Integration of NVIDIA's nForce RAID and AHCI drivers

Fernando 1

Can you help with the txtsetup.sif and winnt.sif files for the whql certified drivers?
The last time I have manually edited these SIF files was in July 2005 and I didn't backup them. The actual TXTSETUP.SIF and WINNT.SIF files of my nLited XP CD wouldn't help you at all, because

a ) they contain a lot of other informations which are not useful for you and

b ) the WHQL driver integration method needs some other modifications done by nLite.

Thanks again, I'm trying both of the methods with the 6.53 raid driver floppy "minus raid tool" and the raidtreamer needs dot net as well, so I can't use it, that is untill I can get all these drivers and my cdburner in my brothers computer ;)

Edited by kodiggy

The nvraid 6.53? floppy was a no go, windows xp setup didn't see a hard drive after loading the drivers off the floppy... oh well. Now to take all these files/drivers/applications over to my brothers computer :)

One of the versions of the nvidia chipset pack download gives me a list of drives for the txtsetup portion of xp install, I'll try that one with Nlite after I figure out which version it was. Now I gotta go read the whql signed driver preperation guide :)

The nvraid 6.53? floppy was a no go, windows xp setup didn't see a hard drive after loading the drivers off the floppy... oh well.
I nearly cannot believe it, because the SataRaid drivers of the 6.53 package should run on every nForce4 RAID system.

Are you sure, that your BIOS settings are OK, your nForce RAID shown as "healthy" and set as bootable?

Which type (P-ATA, S-ATA1 or S-ATA2) and how many hard disk drives do you have in your system?

The nvraid 6.53? floppy was a no go, windows xp setup didn't see a hard drive after loading the drivers off the floppy... oh well.
I nearly cannot believe it, because the SataRaid drivers of the 6.53 package should run on every nForce4 RAID system.

Are you sure, that your BIOS settings are OK, your nForce RAID shown as "healthy" and set as bootable?

Which type (P-ATA, S-ATA1 or S-ATA2) and how many hard disk drives do you have in your system?

Currently I have a healthy and bootable RAID 0 array configured accros two identical wd250gb sata drives setup to use sata 1, they are sata2 drives that are jumpered to sata1. The array is working. I can use the hard disk utillities boot cd to partition and format the array, I have tried both fat 32 and ntfs with both the vista beta nvraid driver and the 6.53 nvraid driver. I have had some success getting the xp txt setup portion of the install to recognize the array and drive letters after formatting with the hard disk CD, then using either the driver that came on the motherboard disc, or the latest nvidia nforce driver pack on a floppy, I don't remember which one gave the bsod stop error but one of them allowed xp to install and start to load, it just went berzerk afterwards giving endless reboots. I am just not having any luck with the vista beta 2 drivers, or the 6.53 nvraid driver moved onto a floppy.

I have access to a windows xp machine with .net, so when I find the driver pack that recognises the raid array but gives reboots, rather than the stop error, I will try those drivers to make the unnatend slipstream disc with Nlite. I wish it was easier :P

(edit) So, with RAID enabled on all the drives in the bios, and using version 6.86 nvraid floppy f6 method, xp setup detected the RAID 0 array, and each partition, so I used those with Nlite and BINGO BANGO...

Some of the other drivers would only detect a C drive and some unused space. Decided to use the latest version that would find all of the partitions.

Thanks again for your time, even though I wasn't able to do this the first day with Nlite, eventually I got it done with Nlite.

Edited by kodiggy

I have access to a windows xp machine with .net, so when I find the driver pack that recognises the raid array but gives reboots, rather than the stop error, I will try those drivers to make the unnatend slipstream disc with Nlite. I wish it was easier :P

(edit) So, with RAID enabled on all the drives in the bios, and using version 6.86 nvraid floppy f6 method, xp setup detected the RAID 0 array, and each partition, so I used those with Nlite and BINGO BANGO...

Thanks again for your time, even though I wasn't able to do this the first day with Nlite, eventually I got it done with Nlite.

I am happy, that you succeeded at least, although you tried the really hard way..... :thumbup

• 3 weeks later...

Hello

I've been trying to use this guide to integrate the sata divers on a Windows XP Pro MCE but with no success...

I followed the "legacy" method for a nforce2 board.

The cd boots, setup starts, asks to press F6 (i do nothing) then F2, and then the weird part.. It shows this message:

Please insert the disk labeled

Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2 CD

into drive A:

*Press enter when ready.

any ideas..?

---------------------------

Update

Nevermind.. the problem seems to be with the copy of the XP MCE itself, not the integration process. I tryed to install using the floppy and hitting F6 and windows was unable to copy the drivers from the floppy during the installation process.. dunno why..

Edited by D_only_1

• 2 weeks later...

This thread seems to be the answer to my prayers. This is what happened last night when I built up my new system:

I got one of these boards last night:

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showp...rodid=MB-124-AB

as part of a new system. I have a problem trying to get RAID setup.

Built everything up, everything seems to work fine, POSTS no problem and detects all my peripherals.

So I decided to try and setup RAID on my two 250GB Barracudas and something went wrong...

I enabled RAID on SATA 1 and 2 in the BIOS, then rebooted, went into the RAID config BIOS and selected to use striping and created an array. Everything seemed fine, raid health is sound. Booted of an XP Pro CD and began setup, had a floppy disc in with the nvRAID drivers from the Abit homepage ready for when Windows asked for it.

