Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

slipstream Office 2003 SP1 & rebuild CD

* * * * * 6 votes

• Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

Historic

Historic

• 25 posts
What I meant was that after all the 5 cd's are done re-cabbing and deleting extra files, the final size of all 5 folders is way above 700mb (Dont actually remember the exact size). So to burn all the 5 folders on 1 cd, the source folder containing all 5 folders is scanned for and optimized by cdimage.exe

Now I dont know if you made any change to sort2cab.js regarding the compression max-lzma or default ms-zip but for me the size is exactly 699mb for sp1 (And I put in autorun files etc.. and its 702mb and sizeon cd-disk is 703mb)

I cant figure out what I did wrong to not the size of 540mb like you did.
Any way this question is not important now as I already have an sp2 cd with final size of 679mb (incl. 2-3mb of autorun etc.)

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

Historic

Historic

• 25 posts
Regarding the setup.xml, if you look at ocw10.xml, ocw11.xml and pro11.xml, get more idea that product id is the msi gui-id.
e.g. if pro11.msi has the product id of xyz when viewed through orca, the pro11.xml should have the product id of xyz.
similarly for owc10 and owc11.
Source id, is the same as product id, maybe a "close xml parsing" statement?
DownloadCode in .xml is the folder name inside msocache where the files will be cached. For my enhancements purposes, including rhd & sounds, kept the download-code the same as pro11 productid, so that files get cached in the same folder as office cache.

Guest_fuksas_*

Guest_fuksas_*
  • Guests
As For Proofing Tools vs sp2 edit with orca Directory table:
directory:
CWUBI86HelpMidFolder.3630F825_EED5_11D3_91FE_00AA0059F9F6
change defaultdir to:
.:WUBI86
directory:
WordBreakerFolder.31D1FCD7_F3CA_4A73_B34D_CA95CAEAB62E
change defaultdir to:
WORDBRKR

dziubek

dziubek

Friend of HFSLIP

• PipPip
  • 232 posts
@marek722

When you plane updated your guide for Office 2003 SP2? :)

BTW Good work :thumbup
dziubek
Posted Image

marek722

marek722

• 12 posts

When you plane updated your guide for Office 2003 SP2? :)

when next version is ready :D

Havn't slipstreamed SP2 till now but it should work the same way as SP1.

Zxian

Zxian

Scroll up - see the Google bar?

• Super Moderator
  • 5,066 posts
This is just bizarre...I've done exactly everything as per the guide (several times) and I still don't get even an option to cache the installer files. The check box in the last window of the installation page doesn't exist, just as if I had performed an administrative install (which I haven't).

I've used tCP's batch file to perform the post-cabbing clean up. When all is said and done, the final directory for CD1 is 399MB and the install works as normal (installs without errors) except for that annoying little non-existant check box.

Historic

Historic

• 25 posts
Zxian do you have enough HDD space on virtual pc ?
I ran my tests on virtual pc initially and there was no cache folder
and no option to enable/delete cache as well. As I had setup minimum
required space to run test on virtual pc.

I installed on "real" system and everything went ok
with msocahce folder created with properly cached files/cabinets.
(Using enhanced setup.exe with enforcecahe=true command passed)

Here are my final sizes for all to reference using sp2.
There is no need for a separate guide for sp2, just follow the initial guide and
it works sp2 as well.

frontpage=189 MB (198,405,064 bytes) 94 files,14 folders
office11=400 MB (420,474,476 bytes) 151 files,19 folders
(this has additional remove hidden data tool, office sounds, outlook personal folder backup
extras included for each extra theres 1 extra folder and 3 files, + the original msi's
which comes to 13 extra files and 3 extra folders)
onenote=67.8 MB (71,124,549 bytes) 53 files,12 folders
project=119 MB (125,037,522 bytes) 107 files,18 folders
visio=219 MB (230,668,792 bytes) 126 files,14 folders.

Zxian

Zxian

Scroll up - see the Google bar?

