Hide Partition Utility

brian873

Hi,

Can anyone recommend a utility that can be used from the command line as part of a batch file that can show and hide partitions ?

I would like to do the following

Unhide/show a partition

Copy data to it

hide the partition from the user again.

thanks

I know TweakUI has the ability to hide certain drive letters from showing up in My Computer (I'm not too sure about elsewhere).

If it hides all references to the partition, you could use regshot and find what changes it makes and then apply those in your batch file.

Encrypted magic folders is also another great one, you have to run it inside windows. but it works great. it makes everything and anything disapear from windows has a big warning about hiding system files, you put a master password so that no one but you can hide files and then you make a backup "Master Key" floppy disk that allows you to unlock all your files in case of a forgotten password, this program can be found here its free for the first 30days then I think its something like $10 for a key that will allow you to use it until you don't need it anymore, I use it all the time and it works great.

-D-

Normally i use PQBoot.exe from Partition Magic. It can view hidden partitions and swaps among the hidden partitions with a simple DOS batch. BUT 1 thing is, the computer will be rebooted after i swapped the partition.