Integration of NVIDIA's nForce RAID and AHCI drivers

Fernando 1

During the driver integration stage , I get the following message:

"D-Object reference not set to an instance of an object"

Which nLite version did you use?

Hi ,

Firstly, thanks for the quick reply. When I tried this operation , I was using Nlite version 1.0 RC2

Cheers,

Caspanis

As long as I try to integrate the nForce SataRaid drivers I have never seen such a message.

Within German nLite Forum some users had posted the same thing and the answer was, that it was an issue in earlier nLite versions and should have been gone with RC1.

After having googled I found this discussion about the message you got:

http://www.webdeveloper.com/forum/archive/...hp/t-24691.html

Have you done any changes within TXTSETUP.OEM, TXTSETUP.SIF or WINNT.SIF?

Did you integrate just the content of the LEGACY subfolder as textmode driver or did you something else?

As long as I try to integrate the nForce SataRaid drivers I have never seen such a message.

Within German nLite Forum some users had posted the same thing and the answer was, that it was an issue in earlier nLite versions and should have been gone with RC1.

After having googled I found this discussion about the message you got:

http://www.webdeveloper.com/forum/archive/...hp/t-24691.html

Have you done any changes within TXTSETUP.OEM, TXTSETUP.SIF or WINNT.SIF?

Did you integrate just the content of the LEGACY subfolder as textmode driver or did you something else?

Fernando 1,

I also found that at a German nLite forum , possibly itsthe same post.

I have made no changes within TXTSETUP.OEM, TXTSETUP.SIF or WINNT.SIF. All activity is detailed in the paragraph below.

It is curious that you should say this because this occurs when I integrate just the legacy folder as textmode driver only , but after completion , when I try to do install the error of not finding a hard disk comes up then the only option now is to exit with F3 key.

Noticing this I tried integrating the contents of the "sataraid" folder as well as the legacy folder in the hope that the install would be successfull. In all cases the same error occurs during the integration process.

As a additional question do I need to integrate any other folder in the IDE directory other than the "legacy" folder ?

Also after completion , there is a summary screen that details the size of various components at the bottom. In this area I see : Drivers 0.0 MB . I suspect it means that no drivers have been successfully integrated , am I correct ?

Looking forward to your continued help.

Cheers,

Caspanis

Noticing this I tried integrating the contents of the "sataraid" folder as well as the legacy folder in the hope that the install would be successfull. In all cases the same error occurs during the integration process.
If I would not have seen the other new thread in this forum, I would have been helpless.

I just have successfully created a Windows XP CD with integrated nVRaid drivers from the package 6.70 by using nLite 1.0 RC2. What might have been important is, that I have removed all Bus IDE Drivers within the section "Hardware Support".

As a additional question do I need to integrate any other folder in the IDE directory other than the "legacy" folder ?
No!
Also after completion , there is a summary screen that details the size of various components at the bottom. In this area I see : Drivers 0.0 MB . I suspect it means that no drivers have been successfully integrated , am I correct ?
Yes, that is really very suspect.

EDIT: Maybe it is worth to mention, that I already use .NETFramework v. 2.0.

Edited by Fernando 1

Hi All,

Just tried to make CD again with the new nLite and it worked without a hitch ! I tried just the SATA RAID drivers with SP2 slipstream. I will now try to integrate other drivers !

P.S. I haven't actually tried an install yet but I am hopeful.

Thanks for all the help !

Cheers,

Caspanis

Hi All,

INstallation Failed After installer said "Starting Windows ..." I got the BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH with the message : "SESSION3_INITIALIZATION_FAILED"

Don't know what to make of this.

Once again , please help.

Best Regards,

Caspanis

Just tried to make CD again with the new nLite and it worked without a hitch ! I tried just the SATA RAID drivers with SP2 slipstream. I will now try to integrate other drivers !
That is a good message!

Anyhow I would like to know the following:

Which driver package version and which subfolder did you take?

Did you copy any file into that folder before you integrated the driver?