• Super Moderator
  • 5,066 posts
Yup... the VM has plenty of free space on the hard drive (3.5GB should be enough.. right? ;))

I'll give it a shot on a real computer tonight though. We'll see if that works. *crosses fingers*

FaceMouth

FaceMouth

What the hell is this thing?

• Pip
  • 71 posts

post #18, FaceMouth:

"Also, I am not able to make an admin install point with this version, and I think I will have to manually install my key, not sure if it is going to work in the mst file."

Strange, tested it and worked fine with 5in1sp1 (no other hotfixes). Looked like the original. Seems that more testing is needed and a new version including a framework for the main routines to make all easier ...

I just realized you left this post or I would have replied earlier.

My version is not the full package 5 disk. It's just a single trial disk I bought through school. The 5 disk set is the only one you are able to make an admin install point with (I know there is another thread relating to how to change the install options).

Anyway, I haven't really been playing with this much lately. I think I might work on my unattend disk more this week. School has been busy, but next week looks like a light work load.

I do have the 5 disk set, I really don't need all these programs though, and the academic version was more of a challenge. There are other things I want to work on also, so I am just going to add some of the programs from 5 disk set and move on to other stuff.

I know this was a long winded babbling poet, I got up at 5 after sleeping only 3 hours. Insomnia sucks lol

thanks again for a great guide

I think this guide would be a great sticky as well !!

Edited by FaceMouth, 23 October 2005 - 05:53 AM.

Bleach gets you young, so I've been told. Cause no one who drinks it lives to get old.

suicidal_orange

suicidal_orange
  • 3 posts
Great guide, thought I was gonna manage SP2 on my first go, but no.

Shortly (about a minute) after running sort2cabs.js it errors

md5sum: SETUP.EXE: no such file or directory
the file is there, any suggestions? I'm running a fresh install of winXP sp2 if that makes any difference

Thanks in advance,

Suicidal_Orange

Stellar7

Stellar7
  • 1 posts
Hi all,

First, thanks a lot to marek722 for is wonderful process and also TCP for is "delete batch" :thumbup

I have followed carefully the instructions to build both "SP2 slipstreamed CDs" and "SP2 slipstreamed AIO CD" of my French Office 2003. Everything went fine during the process (no error from msiexec or from the .js script) and after the "delete batch" I get some SP2 CDs or an AIO CD which looks quite OK.

However when I try to install the five programs I get the following:

Office: NOK (Quickly, before asking for any serial number, I get a popup with "Error 2715. An internal error has occured (IPMAIN11.AW_1036)". Then the installation process is cancelled.

Project/Visio: NOK (Idem, with "Error 2715. An internal error has occured (F346 msdapml.dll.E8D71C4B_62C9_4D1B_A02F_C916CAE50331)". Then the installation process is cancelled.

Frontpage/Onenote: OK (Installation is OK, and programs seems to run OK).

Looks very strange, isn't it? :}

I have repeated marek722 process twice, being very carefully not to forget anything, but I get always this results, whatever on single or AIO built CDs.

Any idea why I get those weird errors on 3 out of 5 office 2003 components...? Could it be something linked to the fact I am doing it with a French Office 2003 + French SP2? Anything which could be language specific?

Thanks in advance,

Stellar7.

polysulfide

polysulfide
  • 1 posts
ON CAHCED INSTALL and Administrative Install Points
---------------------------------------------------

Microsoft has 2 differnt strategies for patching Office 2003.

1) Optomized for high-availability LAN

2) Optomized for low-availability LAN, slow-links, mobile, etc.

Option 1 and Option 2 are mutually exclusive. You must use one or the other.
http://www.microsoft...ade_5.mspx#EEAA

Option 2 assumes you don't have a lot of bandwidth available and/or that you may be without LAN connectivity from time to time. It compensates for this with LIS (Local Install Sources). LIS keeps a copy of the media on your Local system. The patching stratergy here is based on the same assumption, no connectivity. This istall method favors patches and hotfixes. These are small and install individually. This is the right choice for mobile users or users with slow links.

