Integration of NVIDIA's nForce RAID and AHCI drivers

Fernando 1

2 gig... i know 4 gig can cause problems with 32-bit XP... but I would have thought 2 gig should be OK. I did incorporate a lot of other bits into the nLite'd image (hotfixes and nvidia PnP network drivers) and made it unattended. I'm trying another image, this time not unattended.
2 GM RAM should be enough.

I don't think, that your issue has something to do with the "unattended" install mode.

Try to boot from the original (not nLited) XP CD and look what happens.

Already done that, that's how i figured out the 2 disk sataraid driver issue, using the original XP CD (no SP at all) and floppies and F6 to install the system. That worked OK, although like I originally said, half way through the install it started asking for nvRAID disk 2.

Already done that, that's how i figured out the 2 disk sataraid driver issue, using the original XP CD (no SP at all) and floppies and F6 to install the system. That worked OK, although like I originally said, half way through the install it started asking for nvRAID disk 2.
Another question regarding the F6 method, which has nothing to do with your current problem:

Why did you want to edit the TXTSETUP.OEM file?

Have you tried just to copy the content of disk1 and disk2 on 2 different formatted floppy disks and to insert disk1 when prompted?

As I understand the TXTSETUP.OEM file, everything will go automaticly. You are asked for disk2, which contains the other needed files, and the driver loading precedure will complete.

Sorry, lets take a step back because I think I'm confusing you...

What I'm trying to get at is that I know the original XP CD-ROM source to be OK. I was able to perform an installation of XP Pro using the original XP Pro CD as it is and the nforce SATARAID drivers copied to two separate floppy disks and using the F6 method at the beginning of setup.

The nLite'd CD I'm trying now is using the source from the known working XP CD and has the nForce SATARAID drivers slipstreamed (by selecting Multi-Drive Folder and TextMode as suggested earlier). But the nLite'd CD I'm using also has SP3 slipstreamed into it along with a handful of hotfixes, the, IE7 and the nForce Ethernet drivers.

The original nLite'd CD had all this plus was configured for a fully automated (unattended) setup. This didn't work however, and I get that "Not enough virtual memory or paging file quote to process the specified command" flash up before the system reboots itself at the very start of the GUI installation of XP.

So, I made another nLite'd CD only this time took out the entire unattended section, but kept the slipstreamed SP3, nForce drivers and hotfixes (including IE7) but this CD too has the same problem (error at first part of GUI setup followed by automatic reboot of system).

I've removed 1GB of RAM (so i'm now down to 1GB from 2GB) and tried the last nLite'd CD again, but still the same problem.

Unless anyone can suggest the cause of this I'm going to have to go through a process of elimination. I plan to start off with the original XP CD's source and slipstream the nForce SATARAID driver, but nothing else. If that works, I will repeat the process this time adding SP3, and so on adding in all the components until I find the one causing the problem... I just hope I have enough blank CD-Rs :-)

Unless anyone can suggest the cause of this I'm going to have to go through a process of elimination. I plan to start off with the original XP CD's source and slipstream the nForce SATARAID driver, but nothing else. If that works, I will repeat the process this time adding SP3, and so on adding in all the components until I find the one causing the problem...
This is what I suggest too.

Lucky me, I found a CD-RW...

OK, I've created a bunch of nLite'd images now...

1 . XP (No ServicePack) + nForce SATARAID - Works OK

2 . XP + SP3 Slipstreamed + nForce SATARAID - Works OK

3 . XP + SP3 Slipstreamed + nForce SATARAID + nForce Network + Unattended Setup - Works OK

So, I'm getting bored of this now, but I have to assume it was one of the hotfixes I'd added to the nLite image, but i haven't got the time to prove it at the moment.

Thanks for the help though - Sid

Lucky me, I found a CD-RW...

OK, I've created a bunch of nLite'd images now...

1 . XP (No ServicePack) + nForce SATARAID - Works OK

2 . XP + SP3 Slipstreamed + nForce SATARAID - Works OK

3 . XP + SP3 Slipstreamed + nForce SATARAID + nForce Network + Unattended Setup - Works OK

So, I'm getting bored of this now, but I have to assume it was one of the hotfixes I'd added to the nLite image, but i haven't got the time to prove it at the moment.

Thanks for the help though - Sid

You are welcome.

Fine for you, that you succeeded at least, and fine for me, that your issue had nothing to do with the nForce SATARAID driver integration.

Greetings

Fernando

• 2 weeks later...
@ big_sid and Kelsenellenelvian:

There is no need to change or edit any files.

If you are going to integrate the nForce SataRaid drivers of NVIDIA's new nForce chipset driver packs 15.17 or 15.18, you should just take the content of the SATARAID folder (and additionally the SATA_IDE folder, if you have a LEGACY mode nForce chipset). Before you are doing this, you can delete the subfolder(s) named "Floppy".

NVIDIA has created these "Floppy" subfolders just for the F6 method, because you won't get all these multilingual driver files onto 1 floppy disk.

