Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

WinntbbuED

* * * * * 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
218 replies to this topic

nokia999i

nokia999i

The.Freak

• Pip
  • 96 posts
When I edit my WINNTBBU.DLL and package the ISO I get an error during installation and can't coninue.....why? should the pics be of a certain size in MB or what?

Posted Image

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

ColdFusion200

ColdFusion200

Junior

• Pip
  • 85 posts

When I edit my WINNTBBU.DLL and package the ISO I get an error during installation and can't coninue.....why? should the pics be of a certain size in MB or what?

might be easier to determine what the problem is if you could tell us what the error says

nokia999i

nokia999i

The.Freak

• Pip
  • 96 posts

might be easier to determine what the problem is if you could tell us what the error says

10x for the fast reply....It gives me error 800B100 thingy Windows catalogs...bla...bla...bla....I used RyanVM' Hacks and Patches but I still don't know If i should apply them before or after I modify my WINNTBBU.DLL........Using nLite 1.3RC2 and RyanVM's Integrator and WinntbbuED v3.1 what am I doing wrong? here's a list of Add-Ons I'm Using :

Posted Image

Plzz help I have to finnish it by 2nite..........coz this is the only error I'm getting other than tht all is fine and dandy......

Here's What My XP Will Look like if and only IF I Get This **** Winntbbu.dll Error to go away :

Posted Image

Well....Now I have temporarely deleted (recyclebin) my Winntbbu.dll file and kept the Winntbbu.DL_ and will try it as soon as nLite finishes my ISO.....will tell u then....Cheers.......hehehehehehehehehe

I forgot to tell u all that I'm using windows Xp Media Center Editin 2005.....Does that change anything?

Still the same problem.....what am I doing wrong? That's the only error...I can't believe it 1 error is keeping me up 3 days straight..........grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

No thanks to you guys :realmad: :realmad: :realmad: I finally found the problem....as mentioned in earlier posts (XP Pro Not MCE) I had to put the WinntBBU.dll on the desktop then edit it....coz WinXP MCE 2005 Doesn't have a WinntBBU.DL_ only the DLL file.......and WinntbbuEDIT Creates a WinntBBU.DL_ that's what was Fu**ing the whole thing up......man I had to browse through 100s of forums to find it....well it ain't all bad i sure learned a thing or two here.......

And this forum sure is a saviour..........I Love yous guys........Keep up the good work ;) I will never 4get this forum it' #1 in my bookmarks in my most valued browser ever !!!! OPERA v9.20 !!!!

Keep it up!!!!!!

Attached Files

Posted Image

nokia999i

nokia999i

The.Freak

• Pip
  • 96 posts
Now I have other errors to fix.....I hope I can finish it by next week coz it's a project I came up with for my team....I wanna teach them how to customize their XP installation....hehehehehehehe

Posted Image

Kingskawn

Kingskawn

Kingskawn

• PipPip
  • 134 posts
Hi

I want to change my install screen but how to use this program? Do I have to use it before the creation of the image (iso) or in the image?

Is there a simpler method to use than this one?

X1pheR

X1pheR
  • 6 posts
This looks like an excellent program!!! only I can't use it :(
I installed it along with VB6 runtime (SP6 something) and also MODIFYPE.EXE in System32 in case it was needed.
Only thing is that when I open a random WINNTBBU.DL_ from the other topic where every posts them it can't open.
I get an error window with title "Loading aborted" and the message "Expanding the File ... has failed. Can't continue!".
So I tried opening the original file from the CD and this one does open. Only when I edit it and attempt to save it, it won't save. It doesn't give an error only when I look at the location where it was supposed to be saved there will be no file what so ever.
What is wrong? Can anyone help? Tried this on 2 machines, Win XP SP2 and Windows 2003 SP1.

X1pheR

X1pheR
  • 6 posts
Anyone who can tell me how I can open/edit/make billboard setups with this program?

all.web

all.web
  • 1 posts
Thanx

mistakiula

mistakiula
  • 2 posts
I went across this error when trying to use the program
http://img248.images...uederrorhc9.jpg
Windows XP Home Edition / SP1

It happened when I try to open the WINNTBBU file from the I386 directory.