Option 1 assumes you have a reasonably fast network available all the time. In this situation the network sources are updated en mass. The large scale changes can be easily pushed to the client without as much worry over validation and traffic interruption. THAT is why you can make an administrative install point and install SP1 or SP2 to it.

Once again, Option 1 and Option 2 are mutually exclusive. Therefore if you create an Administrative install point and slipstream it, you have chosen Option 1 and cannot benefit from LIS (Cached install)

On another note: Only Volume License copies of Office can be used for an Administrative install point. You can't buy it in the store and do these procedures.

Now what's my motivation in all this? I'm hoping somebody out there will prove me wrong and show me how to slipstream an SP2 install then repackage it to a compressed CD image that is capable of utilizing the LSI model. Like the rest of you, I want the best of both worlds.

paulvanleemput

paulvanleemput
  • 4 posts
Nice guide. I'm sure i would give it a try to replace my chained instal i have now.
But i still have some questions:
is it also possible to integrate mui Packs in the installation sources?
Or must i keep these installed with chained install?
And how should I slipstream updates for the MUI packs?

On the moment i have problems with the installation log. If i use the runonceEx command
HKLM,"%RunOnceEx%\install20",1,,"%11%\msiexec.exe /i %CDROM%\Apps\InstallOffice2003\pro11.msi TRANSFORMS="""%CDROM%\Apps\InstallOffice2003\Custom_Setup_1.MST""" /qr /lpiwae """%logdir%\Office Setup(*).log""" "

marek722

marek722

• 12 posts
Hello world :)

... just realized, that the thread-tracker is purged when no activity is seen - not good!

So here are some good news: finally I found a solution to use the update web pages from microsoft after slipstreaming (better say I managed to convice Office Update to accept my slipstreamed OFF2003SP1 and not to identify it as a administrative version). Looks like approaching the aim :thumbup and going to build a slipstreamed Office 2003 that will act like the original release version. What's still broken are version numbers in the slipstreamed .msi - actually working on this.

Next steps will be: extend the scripts for easier use, include new changes, test a bit, rewrite the guide and give the code to you for more tests. Stay tuned and patient - this project consumes a lot more time than I can afford.

@paulvanleemput:
Can't test MUI version, but maybe it will work when the integration of other patches after the service packs will work. But this will be interesting after service pack slipstreaming is functional.

@polysulfide:
This project may proof that you are wrong. For instance LIS is already working after slipstreaming SP1. Don't know if I will succeed but I'm trying :yes:

@Stellar7:
hmm, looks like missing files. Maybe the new scripts will fix this, otherwise more investigations are nessessary.

@suicidal_orange:
still not tested SP2 cause all seems useless to me, if windows update/office update won't work.

@FaceMouth:
slipstreaming should not change admin install routines in the .msi, in other words if it worked before it should work after too. But I did not read the whole install routines.

next news should include success on updating a slipstreamed SP1 via windows update B)

AndrewNi

AndrewNi

• 15 posts
I must be doing something wrong... will anyone lend me a hand? I'm using SP2, but I figured as other people have had success there must be some way of getting it to work.

I've tried both methods; 1 CD at a time and all 5 in one directory and both have had quirks.

1 CD at a time results in successful completion of sort2cabs.js and when I go to install the program it usually works. But under some configurations (such as installing Frontpage before Office) I'll get an error saying a CAB file was not found, and when I point it to that file it refuses to have it. Also, on a successful installation ticking the box to delete installation files does nothing (i.e. it doesn't remove the cabs in MSOCache).

5 in 1 is strange because at the end when it tries to calculate the MD5 sums of the cabinets it fails to find one and stops with an object error.

I might try SP1 to see if it makes a difference, but I think I'll wait for this project to ferment a bit futher first :)

EDIT: With a bit more toying around I've finally managed to make the beef stew method work. The same error occured as last time (just after cab creation is completed) but I decided to comment out the cab compression bit and run the script again, where it continued on as if the error didn't exist.

