How to convert 5 x ISO to 1 DVD Please Help

Hi, Currently have a very large PC game which is spread out across 5 CD's, what I want to know is, is there any way I can copy these 5 CD's to 1 DVD to make it more convenient to instal the game without haveing to change the disc every 5 mins.

Copy contents of all cds in one folder start cd1 onwards. Take care that you don't mess with the root structure of the cd1, which is generally the setup cd in all cases. There may be a few folders which are common in all the folders and these require to be overwritten and windows would ask you do so, in that case overwrite.

It would be better to rewrite the contents on a RW DVD and check fully the installation before finalising.

See if the cds are not copyrighted!

What game is it? I've had luck doing that with a few games such as Farcry (though I still needed the original CD1 to play) and Painkiller Gold Edition. Knowing the name might make it easier to tell you if it's possible. Btw, this would probably have been better asked under the Software Hangout forum, isntead of the x64 Windows forum. :)

Edited by Jito463

HI, The game is FarCry I understand that I will still need CD 1 (play disc) to run the game, but at least it will save me having to change the cd every 5 mins when I instal it, it will also preserve the discs if I dont use them from scratches etc.

Also I did post it in the Gamers forum hangout but nobody replied, I dont think they are that technical in that forum :lol:

I havent yet tried setting it up to one DVD yet, but what I can gather you are saying is all I have to do is copy all the files on all the discs to 1 folder on the desktop for instance and then write them to a DVD-RW disc. Also what do I do with all the Autorun files, do I need to rename them or overwrite the one in the destination that I a copying to, I only ask this as each of the 5 CD's has its own Autorun file.

Edited by Seanie's Show

You could do as clavicle said, for your main Q...

As for the autoruns, just retain the autorun of your CD1 alone. The autorun.inf files that come on the rest of the CDs are not needed, now that you (are going to) have it all on one single DVD.

• 3 weeks later...

prathapml, the Farcry CD's have protection...so you better make CD images to each cd and then put all images on a dvd. :whistle:

After that, use DaemonTools to load the CD images...

P.S Or, at least, if you want to put everything in one folder, make a CD image of the play disc....