I installed it along with VB6 runtime (SP6 something) and also MODIFYPE.EXE in System32 in case it was needed.
Only thing is that when I open a random WINNTBBU.DL_ from the other topic where every posts them it can't open.
I get an error window with title "Loading aborted" and the message "Expanding the File ... has failed. Can't continue!".
So I tried opening the original file from the CD and this one does open. Only when I edit it and attempt to save it, it won't save. It doesn't give an error only when I look at the location where it was supposed to be saved there will be no file what so ever.
What is wrong? Can anyone help? Tried this on 2 machines, Win XP SP2 and Windows 2003 SP1.

Similar problem as above.

Edited by mistakiula, 14 March 2007 - 12:59 AM.

mazin

mazin

MSFN Addict

• MSFN Sponsor
  • 1,952 posts
1- Extract WINNTBBU.DLL from WINNTBBU.DL_. A simple way is to rename WINNTBBU.DL_ to WINNTBBU.cab, then use WinZip to extract WINNTBBU.DLL from WINNTBBU.cab.

2- Use ResourceHacker (or whatever) to change graphics/text in WINNTBBU.DLL.

3- Use WinntbbuED to view/review your work and to change text colors to your liking.

4- Use MODIFYPE.EXE to check your new WINNTBBU.DLL.

5- Re-cab your final WINNTBBU.DLL to WINNTBBU.DL_ again.

HTH
Posted Image

mistakiula

mistakiula
  • 2 posts
Thank you.

zizo_abdelgawad

zizo_abdelgawad
  • 1 posts
شكرا لهذا المجهود المحدود

piXelatedEmpire

piXelatedEmpire

nLiten me, nuhi!

• PipPipPip
  • 306 posts
in English please?

Kiki Burgh

Kiki Burgh

MSFN Expert

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,426 posts
hi! i tried this very recently ... i felt great to be able to change setup screens :) however, 2 things i noticed: (1) Billboards don't show when XPize is slipstreamed; (2) "Finalizing Installation" is not in Bold like the others ... here are some inquiries: (1) would the font for "Setup will complete in approximately: xx minutes" be changeable too? would it's text depend on syssetup.dll for it to be ready for editing? ... (2) i didn't change the resolution of the bitmap i used ... & it seemed to work ... do still i need to change it to lower resolution (640x480 or 800x600)? ... lastly i just need to confirm: after processing the file(s) with this nice little app, i just have to replace the i386 files with these, right (uncompressed winntbbu.dll & compressed syssetup.dl_)? thanks! :)
Posted Image

Kiki Burgh

Kiki Burgh

MSFN Expert

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,426 posts
hi! is TheMadGuy still active in this forum? just asking ... ;)
Posted Image

Kelsenellenelvian

Kelsenellenelvian

WPI Guru

• Developer
  • 8,768 posts
No, my pics resolution is 1024x768 and it shows fine.
Yes just copy the files to your source AFTER XPize'ing.
Nope haven't seen him forever!!!

Kiki Burgh

Kiki Burgh

MSFN Expert

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,426 posts
ey Kel! thanks for the confirmation ... already found out the ans to my Qs due to experiments (as sadly i had to create my build earlier than any reply could be posted :( ) ... no harm though ... perhaps, interest on this side of the forum has waned a little ... ;) ... posted a resolution to my similar inquiry here ... a sample of what i did here ... thanks again Kel!
Posted Image

RBCC

RBCC

• PipPipPipPip
  • 634 posts
does this work in windows 2003 server to modify its files? I am running Winxp ON MY Laptop and this program. However when I try to use this to modify its file it doesn't work. do I have to do it by hand? John :whistle: :angry:

tj_rules

tj_rules
  • 2 posts
any english versions guys
thanx
sachin

ownboss

ownboss
  • 4 posts
Thnx for this great application!

aztec

aztec

Junior

• Pip
  • 66 posts
Great tool, just one question, once you changed the background, how do you save it to replace the original??
tia

Edited by aztec, 10 December 2007 - 11:18 AM.

mara-

mara-

Office Integrator Developer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,179 posts
File -> Save (do not use Save As)

Cheers ;)

aztec

aztec

Junior

• Pip
  • 66 posts
thank alot mara.
got it.

X1pheR

X1pheR
  • 6 posts
The program works fine only when I try to open packed .DL_ files it gives an error. It cannot expand them.
However if I use windows its own expand.exe they can be upacked just fine. Anyone else experienced this? And how to resolve?

danker

danker

• PipPip
  • 116 posts
Just expand it by your self! ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN