Integration of nvRaid drivers into XPx64 and W2k3x64

Fernando 1

yea no luck, low level format did not help, then i tried filling both disks with zeros, (seagate tools sugestion) nothing, same endless reboot. i wish i knew what to do, well im gonna try ever combination of the drivers i find online, let me know if you have any ideas.
Are you sure, that you have an actual Raid BIOS (v. 4.84)? Look at the second boot display!

Did you use the actual version of nLite (v. 1.0 RC4)?

Do you have a Creative soundcard? (if yes, disable it within your BIOS during the install of XP x64)?

If you answered "yes" to the first 2 questions and "no" the the last, I suggest to start with the installation of the 32-bit version of Windows XP according to this post:

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?s=&sho...ndpost&p=356029

Choose a size of 15-25 GB for Windows XP, then you have still enough space for Windows XPx64 and your other datas.

Reasons:

1. Windows XP is not as demanding as Windows XPx64 concerning the hardware and the correct drivers.

2. If you have a running OS on your Raid array, it is easier to detect your problem with XPx64.

3. As you will see, there is still a lack of drivers and applications running perfectly on a 64-bit system. In this case you can switch to Windows XP via bootmanager (dual boot system).

After you have got a perfectly running Windows XP on your pc, you can start again with the installation of XP x64 (on the second partition D, choose 20-30 GB as size).

Please post again, when you have any news (good or bad ones). Don't give up! We will get even XPx64 installed on your Raid array!

Good luck!

Fernando

EDIT 1:

yup, tried it, still the same thing, is there any way i can view that blue screen? also when i try to start in safe mode it stops and restars when it gets to: "acpitabl.dat" ? what is this file? well im just going to have to keep trying stuff, im getting really really frustrated, i cant figure out what im doing wrong
You can prevent the automatic restart, when you press F8 during booting. There is an option called "disable automatic restart on system failure".

The file ACPITABL.DAT is important to set the power management of you computer. ACPI should be enabled (within your BIOS and within the nLite setting "Computer type" you have to leave it as "automatic" or to choose "ACPI enabled").

By the way, did you try to install XPx64 with the SataRaid drivers off the package 6.25?

EDIT 2: It's 4 o'clock in the morning in Germany now!

Edited by Fernando 1

yea i think i have tried every combination of the drivers possible! ok ill try that, thanks for sticking with me ;)

Mike

Have you seen my Edit one post above? I forgot to answer your first question.

Good night!

Fernando

yes thanks, im going to try the dual boot, sorry to keep you up, ill see what i can do right now and ill let you know in a coupple of hours

thanks

Mike Olsen

ok i updated it to 4.81 (the lastest i could find for my shuttle) and im gonna try again, do you think i need 4.84?
You might need it, if you want to install the native 64-bit SataRaid drivers (from the nForce package v. 6.66 and higher).

By the way: You have taken the SataRaid drivers off the 64-bit package v. 6.66 unless I have recommended to take the package v. 6.67 (see post No 1 of this thread). If you have read all sites and posts of this thread, you should have realized, that I keep my guide layed down in post No 1 always up-to-date.

another quick question, if my chipset is nForce3 250 Gb, does the 250 GB mean anything, is that the max it can read? just wondering
I don't know.

AFAIK there have been different types of nForce3 chipsets. Only nForce3 250 supports a 64-bit OS.

ok i updated it to 4.81 (the lastest i could find for my shuttle) and im gonna try again, do you think i need 4.84?
You might need it, if you want to install the native 64-bit SataRaid drivers (from the nForce package v. 6.66 and higher).

By the way: You have taken the SataRaid drivers off the 64-bit package v. 6.66 unless I have recommended to take the package v. 6.67 (see post No 1 of this thread). If you have read all sites and posts of this thread, you should have realized, that I keep my guide layed down in post No 1 always up-to-date.

another quick question, if my chipset is nForce3 250 Gb, does the 250 GB mean anything, is that the max it can read? just wondering
I don't know.

AFAIK there have been different types of nForce3 chipsets. Only nForce3 250 supports a 64-bit OS.

well on your first post you said only if you have nforce 4, and for nforce 3 take the 6.25, should i use the 6.67?

Mike

well on your first post you said only if you have nforce 4, and for nforce 3 take the 6.25, should i use the 6.67?
You should use the 6.25 to be on the safe side, but you can try the 6.67 (take only the SataRaid drivers!), because this package contains much better (=native 64-bit) SataRaid drivers for nForce3 250 chipsets too. AFAIK even for nForce3 chipsets you don't need to edit the TXTSETUP.OEM, if you take the 6.67 (unlike 6.66).

EDIT:

oh my god

:whistle: Raid BIOS (v. 4.60) let me see if i can fix that and see if it works

This misery is probably the reason for all your problems.

On the Shuttle homepage I found these informations about the released BIOS versions for the Shuttle SN95G5v3 (don't know if you have v2 or v3):

BIOS Revision History:

Name: SN95S307 Date: 2005/02/17 Remarks: Initial release.

Name: SN95S309 Date: 2005/03/24 Remarks: 1. Added Cool'n'Quite support for Rev.E CPU, 2. Support x64 driver .

Name: SN95S3X3 Date: 2005/06/09 Remarks: 1. Update Cool'n'Quite Table, 2. Support Dual Code CPU.

Name: SN95S3X7 Date: 2005/06/28 Remarks: 1. Update Cool'n'Quite Table, 2. Support nVIDIA nTune utility.

