Integration of nvRaid drivers into XPx64 and W2k3x64

Fernando 1

New to this forum. Two comments.

1) Many thanks to Fernando 1. His nLite 1.0beta4 method for loading nforce SATA raid drivers worked the first time. I am using a gigabyte GA-K8N Pro-SLI mainboard, two new Samsung 160 mb SATA drives in a RAID 0 setup. Latest BIOS (F4) installed. This worked using MS Server 2003 x64 (trial version from MS website). Without Fernando 1's method (given at the top of this thread), I got endless reboots after installation of the OS in a SATA raid 0 setup. Would be happy to give any other details anyone wants.

2) The installation was not quite flawless. I could boot up easily and completely and had a functioning installation but I wound up without a funtioning copy of IE after installation. I think this was probably due to the inadvertant removal of some OS component as I have never used nLite before. Small possibility that something about the beta4 version was involved. It was quicker to simply reload the full version over the initial install than it was to fix the problem and create the perfect nlite ISO. I plan to try this later when I have time.

tbart

1)  Many thanks to Fernando 1.  His nLite 1.0beta4 method for loading nforce SATA raid drivers worked the first time.  I am using a gigabyte GA-K8N Pro-SLI mainboard, two new Samsung 160 mb SATA drives in a RAID 0 setup.  Latest BIOS (F4) installed.  This worked using MS Server 2003 x64 (trial version from MS website).  Without Fernando 1's method (given at the top of this thread), I got endless reboots after installation of the OS in a SATA raid 0 setup.  Would be happy to give any other details anyone wants.

Thank you for posting these details. It might encourage other users with similar hardware to install XPX64 or W2k3X64 by using nLite.

2)  The installation was not quite flawless.  I could boot up easily and completely and had a functioning installation but I wound up without a funtioning copy of IE after installation.

This might be an issue within nLite Beta4.

Try the following: Boot into W2k3x64, put the original CD (not the nLited one) into your cd player, open start > run and edit the following:

sfc/scannow

Good luck!

Fernando

Right I'm merrily making coasters here :realmad:

Okay, the nForce 3 drivers dont contain the same file name sceme the NF4 drivers do. I've created a slipstream disk (under your instructions) for the NF3 disk - didn't work.

I tried to take the 64bit PATA-RAID drivers from the NF4 driver set and replace that with the drivers from the NF3 set and recreate the disk - Just going through reboot cycles.

This is what I'm doing:

Put the 64bit drivers as textmode

install various other drivers as realmode

Perform various tweaks using Nlite

Do the custom manual modifications mentioned by Fernando

Burn the disk and test. It usually finishees the setup phase and gets stuck in the all to unambiguous reboot phase..

Has anyone tried this with NF3, what I doing anything wrong?

side note: Thanks Fernando for all your help, you're welcome to put my link into your main post if you wish.

Okay, the nForce 3 drivers dont contain the same file name sceme the NF4 drivers do. I've created a slipstream disk (under your instructions) for the NF3 disk - didn't work.

Has anyone tried this with NF3, what I doing anything wrong?

Look here:

It is reported, that users with nForce3 mainboards and Sata Raid systems should do the following, before they integrate the Sata Raid drivers: open the file txtsetup.oem from the folder SATARAID with the editor, go to the section [Files.scsi.BUSDRV] and replace the name nvraid.inf by the name nvatabus.inf).

Good luck!

Fernando

I'm not 100% with you as... (sorry for being a touch simple)

There's no txtsetup.oem file in the IDE folder (I dont even have a SATA RAID folder?!).

I can do the required modifications once I've created my slipstreamed image but not before. Is that how I should go about it?

Do the following:

1. Take the nForce package 6.66 for WinXPx64 (yes, you can use these drivers for nForce3 systems!)

2. Open the subfolder SATARAID within the path IDE\WinXP.

3. Open the file txtsetup.oem with the editor, go to the section [Files.scsi.BUSDRV] and replace the name nvrdx64.inf by the name nvatax64.inf

4. Store and close the changed file.

5. Now begin to work with nLite

6. Integrate the folder SATARAID from the package 6.66 as TEXTMODE drivers (both drivers which are presented by nLite, should be integrated).

