That is an interesting idea to integrate 2 different nForce SATARAID drivers into the same XP CD, one for the LEGACY Mode nForce 2-4 systems and the other for the more actual nForce RAID systems (by the way: AHCI support will not work with them).
I want to build an XPSP3 installation disc which can support a wide variety of nForce-based systems. Ideally, I would like to integrate both LEGACY and the 220.127.116.11 drivers onto a single disc. Apart from me having to edit the INF/OEM files accordingly (to eliminate dupe entries), are there any drawbacks?
Although I am always warning to integrate more than 1 textmode driver of the same chipset vendor into a Windows XP CD, this special combination may work:
- modded LEGACY folder v6.99 and
- modded SATARAID folder v9.99.09
Reason for being optimistic, that it will work:
Since the SATA and RAID drivers of both driver versions have different names, they will not be overwritten while nLite is copying them into the i386 directory of the CD.
- Although I do not know, if it is really needed, you should erase double HardwareID entries from the INF and OEM files before integrating them to avoid any interfering acts while doing the Windows Setup. If you want, I can help you to do it.
- Please give us a feedback, if that worked, because this might be interesting for other users too.
- If you should not succeed with this procedure, you may use the DriverPacks method (>Link<), but this will not work with nLite.
Edited by Fernando 1, 20 January 2010 - 04:31 AM.