Integration of NVIDIA's nForce RAID and AHCI drivers

Fernando 1

again Array degraded... :realmad:

i'm sick of it

Have you ever tried to disable the "write cashing" of your RAID drives? This setting has solved the RAID problems of several users.
tomorrow i'm gonna format the SO... so i can install the raid at the installation of XP..
That should be done before you start the XP installation.
Would you please explain me how to do? (to install the drivers at the installation)
Everything is explained within my guide (first post of this thread).
ps. windows xp sp3 is ok? or is better sp2?
Why SP2? If you do a fresh install, you should use the actual XP SP3 version from scratch.

how can i disable write cashing?
1. Open the "Disk Drives" section of the Device Manager.

2. Do a right-click onto the shown NVIDIA RAID device > "Properties" > "Policies".

Now you get the option to disable the "Write Cashing" of your RAIDed hdd's.

hello,

Nice for me to discover this forum.I have a laptop dv-6500 and i want to install windows xp on it.I need to know the drivers required for to do my slipstreaming.although have tried some but it seems not working.thanks...

I have a laptop dv-6500 and i want to install windows xp on it.I need to know the drivers required for to do my slipstreaming.although have tried some but it seems not working.
If you want help,you should give some more informations:

1. Which is the manufacturer (HP?) and which is the exact name of your laptop (Pavilion dv6500 CTO? HP has built different laptops of the "Pavilion dv-6500 Enternainment Notebook" series.)?

2. Do you know the vendor and name of the Southbridge chip, which is on the mainboard of your laptop? You may look into your manual of the laptop. Other option: If you should still have access to Vista, open the Device Manager" and look into the "IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers" and "Storage Controllers" sections for the names of the listed Controllers. This might us help finding the vendor and suitable SATA or RAID driver.

General notice:

You will not need to integrate any driver, if you run the SATA Controller of your laptop in "IDE/LEGACY mode". Enter the BIOS and search for an option like "native SATA Mode" or similar. This setting should be disabled, if you want to get XP installed without the currently enabled enhanced SATA settings.

CU

Fernando

I have a laptop dv-6500 and i want to install windows xp on it.I need to know the drivers required for to do my slipstreaming.although have tried some but it seems not working.
If you want help,you should give some more informations:

1. Which is the manufacturer (HP?) and which is the exact name of your laptop (Pavilion dv6500 CTO? HP has built different laptops of the "Pavilion dv-6500 Enternainment Notebook" series.)?

2. Do you know the vendor and name of the Southbridge chip, which is on the mainboard of your laptop? You may look into your manual of the laptop. Other option: If you should still have access to Vista, open the Device Manager" and look into the "IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers" and "Storage Controllers" sections for the names of the listed Controllers. This might us help finding the vendor and suitable SATA or RAID driver.

General notice:

You will not need to integrate any driver, if you run the SATA Controller of your laptop in "IDE/LEGACY mode". Enter the BIOS and search for an option like "native SATA Mode" or similar. This setting should be disabled, if you want to get XP installed without the currently enabled enhanced SATA settings.

CU

Fernandos

ok thanks.As per the bios there is no such settings that am very sure off.my laptop make is HP Pavilion Entertainment PC(dv 6500).whan i checked the IDE controllers from the device manager this what i saw(IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers) expanding a also saw(Intel® ICH8M SATA ACHI contrllers - 2829 and Intel® ICH8M Ultra ATA Storage Controllers - 2850.

whan i checked the IDE controllers from the device manager this what i saw(IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers) expanding a also saw(Intel® ICH8M SATA ACHI contrllers - 2829 and Intel® ICH8M Ultra ATA Storage Controllers - 2850.
Ok, this information helps much. Your laptop has an Intel ICH8M Southbridge and you will need the 32bit Intel textmode driver to get XP installed.

Consequence:

Instead of the NVIDIA ones (which is the topic of this thread) you have to integrate the Intel textmode drivers into the XP CD. You will find a guide and the suitable driver within the first post of this thread.

If you have any further questions, please post into the linked Intel textmode driver thread.

Good luck!

Fernando

whan i checked the IDE controllers from the device manager this what i saw(IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers) expanding a also saw(Intel® ICH8M SATA ACHI contrllers - 2829 and Intel® ICH8M Ultra ATA Storage Controllers - 2850.
Ok, this information helps much. Your laptop has an Intel ICH8M Southbridge and you will need the 32bit Intel textmode driver to get XP installed.

