Integration of NVIDIA's nForce RAID and AHCI drivers

Fernando 1

Still no go on isolation:

using only (without any ryan's or any other mods) mcp61 sataraid v 11.09 with the newest nlite (1.3 rc2)--I think it may be the drivers (altho they are whql certified)--will try older nvida driver.

oh dam....

after spending way too much time on figuring out my problem, i finally found it.

you have to run nlite as an adminstrator instead of a user (or at least that's what solved the problem for me)--the tricky thing was nlite looked like it was running ok w/ limited credentials, but at the end, it needs admin i guess to properly integrate nvidia raid drivers.

Edited by djkym

spoke too soon...

altho i have the "parameters are incorrect" messages taken care of, upon installation, i keep getting a "please insert...win xp pro sp 2 cd" message.

i have the WIN51IP.SP2, etc files in my root directory and I didn't have this problem when installing on win mce w/ nvidia raid drivers....

anyone else with this problem?

upon installation, i keep getting a "please insert...win xp pro sp 2 cd" message.
This pop-up message has nothing to do with the driver integration, but with tweaking.

It's done by the Windows System File Checker (SFC), who obviously found a system file, which has been modified (either by nLite or by prior modding of the XP source files). The System File Checker wants to replace the tweaked files by the original ones and asks for the installation source ("WinXP Pro SP2 CD" means your nLited CD with integrated drivers, hotfixes, tweaks etc.).

If you want to keep the tweaked file(s), do the following:

When the pop-up comes up, don't insert the CD and hit "Cancel", then you will be asked, if you want to keep the changed file. Answer "Yes" and the annoying message will disappear.

If you want to restore all original MS Windows system files, you should do the follwing:

Run: "sfc /scannow" and insert the original Windows XP SP2 CD (not the nLited one you used for installation purpose).

Edited by Fernando 1

"This pop-up message has nothing to do with the driver integration, but with tweaking."

I actually get the message very early in the installation (before it even makes partitions or copies files), and it won't let me get past the screen. it otherwise has f3 for an option to exit the installation.

to be more exact, it says "please insert the disk labelled win xp sp 2 cd into drive a: press enter when ready"

"This pop-up message has nothing to do with the driver integration, but with tweaking."

I actually get the message very early in the installation (before it even makes partitions or copies files), and it won't let me get past the screen. it otherwise has f3 for an option to exit the installation.

to be more exact, it says "please insert the disk labelled win xp sp 2 cd into drive a: press enter when ready"

You obviously found the solution yourself: http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?s=&amp...st&p=614421

If you are going to work with nLite, you must have administrator rights.

As a consequence of your trouble I have added this point into my guide (post 1 of this thread).

i began reading through this thread but was not able to find anything regarding my specific issue (granted i did not read all 50 pages...)

my specific problem is this...

when i boot my system up, i am able to configure three separate raid 1 arrays using the bios (to enable nvraid) and the nvraid utility (f10). two of these arrays are using the four onboard SATA connections on the mobo. the other array is made up of two PATA drives (using the same IDE channel as master/slave). my issue is actually not related to the two SATA raid arrays. when i followed your guide to create a slipstreamed bootable CD, both arrays are now showing up in the list of available partitions. originally this was not even a concern for me since i plan on using those two arrays as data only drives on this file server. my idea was to use the PATA array as the actual operating system drive as an extra precaution against drive failure. unfortunately, every time i get to the partition selection stage, it displays the two PATA drives seperately rather than together as one mirrored partition. any ideas?

when i boot my system up, i am able to configure three separate raid 1 arrays using the bios (to enable nvraid) and the nvraid utility (f10). two of these arrays are using the four onboard SATA connections on the mobo. the other array is made up of two PATA drives (using the same IDE channel as master/slave). my issue is actually not related to the two SATA raid arrays. when i followed your guide to create a slipstreamed bootable CD, both arrays are now showing up in the list of available partitions. originally this was not even a concern for me since i plan on using those two arrays as data only drives on this file server. my idea was to use the PATA array as the actual operating system drive as an extra precaution against drive failure. unfortunately, every time i get to the partition selection stage, it displays the two PATA drives seperately rather than together as one mirrored partition. any ideas?
Which mainboard, which chipset and which nForce Sata-/Pata-Raid drivers are you using?

Which mainboard, which chipset and which nForce Sata-/Pata-Raid drivers are you using?

the mainboard is an Asus A8N5X Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 ATX AMD Motherboard

the chipset is nForce4 (4.84)

i tried a few different dirvers according to your first post. i grabbed the PATA drivers from the following link:

ftp://download.nvidia.com/Windows/vista/b...ta2_english.zip

the mainboard is an Asus A8N5X Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 ATX AMD Motherboard

the chipset is nForce4 (4.84)

i tried a few different dirvers according to your first post. i grabbed the PATA drivers from the following link:

ftp://download.nvidia.com/Windows/vista/b...ta2_english.zip

What you probably need is a driver package, which has an nForce4 Parallel ATA Controller driver.

Try the LEGACY subfolder of this one: ftp://download.nvidia.com/Windows/nForce/...p2k_english.exe

Alternatively you can take the 6.70 chipset driver package.

My suggestion: Test the packages by booting off the original (not nLited) XP CD and presenting the content of the LEGACY folder by F6/floppy method. If the XP Setup routine detects your P-ATA RAID this way, create a new nLited CD by integrating the successfully used nForce aRaid driver version. Don't try to continue the XP installation by using the F6/floppy method - you may get endless reboots at the end.

it seems to be working now. i will post again after everything is said and done. thank you so much for your help.
Did you realize, that you have written post No 1000 of this thread (what an amazing interest!)? So you will succeed!

Please report here, if I am right.

CU

Fernando

well, sadly the first attempt using the 6.85 drivers seems to have failed. it did show up correctly in partition selection process. after it formatted the drive and rebooted, the system stalls.

i will make an attempt using the 6.70 drivers next...