INstallation Failed After installer said "Starting Windows ..." I got the BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH with the message : "SESSION3_INITIALIZATION_FAILED"
I have never seen such message.

What did you change?

My suggestion: Burn a new CD from the Image and lower the burning speed.

Thank you for your help and the download link for your special driver mix, unless I don't think, that the missing WHQL certificate of the NVATABUS.SYS is the reason for Mekrel's problem. My system (nForce4+2xSata2 as Raid0) is working flawlessly without any WHQL-certified NVATABUS.SYS.

Nevertheless answers to the following questions might be interesting for us all:

Is your special driver mix suitable for all nForce chipsets (nForce2, nForce3 and nForce4)?

How is it possible to copy the NVATA.CAT into the NVATABUS.CAT? I have never seen a file named NVATABUS.CAT. (EDIT: Now I have seen this file NVATABUS.CAT within your driver package. The correct name is NVATA.CAT)

For the NVATABUS.CAT I was wrong I thought, I misunderstood how the WHQL certication works. I thought that the .CAT wasn't linked to a file but that a XYZ.CAT was used for the XYZ.SYS file. But NVATA.SYS and NVATABUS.SYS are 100% identical. So if a NVATABUS.CAT had existed it will be the same as NVATA.CAT.

The IDE remix (I've a little updated it since) could work from nF1 to nF4. I've tested it on nF3 250Gb & nF4 Ultra. It seems that the legacy folder can be a problem sometimes. I don't tested it on textmode.

It seems that the legacy folder can be a problem sometimes. I don't tested it on textmode.
Thanx for your reply and the clarification concerning the CAT files. I will test your special driver remix.

To take the content of the LEGACY folder for the integration of the nForce SataRaid drivers is maybe not the best, but certainly the easiest method. If you take the SATARAID subfolder, you have to copy the NVATABUS.INF and the NVCOI.DLL file (and maybe the both CAT files) from other subfolders into the SATARAID folder prior the integration procedure. According to my experiences you get the same (good) results by using the easier LEGACY method without any copying.

CU

Fernando

Hi All ,

I am having this error message with nLite 1.0 RC3 : "D-The object is in use elsewhere." . This occurs during the driver integration stage.

I am trying to integrate drivers version 6.70 (Nforce) from nvidia for my motherboard. The curious bit is this : Whenever I integrate the Sata Raid drivers only there is no problem, However , whenever I include drivers for other components such as the ethernet card , the SMbus drivers etc. The error manifests itself and then nLite appears to hang indefinitely :(

Please assist if you or anyone else can .

Best Regards,

Caspanis

I just read this fast but

"D-Object reference not set to an instance of an object" is fixed in just uploaded RC3.

Finally managed to repeat the error...once you see it it's dead ;)

I am having this error message with nLite 1.0 RC3 : "D-The object is in use elsewhere." . This occurs during the driver integration stage.
I have never had such an error message.

Nuhi has written, that he fixed this error with RC3. If not, please write a post within the sticky thread about RC3 experiences, because Nuhi will not read all posts within this thread.

So... has anyone made an install package for mediashield? I've haven't had any problems with driver integration, but hate having to reinstall drivers just for mediashield... I'm new to this hacking up windoze thing... anyone? Actually, it was the need to have the nvidia drivers preinstalled that led me to nLite... I'll even share my first mistake that had my head spinning around and around... %OEM% vs $OEM$... I won't even say how long it took me to see that...

So... anyone got that mediashield package? ;) I really need to be boxing this thing up by Monday... heh. :D

So... has anyone made an install package for mediashield? I've haven't had any problems with driver integration, but hate having to reinstall drivers just for mediashield... So... anyone got that mediashield package? ;)
I don't have any experience with mediashield, because I have a mainboard which supports only Raid0 and Raid1.

AFAIK you need a board with Raid5 and at least minimum 3 Sata2 hard disk drives. Here are the details: http://www.nvidia.com/object/feature_raid.html

If your system is ready for NVIDIA mediashield and if you have confgurated a healthy Raid5 array, you should be able to integrate the SataRaid drivers as I have described in post No 1.

CU

Fernando