7. Then integrate the other needed nForce3 drivers (SMBus, LAN, Gart etc.), but you have to take these drivers from the package 6.25!

The rest can be done as I explained in the first post of this thread.

If you have any trouble or if something is not clear, please ask. I will try to help you.

Good luck!

Fernando

Edited by Fernando 1

I'm not 100% with you as... (sorry for being a touch simple)

There's no txtsetup.oem file in the IDE folder (I dont even have a SATA RAID folder?!).

I can do the required modifications once I've created my slipstreamed image but not before. Is that how I should go about it?

Do the following:

1. Take the nForce package 6.66 for WinXPx64 (yes, you can use these drivers for nForce3 systems!)

2. Open the subfolder SATARAID within the path IDE\WinXP.

3. Open the file txtsetup.oem with the editor, go to the section [Files.scsi.BUSDRV] and replace the name nvrdx64.inf by the name nvatax64.inf

4. Store and close the changed file.

5. Now begin to work with nLite

6. Integrate the folder SATARAID from the package 6.66 as TEXTMODE drivers (both drivers which are presented by nLite, should be integrated).

7. Then integrate the other needed nForce3 drivers (SMBus, LAN, Gart etc.), but you have to take these drivers from the package 6.25!

The rest can be done as I explained in the first post of this thread.

If you have any trouble or if something is not clear, please ask. I will try to help you.

Good luck!

Fernando

Thanks very much, do the instructions stay the same whehter or not you are using PATA or SATA?

Just to reiterate: I'm using a PATA RAID 0 system.

Looking at the TXTOEMsetup file within the PATA folder, all the changes have already been made...

Edited by TeamMCS

Thanks very much, do the instructions stay the same whehter or not you are using PATA or SATA?

Looking at the TXTOEMsetup file within the PATA folder, all the changes have already been made...

I did not know, that you have a PataRaid system.

In this case take the PATARAID subfolder.

As the changes within the txtsetup.oem file were only reported for SataRaid owners, I would propose to let the txtsetup.oem file as it was. So reverse the changes you have made within this file.

I did not know, that you have a PataRaid system.

In this case take the PATARAID subfolder.

As the changes within the txtsetup.oem file were only reported for SataRaid owners, I would propose to let the txtsetup.oem file as it was. So reverse the changes you have made within this file.

hmm, I've already created an Nforce 4 (raid driver) + nforce 3 slipstream disk and it just got stuck in a reboot phase... I'll give it another go and get back to you..

On a related note: Did anyone else using PATA on NF3 see the same problem, could there be a service or driver that I'm installing which could be screwing this up?

On a related note: Did anyone else using PATA on NF3 see the same problem, could there be a service or driver that I'm installing which could be screwing this up?

There will not be so many people with exactly your system trying to install XP x64.

Try it again with the manipulated textsetup.oem file. Maybe this will work.

I finally gave up on this idea, its just not working. I've gone through an arm load of CDs trying various variations but alas..

I can understand your reaction. It is really frustrating to spend such a long time and at least to be unable to install a correct working OS.

But there is a reason to be optimistic. In the very next future, maybe within the next days, we will get a new version of nLite´with

- full XPx64 support and

- full integration of the nVSataRaid drivers (no "handmade" changes necessary).

Pay attention to this forum within the next days!

CU

Fernando

@ TeamMCS:

The problem for you is to find the best driver combination and TXTSETUP.OEM entries to let the system correctly identify your PataRaid system within the first (TEXTMODE) part of the installation.

If you have a floppy disk drive, you don't need to create and burn a lot of CD's.

Just start booting with your original XPx64 CD and try to integrate different driver combinations via F6 method. When your Raid0 array has been correctly detected (as 1 hard disk drive), then you have gotten the right driver combination suitable for the integration of these drivers into a bootable XP x64 CD by nLite.

Edited by Fernando 1

Important information for all users, who want to integrate the nForce Sata/Raid drivers into a bootable XP x64 CD by using nLite:

There is no need any more to take the nLite version Beta4, which had an issue with the installation of the Internet Explorer (32-Bit and 64-Bit).

I found an easy method to integrate the nVRaid drivers by using nLite Beta5.

Look into the first post of this thread!

Cu

Fernando

Edited by Fernando 1