• Announcements

• xper

MSFN Sponsorship and AdBlockers!   07/10/2016

Dear members, MSFN is made available via subscriptions, donations and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, become a site sponsor and ads will be disabled automatically and by subscribing you get other sponsor benefits.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hohner

Xplode select install - one level tree

3 posts in this topic

Hi,

I'm interested in creating a 'one level tree' in my select install. For example, one of the buttons on the left could be 'registry entries', when clicked, you would be presented with a tree on the right side containing various parent groups.. eg explorer mods, ie mods, system mods etc. OR when the 'registry entries' button is clicked it would load a custom xml for registry entries.

One way I thought that I could achieve this is to have a main xml (selectinstall.xml), then child xmls for each button. The problem is I am not too sure on how to call child xmls from within the parent and how to enable a 'return' feature.

I'm sure this would have been covered before but I've searched extensively and have found only this post http://www.msfn.org/board/lofiversion/index.php/t42941.html but I'm not exactly sure its what I'm looking for.

If the method in this post is what I need, where exactly in the xml do I call the child xml?

Thanks for helping.

You can't "call" a child XML. You'd need to use an <include> tag, which loads whatever's in the XML at the start of XPlode's execution, or you chain multiple XPlode instances, so XPlode runs another copy of itself, but with another XML.

Ahhh, thanks Wraith. I'll give it a try.

When I'm finished my new UAXP CD I will be post my xmls for the aid of others.

Edit: I maybe mistaken but I don't think the <include> tag is incorporated with xplode 4.1, nevermind... I've just bought myself an unrestricted license. I look forward to future xplode versions.

Thanks for providing a fine program Wraith =D

Edited by hohner