Does your XP starts in secs. or min.?(help)

IceCold0

It takes me one minute aproximately here. I have an older homebuilt system and it boots faster and runs way faster than Win 98 original, tweaked to the max ever did.

AMD K6-2, 400

256mb pc 100 RAM

IBM 10gig HDD

Soundblaster Live

Diamond 8mb AGP video

Iomega 100 IDE Zip

Yamaha CRW8424 IDE CD-RW

Teac FDD

Generic CD-Rom

Programs loaded at start up: XP Pro, of course

AVP/KAV

ZA Pro 2.6.357

GetRight4.5

Cable Modem Internet access (NIC-3 Com)

Several XP Services disabled and inessential ones set to manual.

I am happy with the boot and shutdown times, considering the speed of the processor and stability has been amazing. I have applied speed tweaks to the Internet connection and lots of other tweaks discussed here and elsewhere. I am thrilled with this OS and now that Roxio has gotten their act together my XPerience is complete!!!!!!!

I run a Pent III 1GHZ overclocked @ 1250. Now the old saying goes for upgrading, [b:74dc9055d4]If you cant double your performance Dont upgrade[/b:74dc9055d4].....But you have to understand upgrading your CPU is not what makes a fast and stable computer. You have to look at your ram. What kind of ram do you have? Is it cas 2, 3? What speed can you overclock it at....pc133, pc150? It alot more than just your cpu.

-XPerties

Mine used to boot in 30 seconds, reduced to 20 using BootVis, computer is also set to automatically obtain an IP address (to play LAN games) Most apps don't work until its obtained an IP, so that takes a minute or two.

• 1 month later...

My Build 2600 Corporate edition boots up in 5 seconds.

[/quote:b0b6b55725]

Are you kidding?!!!!

I have a fast 1.3Ghz Athlon with 512 DDR RAM, and it takes 20-25 secs to boot up.

Where is the start point and finish point you count from?

[i:6ad33d30d0]Originally posted by XP dOgg[/i:6ad33d30d0]

[b:6ad33d30d0]My Build 2600 Corporate edition boots up in 5 seconds[/b:6ad33d30d0] [/quote:6ad33d30d0]

Damm!!! ..... man Im running a P4 1.6 gig and mine still takes about 40secs

I can go downstairs and pour a drink by the time the login screen comes up!!!!!!