Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Drivers from CD: Simple Method

* * * * * 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
221 replies to this topic

Kingskawn

Kingskawn

Kingskawn

• PipPip
  • 134 posts
Can I use this method with the BTS drivers? There are 10 .7z files

http://driverpacks.net/DriverPacks/

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

kmaheshkumar

kmaheshkumar

Junior

• Pip
  • 68 posts
i downloaded 9 driverpacks from HERE all of them are in 7z format only i am not understanding which method to follow for integrating drivers to xp dvd and it is have 9 .7z files plz help about this, i had not downloaded only the cpu driver pack

Arie

Arie

One Man Army

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 835 posts

i downloaded 9 driverpacks from HERE all of them are in 7z format only i am not understanding which method to follow for integrating drivers to xp dvd and it is have 9 .7z files plz help about this, i had not downloaded only the cpu driver pack

You need to download the DriverPacks BASE and run it and the rest will show itself.
Not trying to pretend the enemy that I am.

kmaheshkumar

kmaheshkumar

Junior

• Pip
  • 68 posts
it is unpacking all the .7z files but i want them use without extracting to save my disk space, i saw the first page it is very good but there it has only one .7z file named drivers but now i have 9 packs now, please help me is there any way to do that

biatche

biatche

• PipPip
  • 194 posts
I just started testing this instead of using driverpacks.net. Nice that I can use my own drivers now.

I'd like to know though why my nvidia forceware 169.04 (from tweakforce.com) wouldn't install properly. After all is up and running, i get a ! in device manager on the videocard, and the picture dont look so clear. Uninstalling the driver, and then reinstalling it manually fixes the issue.

Any idea whats the cause?

Also, I'm thinking of setting up an nforce chipset machine too, do nforce IDE drivers get installed?

Arie

Arie

One Man Army

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 835 posts

it is unpacking all the .7z files but i want them use without extracting to save my disk space, i saw the first page it is very good but there it has only one .7z file named drivers but now i have 9 packs now, please help me is there any way to do that

Download all driverpack files, including the BASE file, into the same directory. Do not unpack any files. Next simply run the BASE file, which is an executable. That's all you need to do.
Not trying to pretend the enemy that I am.

Martin H

Martin H

Friend of MSFN

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 802 posts
First, i would just like to say many thanks for the people involved in making this awesome driver installation method; you guys rock :thumbup

Anyway, i have a question which i would very much appreciate some help with, thanks...

I'm installing my drivers uncompressed and directly from CD, but now i have just noticed that all the driver files on my HDD is read-only marked...

This is then because i'm on Win2k, which in contrary to WinXP, dosen't automatically remove the read-only attributes when copying from CD to HDD...

So my question then, is if you guys think that it's allright to have all the driver files left as read-only on the HDD ?

I mean DLL's and SYS's and such i guess won't hurt, but as there are also CFG's and such, then i'm alittle unsure about if it's OK or not to just leave them as read-only ?

If it's not good to leave them as read-only, then i guess that i'll have to make a batchfile that runs 'attrib -h *' on all of those files from RunOnceEx, but i would rather just avoid having to do that, if you guys thinks it's OK ?

Thank's in advance.

CU, Martin.

/* Moved to Linux - Thanks for a nice stay all! */
Posted Image

yocarim

yocarim

• 23 posts
I got a question, somebody can get me the code for a usb-stick with a letter is always U:\

The problem is i got a driverpack compressed in 1 files, called Drivers.7z, but the instalation is not work because, just work for a Cdsource, i got the win xp install from a usb-stick with a letter is U: all the time. Also the dir for the driverpack is in U:\$WIN_NT$.~LS\$OEM$\Drivers and for the winnt.sif is U:\$WIN_NT$.~LS\I386

If somebody can help me, please, And i think the solutions is change the code in the drivers.cmd file

This is the directory tree in my usb-stick

U:
---\$WIN_NT$.~BT
----------------------\system32
---\$WIN_NT$.~LS
----------------------\$OEM$
-------------------------------\Drivers\Drivers.7z
----------------------\I386

Sorry for my english :hello: :unsure: :blushing:

mlux

mlux
  • 3 posts
help, if anyone reads this - I have burned around 10 dvds trying to get this method to work. I am a newbie and this so tell me everything in plain english. The drivers will not install; I have it setup to do a clean format - do you see anything else wrong? Also do I need a copy of the winnt.sif and winnt.exe in the system32 folder?