Cache options don't appear much like Zxian was describing, but I used the enhanced setup thingy with enforcecache=true and that allowed me to cache them.

Anyway thanks for the script marek722 :thumbup

Edited by AndrewNi, 22 November 2005 - 03:53 PM.

wachkar

wachkar
  • 2 posts
I've just finished working with this slipsteaming method.
The results were great: I did it with SP2, it worked great. I did it also for MUI with SP2 and also wotked great.
The size of Office has shrinked by 2 MB; the size of MUI has become bigger by 7 MB.
I used the method 1 CD at a time.
NB: the file "finish_slipstream.bat" worked fine with Office but failed with MUI (it deleted all the contents), so I did it manually.
Great tool Marek722. :thumbup Waiting for new updates from you.

wachkar

wachkar
  • 2 posts
Great News:
I created AIO CD (Office Pro, Frontpage, Visio, Project and MUI Arabic). Note that Office Pro contains (Access, Frontpage, Excel, Word, Powerpoint, InfoPath, Onenote, Outlook, Publisher) with SP2 for all of them.
The CD size 640MB and down to 596MB if using CDIMAGE (-o) option to optimize duplicate files B)
- 1st I compared the contents of the Office 2003 Pro CD with both the contents of Visio 2003 and Project 2003 and MUI Arabic CD. I found many common files including cabs on all these CDs.
- I moved the contents of them to their corresponding common folder with a unique change: renaming the "setup.exe" and its corresponding ".ini" file in \Files\Setup folder. For Example setupvis.exe and setupvis.ini for Visio instead of setup.exe and setup.ini (just not to conflict each setup of them)
- I downloaded the latest "setup.exe" from microsoft website and replaced each "setup???.exe" file by the new downloaded file.
- I had to leave one copy of the original "setup.exe" as it's used during this guide
- I've got an oringinal AIO CD without any SP or hotfix for it with a total size of 649 MB.
- I followed the guide of Marek722 to end up with the above result.

- I made the same test after including my "*.mst" files and end up also with a positive result.

- I checked for the updates on the microsoft website for all the installed applications: I just found these 2 hotfixes not installed:
* Update for Outlook 2003 Junk Email Filter (KB907492)
* Update for Office 2003 (KB907417)
and this is obviously true as these 2 hotfixes were not included in the SP2 release.

I'm planning to integrate them using the same method.

I can assure you that this guide works properly with SP2 instead of SP1.

Great work Marek722

Edited by wachkar, 23 November 2005 - 08:51 AM.

Siginet

Siginet

Windows XP PowerPacker Creator

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 739 posts
Hmmm... whenever I try to do this I get an error after a while that says:

md5sum: ZE561406.CAB No such file or directory

Error: [object Error]

Any ideas what may cause this?

I am using a SP1 disk to begin with... and I slipstreamed the SP2 files to it.

Could this error be because I am starting with SP1 instead of a disk that has no SP?

This looks very interesting... but I am having no luck so far. :wacko:

Edit: Well... It looks like that error is normal. :) I went ahead and finished the tutorial and everything seems to be working fine! :D
Thanks a lot!! This is awsome! It is a pretty confusing tutorial... but it does work. One thing missing from the tutorial is to make sure you copy the setup.exe file to the SORT directory. ;)

Edited by Siginet, 24 November 2005 - 03:55 AM.

Posted Image
For those of you interested in my next software venture you can check it out here:
www.ITTechware.com

GurliGebis

GurliGebis

• 11 posts
I tried this with the danish version of office 2003 with SP2.
It works well, until I have to run the sort2cabs.js file, and it tells me to update the MSI files with the new tables. The problem is, that there is no new files to import, the sort directory contains no subfolders.

Any ideas?

btw. looking forward to an updated guide that doesn't require ORCA.

ykaramati2

ykaramati2
  • 8 posts
marek722 thanks a lot!! That's work!