So Windows setup starts, it said that I was required to install the RAID drivers (there were two options nvRAID and something else like mass storage drivers, it said they were both required). Formatted the disk as it appeared correctly as one logical drive, then windows began copying files and installing. After what looked like a succesful installation my machine reboot, showed the Loading Windows XP screen, then quickly flashed with a blue screen and reboot again. And again, and again, and again.

I cant see what the screen says because it flashes on and off so fast, the only thing i could make out was something like "problem with hard drive" even though both drives are there and correctly setup for raid.

Now I have no idea whats wrong. I also got a strange 'nee naw nee naw' siren sound sometimes when restarting. I do need to update to latest BIOS which I will do tonight but does anyone have any idea what could be wrong? Everything seems to be correctly installed.

Oh and also, should I delete the RAID array before flashing the BIOS?

Full system specs:

Abit Fatal1ty FP-IN9 SLi nForce 650 (Socket 775) PCI-Express DDR2

2 x Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 250GB SATA-II 16MB Cache

Crucial Ballistix 2GB (2x1GB) DDR2 PC2-5300C3 667MHz

Pioneer DVR-112DBK 18x18 DVD±RW Dual Layer ReWriter

Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 "LGA775 Conroe" 2.40GHz (1066FSB)

Corsair HX 520W ATX2.2 Modular SLI Compliant PSU

GeForce 8800GTS OC2 640MB PCIE

Thermaltake VC3000BWS Armour Jr SuperMidi Tower

I'm going to try and create an nLite installation tonight and see if that helps. Nice guide :thumbup

I've been trying to use this guide to integrate the sata divers on a Windows XP Pro MCE but with no success...

I followed the "legacy" method for a nforce2 board.

The cd boots, setup starts, asks to press F6 (i do nothing) then F2, and then the weird part.. It shows this message:

Please insert the disk labeled

Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2 CD

into drive A:

*Press enter when ready.

any ideas..?

---------------------------

Update

Nevermind.. the problem seems to be with the copy of the XP MCE itself, not the integration process. I tryed to install using the floppy and hitting F6 and windows was unable to copy the drivers from the floppy during the installation process.. dunno why..

Your are right. It seems, that a required file is missing on your nLited CD.

Look here:

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?s=&amp...st&p=156691

• 1 month later...
I enabled RAID on SATA 1 and 2 in the BIOS, then rebooted, went into the RAID config BIOS and selected to use striping and created an array. Everything seemed fine, raid health is sound. Booted of an XP Pro CD and began setup, had a floppy disc in with the nvRAID drivers from the Abit homepage ready for when Windows asked for it.

So Windows setup starts, it said that I was required to install the RAID drivers (there were two options nvRAID and something else like mass storage drivers, it said they were both required). Formatted the disk as it appeared correctly as one logical drive, then windows began copying files and installing. After what looked like a succesful installation my machine reboot, showed the Loading Windows XP screen, then quickly flashed with a blue screen and reboot again. And again, and again, and again.

I cant see what the screen says because it flashes on and off so fast, the only thing i could make out was something like "problem with hard drive" even though both drives are there and correctly setup for raid.

Now I have no idea whats wrong. I also got a strange 'nee naw nee naw' siren sound sometimes when restarting. I do need to update to latest BIOS which I will do tonight but does anyone have any idea what could be wrong? Everything seems to be correctly installed.

Look into the first post of this thread and then you will recognise the reason for your problem. You have to integrate the nForce SataRaid drivers into the XP CD.
I'm going to try and create an nLite installation tonight and see if that helps.
That is exactly what I have recommended within the first post of this thread!

• 2 weeks later...
sounds very stupid but where do i find my nvraid bios?? -- someone said the second screen is it the MediaShield bios versison?
Yes, the MediaShield (=nVRaid BIOS) version is normally shown at the second bootscreen. You have to look quickly, because the screen is only shown for a short moment. Edited by Fernando 1

Just a quick question:

I couldn't see the info for my particular setup. I just have a single ATA133 200 GB drive. I have an nforce4 ultra chipset. Do I need to carry out the special intergration process for the nvidia drivers, and which ones do I use if I dont want SATA or RAID?

I have disabled RAID and SATA in the bios.

Separately, I intergrated SP2 with a release version of an OEM CD. But XP setup doesn't recognise the 200 GB (It still quotes a 131072 MB size). I can't find a way to make it recognise it. I'd prefer to use a single partition if possible. Though that should be in a different thread. Will post it later. Thanks in advance!

I couldn't see the info for my particular setup. I just have a single ATA133 200 GB drive. I have an nforce4 ultra chipset. Do I need to carry out the special intergration process for the nvidia drivers, and which ones do I use if I dont want SATA or RAID?
If you don't need any nForce IDE (S-ATA/Raid) drivers, you can integrate the nForce Ethernet and Audio drivers as PnP drivers.

This thread was started to help users with an nForce SataRaid system. That is the reason why you didn¨t find the requested informations.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello everyone. I have a M2N32-SLI (nForce 590 SLI) motherboard, and I've followed the installation directions given at the first page of this thread, and using the latest drivers for it (6.67 WHQL). I've added the drivers on text mode, the installation works well and everything, but after install, and while loading I'm getting a fast reboot.

Choosing the F8 option to not restart on fail, shows up a BSOD, with the following: *** STOP: 0x0000007B (0xFFFFFADFE480F3C0,0xFFFFFFFFC0000034,0x0000000000000000,0x0000000000000000)

Anyone can help me with this? I've tried reading the other pages in this thread but its sooo huge! (almost 60 pages!).

Any help/comment/tip is appreciated, thanks in advance! ;)