Integration of NVIDIA's nForce RAID and AHCI drivers

Fernando 1

I would like to say that the "new" method indicated in the first post (with lots of red) worked flawlessly for me on a DFI NF4 SLI-DR Motherboard using 2 Raptors on NVRAID 0. Thank you very much!

Edited by JuMz

How can I install Windows Vista RC1 from Windows XP using the new your "Brandnew method".

Shouldn't Windows Vista asks for a RAID driver during the installation? or not?

Look here: http://www.nforcershq.com/forum/1-vt66299.html?start=0
Another question, why did you proposed the use of nVidia version 6.85 and not 6.86?
I proposed to use the 6.86 chipset driver package (WHQL method).
UPDATE:

OK, I installed the OS using your new method. There weren't any endless reboots BUT, however, the system booting is extremely (VERY VERY) slow and I found that Windows has defined the "Primary IDE Channel" which I disabled from the BIOS and I found something for the first time "Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller".

What do you think is going on?

That is not a problem at all. When you use the WHQL method, Windows will automaticly install the MS IDE drivers instead of the NVIDIA Parallel ATA device drivers. If you are not satisfied with the MS IDE (=P-ATA) drivers, you can easily substitute them by the nForce Parallel ATA device drivers (device manager > IDE/ATAPI Controllers > Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller > Update drivers > have disk > compatible drivers > NVIDIA nForce Parallel ATA Controller > OK).

CU

Fernando

(still not at home for a while)

• 3 weeks later...

new method worked flawlessly here (legacy as txt mode and sata_ide as PNP) used to get endless reboots before, board is in sig :) used the drivers from mei's remix 6.10 (ide's are version 6.86)

Edited by Lemonzest

new method worked flawlessly here (legacy as txt mode and sata_ide as PNP) used to get endless reboots before, board is in sig :) used the drivers from mei's remix 6.10 (ide's are version 6.86)
Thanks for your post, because this certifies, that the new WHQL integration method even works with nForce3 chipsets.

CU

Fernando

used the drivers from mei's remix 6.10 (ide's are version 6.86)
Can you please give me a link to that drivers please?

Here is the link to Mei's actual driver package: http://troglo.u-strasbg.fr/~3fmauricard/nw...e_x86_06-10.exe

and here is the link to Mei's thread about these drivers: http://www.nforcershq.com/forum/meis-nware...3a46d7ddcfd92ec

Thanks for your post, because this certifies, that the new WHQL integration method even works with nForce3 chipsets.

CU

Fernando

The drivers were NOT WHQL signed, the cat files were not even there in the folders :)

The drivers were NOT WHQL signed, the cat files were not even there in the folders :)
Thank you for this clarification. I had already realised, that the WHQL certificate of the nForce SataRaid drivers within Mei's UDP have gone lost by modding the INF files.

Nevertheless I have modified my guide (first post of this thread) by adding your experience with Mei's Unified Driver Packet as a chance for users with nForce3 (or nForce2) chipset to integrate actual nForce chipset drivers including the SATARAID ones. Maybe Mei will find a way to prevent the lost of the WHQL signature of these drivers.

Thanks again!

I bought the Media Center Edition because I think its basically just XP pro on disk one, with the MCE addons on disk two. Is that correct? I dont need the MCE stuff, but I do need to slipstream NVRAID in, so would I just follow the instructions for XP above? :unsure:

I bought the Media Center Edition because I think its basically just XP pro on disk one, with the MCE addons on disk two. Is that correct? I dont need the MCE stuff, but I do need to slipstream NVRAID in, so would I just follow the instructions for XP above? :unsure:
The guide for XP should work for MCE too.

• 2 weeks later...

hi all

got some probs

im using 2maxtor IDE in raid0 on asus a8n-sli (bios 1014)

the only way i see only one array is only when i use the msi package called "nForce3_4".

• WinXP IDE PATARAID driver version 5.52

• WinXP IDE SATARAID driver version 5.52 (WHQL)

• WinXP IDE SATA_IDE driver version 5.52 (WHQL)

http://download.msi.com.tw/support/dvr_exe...RAID_Floppy.zip

then i integrate these with nlite like this:

pataraid_BUSDRV = "NVIDIA nForce Storage Controller (for PATA-RAID required 1)"

pataraid_RAIDCLASS = "NVIDIA RAID CLASS DRIVER (for PATA-RAID required 2)"

(note there s no sata_ide to integrate and 2different class into these drivers as scsi adapter and hdc type!!??)

but got endless reboot after gui install

(certainely because of not WHQL and then conflict with ms driver)

do u have any ideas ?

Edited by max06

got some probs

im using 2maxtor IDE in raid0 on asus a8n-sli (bios 1014)

the only way i see only one array is only when i use the msi package called "nForce3_4".

• WinXP IDE PATARAID driver version 5.52

• WinXP IDE SATARAID driver version 5.52 (WHQL)

• WinXP IDE SATA_IDE driver version 5.52 (WHQL)

but got endless reboot after gui install

You are writing, that the XP setup only was able to detect your RAID, when you used these old MSI drivers, but you didn't note which other SataRaid drivers you have tried to integrate.

PLease give us some additional informations:

Which different nForce SataRaid drivers (version number of the used chipset driver package) did you test?

Which of them failed by detecting your RAID array?

Do you have a floppy drive?

If yes, did you try to install XP by using F6 method (this is the easiest way to test, which nForce SataRaid driver might be suitable for your system).

Which version has your nVRaid BIOS (look at second boot display)?

What do you mean with "the only way i see only one array ..."? Do you have more than 1 RAID array?

Notice: If you have already one or more Windows version installed onto your RAID array, you will see all these Windows partitions.

You are writing, that the XP setup only was able to detect your RAID, when you used these old MSI drivers, but you didn't note which other SataRaid drivers you have tried to integrate.

PLease give us some additional informations:

Which different nForce SataRaid drivers (version number of the used chipset driver package) did you test?

Which of them failed by detecting your RAID array?

Do you have a floppy drive?

If yes, did you try to install XP by using F6 method (this is the easiest way to test, which nForce SataRaid driver might be suitable for your system).

Which version has your nVRaid BIOS (look at second boot display)?

What do you mean with "the only way i see only one array ..."? Do you have more than 1 RAID array?

-nvraid bios : 4.84

-with classic driver (i will try again to say which one) i got something like:

id0:

maxtor 80go

id1:

maxtor 40go

instead of only:

id0 maxtor 80go

btw what do i need to do my floppy disk?

legacy folder + ?

some1 knows what s the difference between scsi class and hdc in .inf?

Edited by max06