Edited by ykaramati2, 13 December 2005 - 09:38 AM.

hohner

hohner

Junior

• Pip
  • 88 posts

5. Open a command line (cmd) and change path to X:\office2003\sort. Start sort2cabs using folling syntax:CODEcscript sort2cabs.js
for successful completion md5sum.exe and makecab.exe should be placed in a directory listed in the path variable! ok, time for a cup of coffee

Can you be a little more specific on which directory to place the makecab.exe and md5sum.exe? Should they be placed in the SORT folder?

6. When the script stops you have to replace some tables in your msi packages. Use ORCA for this task:
- open zzz.msi with ORCA (replace zzz with msi package names)
- import tables called *.new.idt from X:\office2003\sort\zzz, replace the old ones, do not merge
- save (this is important, too)
now the script may continue (this stop is necessary for calculating the md5sums for the xml files)

I did not find any tables called *.new.idt, only the original table names were found.

7. That's nearly all, now copy the xml files from X:\office2003\sort to X:\office2003\FILES\SETUP, restore the backed up ini files in X:\office2003\FILES\SETUP and delete all files that were not originally on the office cd (ok, i wrote a bat file for copying all files to another location, which files are necessary you'll see on your cd ). Burn your new Office 2003 on a CD labeled 'OFFICE11'

I cannot restore all of the backed up ini files to X:\office2003\FILES\SETUP because I have 1 file from each of the 5 office discs, and these are all called setup.ini. They have the same name.

Help appreciated.

AndrewNi

AndrewNi

• 15 posts
Hi hohner, this process can be a bit confusing at first and usually takes a few tries. :)

Can you be a little more specific on which directory to place the makecab.exe and md5sum.exe? Should they be placed in the SORT folder?

Put them in the path variable, as suggested. If you're not sure what's in your path variable, you can just put the files in the Windows folder (i.e. C:\WINDOWS or C:\WINNT) as that's always in the path.

I did not find any tables called *.new.idt, only the original table names were found.

There was probably an error somewhere, try it again after moving the two executables above. The cabbing and MD5Summing should take a small while before it prompts you.

I cannot restore all of the backed up ini files to X:\office2003\FILES\SETUP because I have 1 file from each of the 5 office discs, and these are all called setup.ini. They have the same name.

Somewhere in the thread was the answer to that. For each setup.ini, rename it to setupxxx.ini, where 'xxx' is an abbreviation of the application. So, for example, Frontpage could be called 'setupfpg.ini'. For each ini file, you will need to make a copy of setup.exe and rename that accordingly. So for our 'setupfpg.ini' file, we'll have a 'setupfpg.exe' installer in the main directory.

For the Main Office 'suite', keep the original names 'setup.ini' and 'setup.exe'.

AgentZero

AgentZero
  • 1 posts
I have many, many question that I hope someone can help me answer. I keep trying and rereading everything but can't seem to understand it all. So here goes, sorry for the long post.

I am only testing this on the Visio CD first and am assuming that if I can do it with one CD the others should be able to be done in the same way. I am using WinXP. I am attempting this with SP2, using the correct full file updates for each program. In the end I want to make the AIO CD with a program in each file instead of the beef stew method.

I am correct that to remove the read only and hidden attributes from the files you do this after the admin install buy right clicking on the directory and unchecking those to boxes?

#1 in the instructions say to copy cd contents to the HD, I thought the only way to be able to slipstream was by doing and admin install, is this correct? If I just copy the CD contents to the HD the SP cant' update because the files are still in the cabs, correct?

#4 in the instructions say to get the XML files from the HD but when i do and admin install there is only the setup.ini in that folder and no XML files. I have to copy the XML file from that directory on the CD and put it in the sort folder. Is this ok, or am i supposed to have the XML files where the instructions say to get them from?