Name: SN95S3X8 Date: 2005/09/21 Remarks: Support Cool'n'Quiet function for Athlon X2 3800+ CPU

Name: SN95S3X9 Date: 2005/10/14 Remarks: Update CPU microcode

Name: SN95S3XA Date: 2005/12/13 Remarks: Update Athlon X2 CPU code.

That testifies, that the first Shuttle BIOS, that supports x64 drivers, was the one from 24th march 2005. Maybe you had an earlier one.

Did you now flash the newest BIOS from December 2005 or do you have another mainboard type, which requires other BIOS files?

CU

Fernando

Edited by Fernando 1

yes i have the SN95G5v3 and i flashed it with the lastest off their website file sn95s3xa.bin, realesed 2005/12/16 but it still dosnt say 4.84, it says 4.81. after the update i tried the install with the 6.25 last night, nothing, so right now im going to try the 6.67, or should i try thr 6.66 and change the file?

thanks!

Mike

EDIT

SHould i still take the rest of the drivers out of 6.25 everytime(i have) but maybe one of them keeps causing the crash, just wondering....

Mike

Edited by fairchild118

yes i have the SN95G5v3 and i flashed it with the lastest off their website file sn95s3xa.bin, realesed 2005/12/16 but it still dosnt say 4.84, it says 4.81. after the update i tried the install with the 6.25 last night, nothing
What means "nothing"? What happened? What sort of BSOD message did you get at what point of the install? Did you try the install with floppy (F6)? The 6.25 drivers should work by using the F6/floppy method too.
so right now im going to try the 6.67, or should i try thr 6.66 and change the file?
Try the 6.67 (LEGACY subfolder without any changes).

Good luck!

Fernando

EDIT:

SHould i still take the rest of the drivers out of 6.25 everytime(i have) but maybe one of them keeps causing the crash, just wondering....
Take just the SataRaid drivers and nothing else until we solved the problem with these drivers! Edited by Fernando 1

What means "nothing"? What happened? What sort of BSOD message did you get at what point of the install? Did you try the install with floppy (F6)? The 6.25 drivers should work by using the F6/floppy method too.
Sorry i should have been more clear, it installed , first part, then went to the GUI intall, then when it tried to reboot to start windows for the first time, i can see the Windows XP x64 screen for not even a second and then it reboots, that was with just the 6.25 drivers integrated with nLite
Try the 6.67 (LEGACY subfolder without any changes).

ok i will

one quick question im new to nLite, is their anyway you can make a preset or somthing and send it to me, i have followed you instruction and i dont think nLite is the problem but maybe im not using it right

thanks

Mike

Sorry i should have been more clear, it installed , first part, then went to the GUI intall, then when it tried to reboot to start windows for the first time, i can see the Windows XP x64 screen for not even a second and then it reboots, that was with just the 6.25 drivers integrated with nLite
I told you what to do to see the error message. What sort iof message did you get?
ok i will

one quick question im new to nLite, is their anyway you can make a preset or somthing and send it to me, i have followed you instruction and i dont think nLite is the problem but maybe im not using it right

Do the following:

1. Create a new folder on your desktop and call it XPx64 (as example).

2. Copy the whole content of your original XPx64 CD into the just created folder.

3. Start nLite 1.0 RC4 (requires .NET Framework 2.0) and point at your just created folder.

4. Go forward until you get the big buttons with the different tasks.

5. Just choose "Integrate Drivers", "Unattended Setup" and "Create a bootable ISO".

6. Within the section "Integrate Drivers" just integrate the LEGACY subfolder of the 6.67 package as textmode drivers. nLite says, that 2 drivers are required - take them both by just clicking OK.

7. Within the section "Unattended Setup" on the "Information" side remove the check on OemPreinstall and choose "DefaultHide" as Unattended Mode. Within the "General" side just let the "Computer Type" as "automatic" and put your Cd key into the fields.

8. After the end of the processing and the creation of the ISO file burn it as bootable image with Nero.

If this install fails try the following:

1. Recall nLite and point it again to your just nLited folder XPx64.

2. This time choose only "Remove Components" and "Create a bootable ISO".

3. Whihin the section "Remove Components" cancel the Compatability list and then open the part "Hardware Support". Remove all IDE Bus drivers (there are 5 of them) by clicking onto the small window in front of them.

4. After the processing of nLite create a new ISO file and burn it as bootable image.

Good luck!

Fernando

WARNING: THIS NIGHT I WANT TO GO TO BED EARLY AND I WON'T STAND UP AT 03.30 am! :no:

WARNING: THIS NIGHT I WANT TO GO TO BED EARLY AND I WON'T STAND UP AT 03.30 am!
thanks dude i really appreciate it
I told you what to do to see the error message. What sort iof message did you get?

its the same one, i wish i wrote it down but somthing about disk corruption, maybe a virus and no disk termination, if i get it again ill try to screen shot it and post it

ok ill try both of these methods, one mistake i know i was making was....

7. Within the section "Unattended Setup" on the "Information" side remove the check on OemPreinstall and choose "DefaultHide" as Unattended Mode. Within the "General" side just let the "Computer Type" as "automatic" and put your Cd key into the fields.

i will have to try this one out, all i was doing was integrating drivers

i will let you know before it gets too late, if not you can answer back when im in bed :rolleyes:

p.s. i think i can install windows xp in my sleep i must have done it over 50 times

Mike