MakeCab would cab the file in the same dir as

the sourcefile, which isnt true, it cabs to the current path.

Now i pass a path to the call aswell, seems to be working fine now

Next release will have it working.

it cabs to the current path.

Was tring to make it so I can install with my unattend so I copy to the %SystemRoot%\system32 and run your reg with it. Guess I need to go looking in that dir :whistle: Ok thats where it was cabbed in the system32.

You said you already corrected that.

Perhaps an Installer is needed. Inno is free and better than the MS thing as it looks like you don't need any extra files for it to work.

what would the installer be used for tho maxXPsoft?

Place it somewhere on the drive and add the reg keys. I mention Inno because it can be used silently. I do Unattending so that would be helpful.

lol I can create this myself but by the time I got the Reg file worked up TheMadGuy added his own :w00t: Its up to him because i can continue doing as I do now. Copy to system32 and add the reg keys.

Edited by maxXPsoft

Hi there GREAT program you have done!!

I have a feature that i think should be added if possible.

(must admit i havent read the latest posts, but will do so)

It would be great if there was a "save" button under each image, like the background and the progress bar pics and so on so one could just save them and make the propper changes to them if one wanted to.

Like i just want to change some colors to some pictures for example then this would be a great idé

Thanx again

Hi there GREAT program you have done!!

I have a feature that i think should be added if possible.

(must admit i havent read the latest posts, but will do so)

It would be great if there was a "save" button under each image, like the background and the progress bar pics and so on so one could just save them and make the propper changes to them if one wanted to.

Like i just want to change some colors to some pictures for example then this would be a great idé

Thanx again

Hi!

Thnx!

This has already been suggested and has been added to the ToDo List,

so expect it to be added in one of the coming versions sometime.

This is a low priority Freature at the moment though. So dont expect it in the

next version yet.

But still any suggestions are welcome!