#4 in the instructions say to edit the tabledirs.lst and xmlfiles.lst to meet my needs. Does this mean to edit it so that the tabledir.lst says e.g. C:\Visio\sort\vispro? Or does it just mean to have the name already like it has them but keep the ones for what you are doing and comment(#) out the others?

the first few times i ran the script it did not make the cabs. After looking at the script and comparing it to the file names that ORCA exported the tables as I noticed they were different(e.g. Componen.idt, Director.idt, CabinetD.idt, the File.idt and Media.idt were correct). Did i do something wrong, miss something or does ORCA actually export the table names incorrectly?

does the msi need to be anywhere specific? i just left it where the admin install put it.

in post #45 Siginet says that the setup.exe needs to be in the sort folder, is the correct? it wasn't in the original instructions and others seemed to have got it to work without supposedly knowing about this, so does it actually need to be placed here?

so when i get things to sort of work it makes all the cabs and then i think it starts to calculate the md5's and i get this error.

----------------------------------------------------

creating J5614D01.CAB:

Microsoft ® Cabinet Maker - Version 5.1.2600.0
Copyright © Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved..

43,576 bytes in 1 files
Total files: 1
Bytes before: 43,576
Bytes after: 15,490
After/Before: 35.55% compression
Time: 0.09 seconds ( 0 hr 0 min 0.09 sec)
Throughput: 472.83 Kb/second
calculating md5 for O1561403.CAB (12936423):
md5sum: O1561403.CAB: No such file or directory

C:\Visio\sort>
------------------------------------------

Where are the cabs supposed to be put when they are made?

For me they are, in in this case, in C:\Visio. If i move them to the sort folder and run the script again it again puts the cabs in C:\Visio but it gets past this part seeming only because I have moved the cabs to the sort folder.
Should I have to move the cabs?

It makes the new CabinetDetail.idt. I then edit the VISPRO.MSI in ORCA and hit enter to continue the script and get this error.

-----------------------------------------------
xml files found: VISPRO.XML
modifying VISPRO.XML
md5sum: AER_1033.ADM: No such file or directory

C:\Visio\sort>
--------------------------------------

Two things here:

1. I compare the supposedly modified VISPRO.XML with the original and they are both the same. What needs to happen for the XML file to actually be modified?

2. I look and this file (AER_1033.ADM) is in C:\Visio\FILES\WINDOWS\INF. So i dont know where the script is looking for this file and where any files it will look for after this should be place. Where should ALL the files be so the the script knows where they are at?

At this point in time I am stuck and don't know what to do. Any help with these issues is greatly appreciated. Thank You Very Much in advance. I have more question but this will do for now.

AndrewNi

AndrewNi

• 15 posts
Hello AgentZero :)

[quote]In the end I want to make the AIO CD with a program in each file instead of the beef stew method.[/quote]
In theory this should work. When I tried it this way, I had problems (see post #42), so I can only help you to that extent. Do note that once you have managed to re-compress all the cabinet files for each Office CD, you'll need to use a tool that optimises the CD so that duplicate files are not stored more than once. I used UltraISO for this, but there are others around.

[quote]I am correct that to remove the read only and hidden attributes from the files you do this after the admin install buy right clicking on the directory and unchecking those to boxes?[/quote]
Yes. Also make sure it un-sets the attribute to all subdirectories and files too when it asks.

[quote]#1 in the instructions say to copy cd contents to the HD, I thought the only way to be able to slipstream was by doing and admin install, is this correct? If I just copy the CD contents to the HD the SP cant' update because the files are still in the cabs, correct?[/quote]
You are right, but I think you missed something. The idea of this procedure is to:
  • Turn the install CD(s) into admin install image(s) (it takes the files out of the cabs), and slipstreaming the service pack into it. [Steps 1+2]
  • Create a directory structure to hold the updated files and original installation tables. [Steps 3+4]
  • Recompress the updated files into cabinets by using the original cabinet names stored in one of the tables. [Step 5]
  • Update the MD5Sums of the files so that the installation procedure is successful by importing them with Ocra. [Step 6]
  • Remove all unnecessary files and restore original XML files. [Step 7]
[quote]#4 in the instructions say to get the XML files from the HD but when i do and admin install there is only the setup.ini in that folder and no XML files. I have to copy the XML file from that directory on the CD and put it in the sort folder. Is this ok, or am i supposed to have the XML files where the instructions say to get them from?[/quote]
The file it asks for is identical to the one on the CD. But that file should be there; are you sure you did the admin install as it asked?

