Integration of NVIDIA's nForce RAID and AHCI drivers

Fernando 1

Yes, I'm using the nForce RAID.

I've done as you suggested but using these drivers with nLite doesn't seem to help. When I run the install I get STOP errors, or the installation hang when finishing the installation.

I have the latest BIOS and my drives are all functioning properly

What about your memory? Any overclocking? Did you do a memtest? Do you have more than 2 GB RAM?

Yes, I'm using the nForce RAID.

I've done as you suggested but using these drivers with nLite doesn't seem to help. When I run the install I get STOP errors, or the installation hang when finishing the installation.

I have the latest BIOS and my drives are all functioning properly

What about your memory? Any overclocking? Did you do a memtest? Do you have more than 2 GB RAM?

4 GB RAM. No Overclocking.

I'll do a memtest right away.

This system was working fine but I was only using the SATA-IDE not the SATA/RAID config and I wanted the redundancy.

Edited by cudac

I removed 2 RAM Sticks and the installation seems to be working now...
Fine, that you succeeded at least.

I will add the tip to remove some RAM sticks during the OS installation into my guide.

Thanks for your report!

Fernando

I've installed the motherboard drivers you suggested and they work well. Thanks!

I have 2 devices that I don't know what to do with

- PCI Device

- Unknown Device

I don't have any PCI cards installed. I have a DVD RW and a PCI Express Video Card that has drivers installed properly. Do you have any suggestions about these items?

- PCI Device

- Unknown Device

Do a right-click onto the devices and look for details.

EDIT: The "Unknown Device" probably is the ASUS ACPI device. The driver should be on the mainboard CD. If not, use the attached one.

ASUS_ACPI.zip

What about your Sound chip? This could be the "PCI Device". You will get the newest HDAudio drivers from Realtek.

Edited by Fernando 1

hi,

get the Tool Everest Ultimate Edition, which shows you ALL information you need, even the one from unknown devices....

this devices could be some features of your mainboard.

Install latest service pack for your windows (suppose you are using xp) and afterwards the unknown device should get renamed to something like audio device. or get latest drivers from the ASUS Page for your soundcard or from the manufacturer, which contains the patch for the HD Audio. xp itself doesnt know what to do with hd audio, so it shows up as unknown device.

the pci device could be the new security "feature" TPM-Module, which is integrated in you motherboard. it's not necessary, but u can download the drivers from your motherboard manufacturer OR you can disable this in the bios of your motherboard.

with regards,

PhanTom

hi Fernando, i want to put SATARAID into my SP3 windows cd: i select nvraid.inf, content in "32bit nForce SATARAID drivers v.6.99 WHQL", when nlite asks me which driver i want to load. After installation, while loading Windows, it restart.

Could you help me pls :(

Edited by kemin

hi Fernando, i want to put SATARAID into my SP3 windows cd: i select nvraid.inf, content in "32bit nForce SATARAID drivers v.6.99 WHQL", when nlite asks me which driver i want to load. After installation, while loading Windows, it restart.
You have to integrate the content of both driver folders as layed down within my guide, the SATARAID one as TEXTMODE and the SATA_IDE one as "normal" device driver.

then i select nvraid.inf from "32bit nForce SATARAID drivers v.6.99 WHQL" and nvata.inf from "32bit nForce SATA_IDE drivers v.6.99 WHQL", it's true?

ps: if i try to use "modded 32bit nForce LEGACY drivers v.6.99", it gives me an error on load nvatabus.sys during installation loading.

then i select nvraid.inf from "32bit nForce SATARAID drivers v.6.99 WHQL" and nvata.inf from "32bit nForce SATA_IDE drivers v.6.99 WHQL", it's true?
Yes, but you should verify, if nLite really takes the SATARAID drivers as TEXTMODE.
ps: if i try to use "modded 32bit nForce LEGACY drivers v.6.99", it gives me an error on load nvatabus.sys during installation loading.
Did you integrate the LEGACY driver folder as TEXTMODE driver? You have to, don't hit F6 and try to load the driver from a floppy disk. That doesn't work!

Yes, but you should verify, if nLite really takes the SATARAID drivers as TEXTMODE.

this give me an error on a file that i don't remember the name.

Did you integrate the LEGACY driver folder as TEXTMODE driver? You have to, don't hit F6 and try to load the driver from a floppy disk. That doesn't work!

no, i don't use floppy disk. nvatabus don't works :(

ps: these errors occur when cd loads all driver!!

- PCI Device

- Unknown Device

Do a right-click onto the devices and look for details.

EDIT: The "Unknown Device" probably is the ASUS ACPI device. The driver should be on the mainboard CD. If not, use the attached one.

ASUS_ACPI.zip

What about your Sound chip? This could be the "PCI Device". You will get the newest HDAudio drivers from Realtek.

The PCI Device was 'JMicron JMB36X Controller", which installed from the CD. I didn't want to use the CD for anything since it may cause conflicts with your driver package. Hopefully this will work though.

The 'Unknwn Device' is no longer there so I don't know what it was :blink:

Thanks!

this give me an error on a file that i don't remember the name.
Which error message did you get? Was it like "could not copy file xyz"?
no, i don't use floppy disk. nvatabus don't works :(
What does mean "doesn't work"? I am pretty sure, that the integration of the LEGACY driver folder would work too.

Recommendations:

1. You have to take a clean (=untouched) XP XD as source.

2. Lower the speed when burning the CD.

3. Check your memory sticks with memtest. Remove some sticks, if you are using more than 2 GB of memory.

The PCI Device was 'JMicron JMB36X Controller", which installed from the CD.
You should check, if you really need this Controller. If not, you should disable it within the BIOS. Edited by Fernando 1

I'm having problems installing Windows XP Pro x64 on my system. I have two SATA drives set to dual boot, one has Ubuntu on it, the other did have Windows XP Pro 32bit on it but I wiped it and now want to put Windows XP Pro x64 on. I've followed the instructions on here but it still doesn't want to work. It just hangs at "Setup is starting windows". I've tried installing the SATA_IDE drivers by floppy, the SATARAID drivers by floppy and both together by floppy to no avail, I've tried using nlite to put them in, no luck there either. I've tried kicking the computer, unfortunately that didn't work, but it made me feel a little better :) I've got the latest drivers for my chipset (nforce 430/geforce 6100). I do know that if I place my Windows XP 32bit (SP3) disc in, it doesn't hang, its only the 64bit version that hangs.

My system is as follows:

Asus M2N-MX SE PLUS (newest bios)

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 4800+

2Gb DDR800 RAM (one stick)

2 x 80GB SATA HDD (Same make/model)

1 x 160GB EIDE HDD

Please help, its driving me nuts, if you need any more info, just let me know.

Edited by Theriex