Slipstream .net framework

kentk

Hi all !

Please dont be mad at me !, I have tried to search for the answer, we all have been beginners :)

What I need help with is how to slipstream the latest .net framework into the XP cd.

I have used nlite a bit..

Can someone please help me ? :hello:

As far as i know it's not possible to directly slipstream .NET Framework into a windows share. What (i think) most of us do is install it silently along with a unattended windows.

Here u can find a switchless installer for .NET and a couple of other nice goodies, for example the ryanvm post sp2 update pack.

You can then install it with a simple command in your RunOnceEx, for example:

REG ADD %KEY%\054 /VE /D "NET Framework 1.1 sp1" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\054 /V 1 /D "%CDROM%\Software\NetFramework1.1\netfxsp1.exe" /f

Thanks SINNuT, one step forward :D

But I need more help, is there some kind of guide ?

I have looked at MSFN unattended guide but they dont explain in a understanding way, look here:

->In this section, we'll be showing you how you can install applications silently without user interaction.

Each page will show you the necessary batch commands you will need to use. You will need to add these commands to your own batch file which will run from [GuiRunOnce]. You can see how I've done mine by looking at start.cmd in the Examples page.

I mean for instance , where should I use the batch commands ?

Ok, I understand that I should alter files (it looks like the runonceex is best?) but where do I find this file ?? is it on the xp cd ???

What about the cleanup file ? should I use that ? where is it found ? where should I place it ?

Many questions there, hope someone can take their time to answer :)

I tried to download the .net switchless installer at ryan´s but why does it say on ryan´s side that the .net file is 11MB when it is only 262Kb ?? ( http://ryanvm.msfn.org/ )

Edited by kentk

honestly, if you have this many questions, it may benefit you to create a brand new unattended CD from scratch, and follow the guide @ http://unattended.msfn.org

Even if you know bits and pieces, it's good to do the whole thing as you would learn exactly where to put everything, and the other finer details. Because there's an entire guide, you'll find very few members willing to explain it all to you when Alanoll (and others) have done such an excellent job already.

good luck

Edited by rendrag

I had asked the same question a while back. luckly someone (Lolly) had wanted to do this as well, Lolly gave me the link to the best guide ive seen so far.Here, scroooll down till you see the first post made by jpeshek. follow the steps completely (its easier untill you get the hang of it). Make shure you have som kind of SFX creater like WinRaR or 7-Zip.

Always use (_) and not (space) when making files and dir, it will make or brake your projects.

****Edited****

Gave credit were due

Fixed minior spelling errors

****Ediited****

Edited by Commander X800

• 2 weeks later...