[quote]#4 in the instructions say to edit the tabledirs.lst and xmlfiles.lst to meet my needs. Does this mean to edit it so that the tabledir.lst says e.g. C:\Visio\sort\vispro? Or does it just mean to have the name already like it has them but keep the ones for what you are doing and comment(#) out the others?[/quote]
It's asking for the directory you made in the sort folder for (in this case), Visio. So in the file you should delete all the others and put in 'vispro', if that was the name of the folder you made.

[quote]the first few times i ran the script it did not make the cabs. After looking at the script and comparing it to the file names that ORCA exported the tables as I noticed they were different(e.g. Componen.idt, Director.idt, CabinetD.idt, the File.idt and Media.idt were correct). Did i do something wrong, miss something or does ORCA actually export the table names incorrectly?[/quote]
Oh, I remember this. I had the same problem. It's Ocra, it doesn't export all of the Long File Name - so what you have to do (by hand, unfortunately) is rename them to what they want.

Componen.idt = Component.idt
Director.idt = Directory.idt
CabinetD.idt = CabinetDetail.idt

That should fix it.

[quote]does the msi need to be anywhere specific? i just left it where the admin install put it.[/quote]
It should be fine where it is, just remember to give whatever commands need it the right path.

[quote]in post #45 Siginet says that the setup.exe needs to be in the sort folder, is the correct? it wasn't in the original instructions and others seemed to have got it to work without supposedly knowing about this, so does it actually need to be placed here?[/quote]
I managed to do the (beef stew) procedure without doing such a thing, so unless it is explained further I don't see how it would do anything.

[quote]so when i get things to sort of work it makes all the cabs and then i think it starts to calculate the md5's and i get this error.

calculating md5 for O1561403.CAB (12936423):
md5sum: O1561403.CAB: No such file or directory

Where are the cabs supposed to be put when they are made?[/quote]
In C:\Visio. All cabs from the CD should now have been deleted so that the new ones can be put there. This might have failed due to previous errors, though. Try it again after fixing the table name problem above.

[quote]If i move them to the sort folder and run the script again it again puts the cabs in C:\Visio but it gets past this part seeming only because I have moved the cabs to the sort folder.
Should I have to move the cabs?[/quote]
I don't think so, no.

[quote]It makes the new CabinetDetail.idt. I then edit the VISPRO.MSI in ORCA and hit enter to continue the script and get this error.

*Error*

Two things here:

1. I compare the supposedly modified VISPRO.XML with the original and they are both the same. What needs to happen for the XML file to actually be modified?[/quote]
It's supposed to update the MD5Sums contained within it. They're going to change due to the new cabinet files.

[quote]2. I look and this file (AER_1033.ADM) is in C:\Visio\FILES\WINDOWS\INF. So i dont know where the script is looking for this file and where any files it will look for after this should be place. Where should ALL the files be so the the script knows where they are at?[/quote]
It should only be looking at cabinet files.

[quote]At this point in time I am stuck and don't know what to do. Any help with these issues is greatly appreciated. Thank You Very Much in advance. I have more question but this will do for now.[/quote]
I hope what I have said helps you in some way. Again, when I tried the individual AIO method it failed to install properly for me, and the original method was designed for 'beef stew', but perhaps you'll have better luck.

(Sorry about the quotes not showing up properly, not sure what's up with them)

Edited by AndrewNi, 20 December 2005 - 03:29 PM.

ykaramati2

ykaramati2
  • 8 posts
Reduce Size of Your 5 in 1 Office 2003 CD by 36MB, Take Greater Cab Files, Get Smaller Iso!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN