Integration of NVIDIA's nForce RAID and AHCI drivers

Fernando 1

@ TheSarge:

Did you succeed or not?

You only can help other users, if you are posting what you have done and the results of your efforts.

@kunstlerleben:

What are you going to do?

Maybe you should try to get help somewhere else, because your problem has nothing to do with the integration of the nForce drivers.

@ TheSarge:

Did you succeed or not?

You only can help other users, if you are posting what you have done and the results of your efforts.

@kunstlerleben:

What are you going to do?

Maybe you should try to get help somewhere else, because your problem has nothing to do with the integration of the nForce drivers.

Sorry, been busy with work. Haven't had a chance to try another go at making an nLite. Will report back when I do, don't worry.

Hey fernando, turns out wasnt a slipstream issue at all - hadta do a proper format of hardrives then used un slipstreamed disc to install and voila. Thankyou for your time though, many regards.
Thanks for your report clearing up, that your issue had nothing to do with the integration of the nForce IDE drivers into a bootable XP CD.

• 3 weeks later...

Fernando1 - you're my guru now ;):whistle:

THANKS A LOT for your effort with this GREAT JOB. I've just set up the new Win XP on Gigabyte N650SLI-DS4 with stripping RAID. I've just followed the instruction and everything looks fine. I've been trying many times before but w/o success. I asked the supplier service - no idea how to solve it/back to supplier return option only.

Im installing the soft now. THANKS AGAIN! :thumbup

Greg

• 2 weeks later...
THANKS A LOT for your effort with this GREAT JOB. I've just set up the new Win XP on Gigabyte N650SLI-DS4 with stripping RAID. I've just followed the instruction and everything looks fine. I've been trying many times before but w/o success. I asked the supplier service - no idea how to solve it/back to supplier return option only.

Im installing the soft now. THANKS AGAIN!

Just wanted to Say THANK YOU SO MUCH. Your solution worked flawlessly for me.

I joined today just so I could thank you.

You are welcome.

It makes me happy, that my guide works and that I could help you!

CU

Fernando

Why doesn't my icon appear to the left of my post?
Just retry it.

In case anyone tries using a ASUS M2NBP-VM CSM The drivers that you need are the ones under "any nforce chipset"

That was the toughest part for me. Figuring out which drivers to get.

Still no icon? I resized it.....

Edited by Reiley321

In case anyone tries using a ASUS M2NBP-VM CSM The drivers that you need are the ones under "any nforce chipset"

That was the toughest part for me. Figuring out which drivers to get.

Thanks for this additional remark. This may help other users with the same mainboard.
Still no icon?
You certainly mean the avatar, don't you?

I've been searching for a long time to solve my Nforce4 problems.

I was really excited finding a possible solution, but after burning 5 setup CD'S I started wondering does this solution actually works?

Well perhaps I am doing something wrong....?

My system:

Motherboard: Asus A8N SLI Deluxe Nforce 4 (newest BIOS)

Processor: AMD Opteron 165

Memory: 4x 512MB

RAID: 4x 160 PATA RAID 0+1 Array (Healthy)

Hopefully somebody can tell me what I do wrong if I explain all steps I took creating a setup CD.

01. Downloaded Nlite (newest version)

02. Downloaded Vistabeta2 drivers (also tried other drivers mentioned in the tutorial)

03. Copied all content of my Windows 2003 installation CD by using Nlite

04. Selected "insert drivers" and "create bookable Setup CD"

Inserted "nforce_vista32beta2_english\IDE\driver\legacÿ" "Textmode driver" (in my last attempt)

05. verified changes and burned the CD directly by using Nlite.

06. insert CD, run setup

The result, the 4 hard disk drives installed are still shown separately. (it should be one partition of 300GB)

One thing I have to mention, is it really necessary to slipstream SP2 into the Windows 2003 setup CD? So far I haven't done.

Can somebody give me tell me what I am doing wrong?

I've been searching for a long time to solve my Nforce4 problems.

I was really excited finding a possible solution, but after burning 5 setup CD'S I started wondering does this solution actually works?

Well perhaps I am doing something wrong....?

I don't see any obvious mistake.
Hopefully somebody can tell me what I do wrong if I explain all steps I took creating a setup CD.

02. Downloaded Vistabeta2 drivers (also tried other drivers mentioned in the tutorial)

Inserted "nforce_vista32beta2_english\IDE\driver\legacÿ" "Textmode driver" (in my last attempt)

I would recommend to take the nForce IDE drivers v.6.99. They are supporting nForce4 PataRaid and are designed to be used with Windows Server 2003.

Try to integrate the WHQL signed nForce IDE drivers v.6.99 by loading the SATARAID folder as textmode and the SATA_IDE folder as PnP driver.

If you don't succeed this way, take the modded LEGACY folder of the 6.99 drivers.

One thing I have to mention, is it really necessary to slipstream SP2 into the Windows 2003 setup CD? So far I haven't done.
You should do it, although I don't think, that this will have any influence on the detection of your RAID devices.

Side note: You may have realised, that you have done a double post. Please save the space of this thread by editing one of the posts, deleting the whole text and just writing "double post".

I would recommend to take the nForce IDE drivers v.6.99. They are supporting nForce4 PataRaid and are designed to be used with Windows Server 2003.

Try to integrate the WHQL signed nForce IDE drivers v.6.99 by loading the SATARAID folder as textmode and the SATA_IDE folder as PnP driver.

If you don't succeed this way, take the modded LEGACY folder of the 6.99 drivers.

The FSC_NVIDIA_SATA_RAID folder contains:

ATABUSDRV (textmode) type SCSI

RAIDCLASS (textmode) type SCSI

I can only select them to be both either TEXT MODE or PNP MODE.

The FSC_NVIDIA_SATA_IDE folder contains:

PNP type HDC

By selecting these drivers the problems still exists.

The Windows setup shows my hard drives separately.

Please have a look at this screen shot:

Nlite_driver_selection.JPG

Tomorrow I will try the Legacy modded drivers.

Edited by FLiPPie

The FSC_NVIDIA_SATA_RAID folder contains:

ATABUSDRV (textmode) type SCSI

RAIDCLASS (textmode) type SCSI

I can only select them to be both either TEXT MODE or PNP MODE.

You have to select both and to integrate them as TEXTMODE driver.
The FSC_NVIDIA_SATA_IDE folder contains:

PNP type HDC

That is correct.
By selecting these drivers the problems still exists.

The Windows setup shows my hard drives separately.

Please have a look at this screen shot:

The screenshot looks perfect and I nearly cannot believe, that Windows Setup doesn't detect your RAID device and your RAID partitions correctly with these slipstreamed drivers.

Further questions:

Are the 4 hard disk drives of your RAID completely detected within the BIOS?

Have you set your RAID array as bootable within the RAID utility and the RAID as first bootable hard disk within the BIOS?

Do you have partitioned and NTFS formatted the RAID array?

Do you have slipstreamed SP2 into the OS CD?