Integration of NVIDIA's nForce RAID and AHCI drivers

Fernando 1

im lost you said to :Take the nForce chipset driver package 6.70. There is no need for you to move files around - just integrate the LEGACY subfolder as TEXTMODE driver and you will succeed. but then you said later to follow the post at the start of this tread, which does involve moving folders around. i just dont want to screw up.

1 last question, im trying to make a slipstream disk for a whole new computer build. i have the above mentioned board and a amd3700+, 7800gt oc,2 gigs of muskin, creative audigy gamer,cable modem,winxp. i think that does it. i tried to read as much of these post as i can. ive got the sp2 and xp slipstream now i need to finish the rest of the nlite program. as in raid drivers, hotfixes and what else would you suggest to make this as quick and painless...lol?
I would integrate the other nForce drivers too (SMBus, Ethernet, Audio) - as "normal" PnP drivers. If you want, you can integrate also the latest NVIDIA Forceware drivers (take the WHQL-certified).
im lost you said to :Take the nForce chipset driver package 6.70. There is no need for you to move files around - just integrate the LEGACY subfolder as TEXTMODE driver and you will succeed. but then you said later to follow the post at the start of this tread, which does involve moving folders around. i just dont want to screw up.
You did not read exactly what I have written:

For the integration of the SataRaid or PataRaid drivers I propose to take the new official 32-bit NVIDIA nForce chipset driver package v. 6.70 (you may download it here, then extract the content). Fortunately NVIDIA has established a subfolder named LEGACY within the IDE\WinXP directory of this package. As this subfolder contains all necessary files, for most of the users any further preparations of this package are dispensable.

The other possibility with moving around some files is only for purists or for people with problematic mainboards.

Everything clear now?

CU

Fernando

i think so , i followed the tread at the begining and moved a file from the legacy folder to the sataraid and ect... then i intergrated the drivers in textmode. i think i did it right. i will have a add on sound card so do i need the audio drivers?here is a copy of what i did. tell me if its right. never mind i dont know how to do a screenshot.

i think i did it right. i will have a add on sound card so do i need the audio drivers?here is a copy of what i did. tell me if its right.
A screenshot is not necessary. If you have an extra sound card, you can integrate the newest driver for it (if you have on-board-sound, you should disable it within BIOS).

Now start your work and let me know if everything worked.

i got everything installed but now xp wont reconize my cd-rom. how can i fix this?
Maybe your CD-ROM drive is not supported by the nForce4 Parallel ATA Controller driver.

You can fix this problem either by an update of the firmware for your CD-ROM drive or by replacing the nForce P-ATA (=IDE s/w) driver by the MS IDE Standard driver.

Do the following:

1. Open the device manager

2. Open the section IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers

3. Right click on nForce4 Parallel ATA Controller

4. Click on "update driver software"

5. Choose "manual install"

6. Choose "let me pick from a list of device drivers"

7. Enable "Show compatible hardware". Now you can see the "MS Dual Channel IDE Bus Controller".

8. Choose it and install it.

After a reboot you will see your CD-ROM drive.

CU

Fernando

i did that and everything is great, i do have one thing that bugs me. in the task bar by the time i have a icon that says safely remove hardware, when i click on it has my raid drives there. i want that gone. but other than that its great . nlite rocks

i did that and everything is great, i do have one thing that bugs me. in the task bar by the time i have a icon that says safely remove hardware, when i click on it has my raid drives there. i want that gone. but other than that its great . nlite rocks
That is not a bug, but a feature.

All "hot plugging" devices are shown in the systray as "safely removable hardware". As SATA drives are hot plugging devices, you have this icon. You can hide it by changing the properties of the task bar.

CU

Fernando

Some guy made a small tool that hides the icon.

Check this :thumbup

Edited by Tzeb

For mainboards with an nForce 430/410 chipset there is a special nForce chipset driver package 8.22. The only problem is, that this package has no NVATABUS.INF (no LEGACY folder). If you want to install this driver package, give me your eMail adress and I will send you the correct IDE driver package ready for integration as TEXTMODE driver.

I PMed you my email!

I have an Asrock 939NF4G-SATA2 that I want to mount in RAID0 for WinXP Pro on two Western Digital SATA II 200 gigs (WD2000JS).

I will post the results as soon as I can!

I received the files.

I used them. The RAID0 array was recognized for the first time for the installation.

However, I ended up with an endless reboot after complete installation. I will look at the other pages to see if someone has found the source and solution of this problem.

Also, at the installation, setup couldn't copy nvata.cat and nvraid.cat

It might have something to do with the fact that I had removed the "Windows Original" SCSI/RAID drivers. I will try to rebuild the CD without removing those drivers...

However, I ended up with an endless reboot after complete installation. I will look at the other pages to see if someone has found the source and solution of this problem.
Have you tried to boot in safe mode?
Also, at the installation, setup couldn't copy nvata.cat and nvraid.cat

It might have something to do with the fact that I had removed the "Windows Original" SCSI/RAID drivers. I will try to rebuild the CD without removing those drivers...

1. Both CAT files are within the driver package I have sent to you.

2. You should not remove the SCSI/RAID drivers.

I used nlite 1.0 RC7. If you need more info let me know:

I used the method on the first post of this thread and now XP see's my RAID array instead of two HD's!

Btw, XP was seeing the RAID array as two HD's sized (130/140GB rather than 250GB).

For my setup I used the latest nforce4 drivers (6.70) and nvidia RAID BIOS 4.81. The mobo itself is a GA-K8N Ultra SLi. And the HD's are SATA 150 HD's - 250GB Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm, 8MB cache. The two disks are in a RAID 0 Stripe.

This might of been mentioned but if not: The problem seems to be XP doesn't know crap all about SATA drives. Also when you use F6 XP will use those drivers but then discard them and use its own instead of installing them. That's why I using nlite to make a custom install disk that does install them works. Consequently using my custom disk XP now sees my RAID array as one disk sized about 465GB!

Other source/s of information:

http://www.hardwareanalysis.com/con...ic/19004/?o=140

Edited by Vash

For people with problems with getting Windows XP to recognise your RAID setup I found a way to do it.

Use nlite (www.nliteos.com) and add the required SATA / RAID drivers (look in the FAQ (http://www.nliteos.com/faq.html#Q2), note this is only for nforce chipsets but it may/should work for others.

Then when you install Windows there is no need to use a floppy and F6, handy if like me, your PC doesn't have a floppy drive!

I used this method and now XP see's my RAID array instead of two HD's!

Btw, XP was seeing the RAID array as two HD's sized (130/140GB rather than 250GB).

For my setup I used the latest nforce4 drivers (6.70) and nvidia RAID BIOS 4.81. The mobo itself is a GA-K8N Ultra SLi. And the HD's are SATA 150 HD's - 250GB Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm, 8MB cache. The two disks are in a RAID 0 Stripe.

The problem seems to be XP doesn't know crap all about SATA drives. Also when you use F6 XP will use those drivers but then discard them and use its own instead of installing them. That's why I used nlite to make a custom install disk that does install them. Consequently using my custom disk XP now sees my RAID array as one disk sized about 465GB!

Hello Vash,

did you read the first post of this thread and did you realize, that you posted into the nLite forum?

What do you want to say with your posting? I don't understand the message.

By the way: The link you posted does not work.

CU

Fernando