@ bratsj:

As long as your hdd is connected to a Silicon Image S-ATA Controller, you cannot use any nForce SataRaid drivers.

hi all,

is there alreaydy a solution for this problem?

i'm having the same problem for the nvidia package 15.19

i have slipstreamed a clean xp with sp3 and integrated the drivers from sataraid without the floppy subfolder, but i got an error message saying he could not find the nvrd32.sys (this is from the nvidia package).

also tried the same with sp2 but samer error.....

what can be done for the new pachages to work????

with regards,

PhanTom

Edited by bad_Phantom

i'm having the same problem for the nvidia package 15.19
Where did you get this version? NVIDIA's last official nForce driverpacks (meanwhile pulled from their websites) were 15.17 and 15.18 (same nForce chipset drivers, but with added display driver).
i have slipstreamed a clean xp with sp2 and integrated the drivers from sataraid without the floppy subfolder, but i got an error message saying he could not find the nvrd32.sys (this is from the nvidia package).

also tried the same with sp2 but samer error.....

what can be done for the new pachages to work????

You should not continue your work by trying to integrate the nForce SATARAID drivers v10.3.0.21, which are part of NVIDIA's driverpacks 15.17/15.18.

Since the presentation of these new official driverpacks a lot of nForce RAID users ran into problems after having tried to install the included nForce RAID drivers. Because of this absolutely negative feedback NVIDIA has pulled all links to the 15.17/15.18 packs from their global websites. NVIDIA is now offering the previously presented nForce chipset driver packs versions.

My recommendation: Take the SATARAID driver folder of another suitable nForce chipset driver package. I can't give you a special link, because I don't know the nForce chipset of your mainboard.

hi, i have an nforce 570 SLI chipset for AMD Processor.

on the nvidia site there are still the links to the new nforce chipsets 15.17....

i have an old 9.6 version which works, so no problem on this point. but i will do some test, in trying not to integreate the whole sata_raid folder without the floppy folderst, but still try to integrade only the subfolders of floppy, called disk1 and disk2. maybe this works.....

with regards,

PhanTom

hi, i have an nforce 570 SLI chipset for AMD Processor.

on the nvidia site there are still the links to the new nforce chipsets 15.17....

i have an old 9.6 version which works, so no problem on this point. but i will do some test, in trying not to integreate the whole sata_raid folder without the floppy folderst, but still try to integrade only the subfolders of floppy, called disk1 and disk2. maybe this works.....

If you have an nForce RAID system, I don't recommend to take any nForce IDE driver v10.3.0.21.

It would be better to take the nForce IDE drivers v9.99.09. You will find them within the "WHQL Performance Pack", if you open the first post of this thread.

• 3 weeks later...

I would like to get the SATA/RAID going on my new Windows XP Pro SP2 installation. I've followed the directions on the start of this thread but I keep running into problems.

I have a P5N-E SLI motherboard. It uses the NVIDIA nForce 650i SLI chipset.

Which performance pack on this page should I use?

I've tried the NF4-7 Performance Pack with different settings in nLite but I keep getting lots of errors. One error had a system file missing so I enabled the OEM Preinstall which fixed it (recompiled and reinstalled). Now whenever I try to continue the setup it I get an BSD that says the logon service has failed and my system needs to be shut down.

Which driver pack should I use and what setting should I have setup in nLite just for a basic setup. I don't need to remove or add anything, just have the SATA\RAID working from the start.

As well, can I slipstream SP3 onto this or should I wait until after the install to try it?

Thanks!

I would like to get the SATA/RAID going on my new Windows XP Pro SP2 installation. I've followed the directions on the start of this thread but I keep running into problems.

I have a P5N-E SLI motherboard. It uses the NVIDIA nForce 650i SLI chipset.

I assume, that you are running nForce RAID (your mainboard has NVIDIA and JMicron RAID ports). If not, please give me exact informations about your S-Ata/RAID configuration.
Which performance pack on this page should I use?
Since you have an MCP51 chipset mainboard, my "Special WHQL Performance Pack" will be the best driverpack for your system.
Which driver pack should I use and what setting should I have setup in nLite just for a basic setup. I don't need to remove or add anything, just have the SATA\RAID working from the start.
I would just integrate the SATARAID folder (as TEXTMODE). If this should fail, you should additionally integrate the SATA_IDE folder (as PnP driver).

Once the OS is up, you should run the installer of my "WHQL Performance Pack" by checking all needed options (inclusive "MediaShield").

As well, can I slipstream SP3 onto this or should I wait until after the install to try it?
My advice: Slipstream the SP3 into the XP CD.

I assume, that you are running nForce RAID (your mainboard has NVIDIA and JMicron RAID ports). If not, please give me exact informations about your S-Ata/RAID configuration.

Yes, I'm using the nForce RAID.

I've done as you suggested but using these drivers with nLite doesn't seem to help. When I run the install I get STOP errors, or the installation hang when finishing the installation.

I have the latest BIOS and my drives are all functioning properly