Consequence:

Instead of the NVIDIA ones (which is the topic of this thread) you have to integrate the Intel textmode drivers into the XP CD. You will find a guide and the suitable driver within the first post of this thread.

If you have any further questions, please post into the linked Intel textmode driver thread.

Good luck!

Fernando

hello,

I slipstreamed the drivers the drivers you mentioned.when i run the iso image my screen goes blank and nothing happens.thnaks.....

I slipstreamed the drivers the drivers you mentioned.when i run the iso image my screen goes blank and nothing happens.
Questions:

1. Are you sure, that you burnt the iso image correctly to get a bootable CD?

2. Have you set the CD/DVD drive as first bootable device within the BIOS?

3. Did you get the "Hit any key to start from CD/DVD" after trying to boot off the CD?

4. At which point of the XP installation did you get the blank screen (after having loaded the fist files, after having detected your hdd etc.)?

By the way: I asked you to post into this thread. This thread is just for users, who want to integrate the NVIDIA textmode drivers, but you are using the Intel ones.

Hello again

I would like ask you in that thread also the same question for the nvidia chipset drivers.

Which is most useful for laptops?

Can I integrate some of the packages(not all) in the same nlited XP CD?

Can I select all controllers in any driver that I integrate?

And last: Can I have the recommended for laptop nvidia drivers and the intell drivers in a single nlited XP CDROM?

If some questions are alredy answered in the start of this thread, just tell me to search there.

Edited by stsaerox

I want to ask you in that thread also the same question for the nvidia chipset drivers.

Which is most useful for laptops?

There is not 1 single driver (as for Intel systems), because nForce RAID systems need the SATARAID drivers, whereas the AHCI systems only will be detected, when the SATA_IDE TEXTMODE drivers are present.
Can I integrate some of the packages(not all) in the same nlited XP CD?
I do not recommend that. What you can do is to prepare 2 different Windows XP CD's, one with integrated SATARAID drivers and the other with integrated SATA_IDE drivers. The best suitable driver package for actual laptops will be NVIDIA's 15.25 driverset.
Can I select all controllers in any driver that I integrate?
Contrary to the Intel driver TEXTMODE integration you have only 2 options with RAID systems and just 1 with AHCI systems. You have to enable them, otherwise you won't get XP installed onto an nForce RAID/AHCI system.
Can I have the recommended for laptop nvidia drivers and the intell drivers in a single nlited XP CDROM?
You may try it, but I do not recommend that, because you may get problems with nForce RAID/AHCI systems, when you mix the drivers.

Additional informations:

1. The use of nLite is only allowed for private home users. You may not use nLite for business purposes.

2. If you want to create a Windows XP CD with a big variety of textmode drivers, you should not take nLite, but the DriverPacks.

Regards

Fernando

(sry for the english im italian)

i'm gonna format...

i have to put on a floppy the drivers of the raid... (so i click F6 during the star of installation)

what have i to put on that floppy?

on gigabyte website it gives me this file (for my GA-8N-SLI Pro)

NVIDIA MCP04 SATA/SATA RAID driver (Preinstall driver, press F6 during Windows* setup to read from floppy)

motherboard_driver_raid_nvidia_mcp04_bootdisk_xp.exe

i put this on the floppy?

or have i to put these "nForce LEGACY 699 for XP 32bit built by Fernando.zip"

i'm a little bit confused.. i have no time to integrate on the cd

Edited by RyvBoy

i have to put on a floppy the drivers of the raid... (so i click F6 during the star of installation)
The is the nLite Forum and not a Forum for users, who want to install Windows XP without using nLite.
on gigabyte website it gives me this file (for my GA-8N-SLI Pro)

NVIDIA MCP04 SATA/SATA RAID driver (Preinstall driver, press F6 during Windows* setup to read from floppy)

motherboard_driver_raid_nvidia_mcp04_bootdisk_xp.exe

i put this on the floppy?

If you want to use this driver, you have to unzip/execute the EXE file and put the drivers onto the floppy.
or have i to put these "nForce LEGACY 699 for XP 32bit built by Fernando.zip"
You can take any suitable driver you want. The drivers I have linked within the first post of this thread are optimized for being integrated into a bootable XP CD.

Hi there! :-)

I'm a little confused of which driver is best to include?

I have this board:

http://www.asus.com/product.aspx?P_ID=lco8...&templete=2

NVIDIA GeForce 8300 Chipset.

And I want to make a RAID 1 setup on XP PRO 32 bit, on two of these SATA drives:

http://www.samsung.com/us/consumer/detail/...odel_cd=HD501LJ

Edited by niknik