Integration of NVIDIA's nForce RAID and AHCI drivers

Fernando 1

You obviously have a problem with your hdd's and/or with different boot sectors (MBR's).

Check your hdd's by using Checkdisk and look into your BIOS for the Hard Disk Boot Priority (there you can choose, from which hdd you want to boot, that is something else as the Boot Drive Sequence). Which of your hdd's is drive C? Do you have more than 1 MBR?

When you want to install XP onto a non-Raid-hdd, you should neither hit F6 nor integrate any nForce SataRaid drivers. Just install XP and - after having done it - install the nForce chipset driver package suitable for your chipset by executing the SETUP.EXE. Then XP will see your Raid partitions.

Hi Fernando, thanks heaps for your reply.

I wanted to run Windows setup & install the RAID drivers via F6 so I could do a chkdsk on the RAID0 array in question. The C: drive is a non-RAID IDE drive (PATA) and works fine by itself. The RAID0 drives are simply a large storage area (that I can't lose :no: )

I tried to create your integrated driver CD simply to see if I could run chkdsk on the RAID0 array

When XP is installed and the drivers installed via Setup in Windows, the computer does the Bluscreen/restart thing

Many thanks

Vinny

I tried to create your integrated driver CD simply to see if I could run chkdsk on the RAID0 array
There is no need to install Windows XP, if you want to check the integrity of your hdd's. DOS sees all your disks.
When XP is installed and the drivers installed via Setup in Windows, the computer does the Bluscreen/restart thing
Can you boot in safe mode? If yes, uninstall the NVIDIA drivers again und reinstall the 6.53 driver package (just to allow XP to see the RAID array).

FYI Version 6.86 is out for the nForce4 AMD
Thanks for your notice.

I know about the new nForce driver package, but I have not tested it yet.

Furthermore the chipset driver package 9.34 and the nForce package for Vista Beta2 do contain newer IDE drivers (v. 667), which are compatible to all nForce4 chipsets too.

There is no need to install Windows XP, if you want to check the integrity of your hdd's. DOS sees all your disks.

OK, I'm not sure wot you mean here. How does DOS read a RAID0 array?? :unsure:

Maybe you're talking about running a diagnostic tool to check the drives?? My understanding is that any low-level tests aren't going to bring back the data & the only way is to get something to diagnose the file system and I don't know any other way to do this other than to load the appropriate drivers.

Can you boot in safe mode? If yes, uninstall the NVIDIA drivers again und reinstall the 6.53 driver package (just to allow XP to see the RAID array).

XP won't boot at all, Safe Mode or not, if the RAID drives in question are connected

Last night I tried booting with another RAID0 set and it was fine

THANKS AGAIN FERNANDO

much appreciated :D

1. You can't do the F6/floppy method with new nForce SataRaid drivers (from a chipset driver package 6.65 or higher). For F6 nForce SataRaid driver installation you should take the 6.53 package.

I wasn't using any package from the nvidia site. I used the package from the motherboard site.

2. The nForce SataRaid driver integration method by using nLite or CD Creator is proved by thousands of users with different systems. It works for all of them and will work for you too. Maybe your burner is not OK or your burning speed was too high.

No. My burner is fine, as proved by my next point.

As zulu9812 said, I've also tried my nLite CD without any integrated raid drivers and I got the same results as him where it kept saying "Setup cannot copy the file:". I've wasted almost 10 CD's trying to fix the problem and I've had no success so far :(
You obviously have a CD/CD Burner problem. Check your CD Burner or burn a new CD with lower speed.

I considered this in light of what you said to me. I copied my original Windows disc to my computer, recreated it as a bootable ISO and burned that disc. The same scenario repeated. To summarise so far:

1. If I integrate nForce drivers via nlite to make a slipstreamed Windows XP disc, Windows setup will complete, but crash to BSOD after final reboot, and continue to crash to BSOD every boot thereafter. This implies that the initial installation is using the nForce drivers, but that they are being overwritten with 'safe' windows drivers during the GUI part of the install.

2. If I put those nForce drivers on a floppy and install the drivers manually in conjunction with an original Windows CD by pressing f6 and then specifying the location of the drivers, I get a successful Windows installation and subsequent usage, with no Device Manager issues.

3. If I use the method in #2, but replace the original Windows CD with a 1:1 copy I burned myself, I get a successful windows installation as in #2. This implies no problem with my CD burning capabilities.

4. If I use the method in #2, but replace the original Windows CD with one I slipstreamed using nlite, Windows setup will not load the drivers from the floppy. This implies a problem created by the slipstreaming process.

I feel very secure in saying that it is not a problem at my end. Simply put, if I don't slipstream I can install the drivers and thus can install Windows. If I do slipstream, I can't.

Hi,

i have a Gigabyte GA-K8N Pro-SLI , nforce4 sli and have done everything in the guide. When i installed everything and finished finalising windows and reboots, it goes to the windows loading sign and then shows the blue screen with error message:

0x0000007B

please help

Edit:

dont worry about it.. i did what ferando told zulu9812 to do. And i worked! After 3 days of suffering! WOOT WOOT

i used the nLite 1.0 RC8 and used 6.85 even though my version is 4.81

thanks Fernando 1!

Edited by gangstah4life

OK, now I'm convinced it's a problem with me hard drives

On another NF4 machine (Albatron K8SLI) runing RAID BIOS 4.81 it bluescreens on WinXP bootup & restarts

This PC's OS runs off another RAID0 array

If I connect the problematic RAID0 array while Windows is running, it also crashes

Does anyone have any ideas as to how I might be able to save the data that's on these drives ?? :blink:

Cheers

Vinny

I feel very secure in saying that it is not a problem at my end. Simply put, if I don't slipstream I can install the drivers and thus can install Windows. If I do slipstream, I can't.
I hope, that you didn't always have used nLite 1.0 Final. This version had an issue regarding the TEXTMODE driver integration (see some postings above).

Did you get the same results with nLite 1.0 RC8 or nLite 1.0.1 Final?

Does anyone have any ideas as to how I might be able to save the data that's on these drives ??
If you can get acces to your datas, you should burn a CD or a DVD with all your important files.

Does anyone have any ideas as to how I might be able to save the data that's on these drives ??
If you can get acces to your datas, you should burn a CD or a DVD with all your important files.

I can't access the data ! That's the problem ! XP just bluescreens when I connect the drives

Have you even read my posts? ah whats the use :realmad:

I can't access the data ! That's the problem ! XP just bluescreens when I connect the drives

Have you even read my posts? ah whats the use :realmad:

I read every post, although there are a lot of them from different users.

Now back to your question:

Before you decide to create a RAID, you should know, that you can't save datas from a broken or corrupt RAID0 array. That is the wellknown risk with RAID0.

As I understood your posts, you were not able at all to install an OS onto your corrupt RAID0 array. Why do you want to save datas from a fresh install, which you never got running?

Now back to your question:

Before you decide to create a RAID, you should know, that you can't save datas from a broken or corrupt RAID0 array. That is the wellknown risk with RAID0.

As I understood your posts, you were not able at all to install an OS onto your corrupt RAID0 array. Why do you want to save datas from a fresh install, which you never got running?

No no no Fernando :no: Obviously you can't read

I never said I installed an OS on the RAID0 array *sigh*

The 400GB RAID0 array has no OS, is full of data only, a seperate PATA hard drive has the OS. This is the third time I've mentioned that fact right there! :wacko:

I know the risks with RAID0, however I believe there is software out there that could fix my problem. Has anyone used R-Studio to deal with a RAID0 array?