Integration of NVIDIA's nForce RAID and AHCI drivers

Fernando 1

Here is the blue Screen.

You think a chkdsk /f could resolve this ?

Another thing, in the console, with MAP i get that :

C: 100 Go

D: NTFS 300 Go

E: NTFS 300 Go

C: is no more specified with NTFS file system...

post-310454-0-57234600-1291197912_thumb.

Edited by manarbre

Hi,

Firstly - Fernando - in awe of your technical expertise, this forum is fantastic.

Saying that, I seem to have tried everything and still resulting in the 0x0000007b BSOD error after XP seems to install OK.

I have a Compaq Mini 311c-1101sa with the nVidia Ion LE chipset, trying to install slipstreamed XP (32-bit) from a USB drive (as no CD/DVD on the netbook).

Have tried to slipstream (using latest nLite) all the nForce textmode drivers (for AHCI) mentioned on the first page (v10.3.0.46, v11.1.0.43, and a few others) one at a time, all at once, and they seem to work, as in: the initial setup recognises there is a disk there and can install to it. Setup runs fine until final restart after install then the familiar 0x0000007b error pops up.

BIOS is typical HP crap - zero options for changing device modes IDE/SATA whatever. No additional drives in the machine (just the 160Gb one that comes with it), no overclocking set (can't anyway), RAM is fine (checked with Memtest).

Things I have tried: removing the added 2Gb RAM I put in upon buying (no difference), changing USB sticks (no difference), banging my head against a brick wall (bit of a long shot!).

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

James

Hey

I manage to save my RAID1. :w00t:

I decided to reinstall windows, and when windows asked wich disk I wanted to install, he saw that disk c: was already windows.

So he proposed me to repair it. I agree, and after a long long long reparation, he succeeded in repairing the disc.

Some skin and updates seems to be loosed, but all the system is like before, no soft installation, no lost files !!!

So it's good for me.

Thanx you Fernando for your efforts ! :thumbup

++

Hello James,

welcome at MSFN Forums!

I have a Compaq Mini 311c-1101sa with the nVidia Ion LE chipset, trying to install slipstreamed XP (32-bit) from a USB drive (as no CD/DVD on the netbook).

Have tried to slipstream (using latest nLite) all the nForce textmode drivers (for AHCI) mentioned on the first page (v10.3.0.46, v11.1.0.43, and a few others) one at a time, all at once, and they seem to work, as in: the initial setup recognises there is a disk there and can install to it. Setup runs fine until final restart after install then the familiar 0x0000007b error pops up.

Before I can give you any advice, I need some more informations:

1. Which nForce IDE driver folder did you integrate?

2. What makes you so sure, that your system needs an AHCI supporting nForce SATA driver?

3. Have you tried to boot off the original XP SP3 image without having integrated any nForce SATA driver? If yes, what happened?

4. Did you use a clean (=untouched) XP image as source? Is there a file named WINNT.SIF within the i386 directory?

5. Do you have a BIOS option "HARD DISK BOOT PRIORITY"? If yes, did you verify, that the SATA hdd has been on top, while you started the XP installation? Maybe the BIOS sees your USB drive as a hdd and has tried to install the OS onto it.

Regards

Fernando

@ manarbre:

Thank you for your feedback and your report about how you were able to solve your problem.

It's fine, that you saved your RAID1 at least without the necessity to do a complete reinstallation of the OS.

To be on the safe side in the future, I recommend to do a complete backup of your OS partition by using a tool like Acronis TrueImage.

Have fun with your repaired nForce RAID1 system!

Fernando

Hi Fernando, thanks for the quick reply.

1. Which nForce IDE driver folder did you integrate?

2. What makes you so sure, that your system needs an AHCI supporting nForce SATA driver?

3. Have you tried to boot off the original XP SP3 image without having integrated any nForce SATA driver? If yes, what happened?

4. Did you use a clean (=untouched) XP image as source? Is there a file named WINNT.SIF within the i386 directory?

5. Do you have a BIOS option "HARD DISK BOOT PRIORITY"? If yes, did you verify, that the SATA hdd has been on top, while you started the XP installation? Maybe the BIOS sees your USB drive as a hdd and has tried to install the OS onto it.

1. I slipstreamed the 32bit nForce SATA_IDE driver v10.3.0.46 WHQL for XP

2. This is the driver for the nVidia chipset as listed on the HP site (http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?os=228&lc=en&cc=uk&dlc=en&sw_lang=&product=4099494#N321)

3. I tried booting off the original XP SP3 image originally but it couldn't find a drive to install too.

4. It is a clean XP image yes, with WINNT.SIF in the i386 directory.

5. The boot priority of the BIOS is set to SATA hdd first, however I always have to bypass this to boot from USB (am using WinToFlash to transfer image to USB)

Additionally, I am sure about it installing to the SATA drive rather than USB as I can get into the recovery console and navigate the C: drive as well as the W: drive (USB).

Cheers,

James

Hello James,

thanks for answering my questions.

4. It is a clean XP image yes, with WINNT.SIF in the i386 directory.
Since there is a WINNT.SIF present, it is not an original source delivered by Microsoft.

The WINNT.SIF contains the informations about an unattended XP installation and will never be found within an original MS XP image. Where did you get the XP image from?

Maybe the WINNT.SIF contains the path to other mass storage drivers, which prevent the correct installation of the suitable nForce SATA driver onto your special system.

Regards

Fernando

Edited by Fernando 1

According to fernendo process I add Intel AHCI Intel driver it is working fine slipstream cd. but I also add nforce IDE AHCI latest driver but fails several times burning the disk. HDD not found after coping file in txt mode.I also manually add the txt driver in textsetup.oem and also by nlite but no success. I am using fresh copy Xp pro SP2 disk and XFX geforce 7100/nforce630i mother board. pls hel me to slip the drive.

N.B nvgts.sys file working if i use floppy by f6, but same file not working after slipstream.

N.B nvgts.sys file working if i use floppy by f6, but same file not working after slipstream.
This should be impossible, if you have done what I have written within my guide.

I suspect, that you didn't use an untouched XP CD image as source.

Regards

Fernando

This should be impossible, if you have done what I have written within my guide.

I suspect, that you didn't use an untouched XP CD image as source.

Regards

Fernando

I am using untouched xpsp3 cd. but my dought that that for two senario.

1. f6 content sys file and and catalog file but not set off dll files.

2. pnp set has all of them plus some set of dll files.

which will be more effectively for slipstream.