Here is what my winnt.sif looks like and it is located under my the I386 folder which is located at the same folder as $OEMS$:

;SetupMgrTag
[Data]
AutoPartition=1
MsDosInitiated= No
UnattendedInstall= Yes
AutomaticUpdates= Yes

[Unattended]
UnattendMode=FullUnattended
OemSkipEula=Yes
OemPreinstall=Yes
TargetPath=\WINDOWS
Repartition = yes
UnattendSwitch=yes
WaitForReboot=No

[GuiUnattended]
AdminPassword=*
EncryptedAdminPassword=NO
OEMSkipRegional=1
TimeZone=35
OemSkipWelcome=1
DetachedProgram=".\system32\cmd.exe"
Arguments="/Q /C FOR /F %I IN (%SystemRoot%\SYSTEM32\$WINNT$.INF) DO (FOR %J IN (%I$OEM$) DO (IF EXIST %J (start /min /D%J Drivers.cmd)))"

[UserData]
ProductKey=*****-*****-*****-*****-*****
FullName="unknown"
OrgName="mine"
ComputerName=*

[Identification]
JoinWorkgroup=WORKGROUP

[Display]
BitsPerPel=32
Xresolution=1024
YResolution=768
Vrefresh=75

[Branding]
BrandIEUsingUnatteded=Yes

[Networking]
InstallDefaultComponents=Yes

[Components]
msmsgs=off
freecell=off
hearts=off
minesweeper=off
pinball=off
solitaire=off
spider=off
zonegames=off

[Shell]
DefaultStartPanelOff=YES
DefaultThemesOff=YES

Martin H

Martin H

Friend of MSFN

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 802 posts

Also do I need a copy of the winnt.sif and winnt.exe in the system32 folder?

System32 ??? If you meant I386, then you just need to add WINNT.SIF to I386.

Here is what my winnt.sif looks like and it is located under my the I386 folder which is located at the same folder as $OEMS$:

Unless that was a typo, then there's your problem... In the root you should have a folder named $OEM$ and not $OEMS$...

If it was a typo, then check that you have your drivers in either '$OEM$\Drivers' or '$OEM$\Drivers.7z' and that each driver folder has atleast 1 inf file...

Posted Image

mlux

mlux
  • 3 posts
Thank you, that did the trick - now if I could get the display and the URL information to stay? any ideas on those? I tried to add the autoconfirm = 1 and it still did not take the display - it ask me to confirm the settings.

Thank you again for your help..

Martin H

Martin H

Friend of MSFN

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 802 posts

[...]now if I could get the display and the URL information to stay? any ideas on those? I tried to add the autoconfirm = 1 and it still did not take the display - it ask me to confirm the settings.

Try additionally adding 'ConfigureAtLogon=0'... I found several MSFN members stating that this should fix the display issue, but i don't know anything about if myself, though... The "URL information not staying" issue you're describing, i do not know what is about, sorry...

Posted Image

mlux

mlux
  • 3 posts
Thank you! that worked perfectly! I am now going through the unattended install forum thread to see if I can find out anything about how to make the home page stay - Thank you kindly for your help and patience!

• 1 posts
hi

i use first method for install my drivers , but after windows installtion , my drivers not installed!!

please help me

my winnt.sif
--------------------------------------

;SetupMgrTag
[Data]
	AutoPartition=0
	MsDosInitiated="0"
	UnattendedInstall="Yes"

[Unattended]
	Unattendmode=FullUnattended
	OemPreinstall=No
	TargetPath=\Windows
	FileSystem=*
	OemSkipEula=Yes
	Repartition=No

[UserData]
	FullName="301"
	OrgName="301"
	ComputerName=Computer1
	ProductKey=*****-*****-*****-*****-*****
	ProductID=*****-*****-*****-*****-*****

[GuiUnattended]
	TimeZone=160
	AdminPassword=*
	EncryptedAdminPassword=NO
	OEMSkipRegional=1
	OemSkipWelcome=1
	Arguments="/Q /C FOR /F %I IN (%SystemRoot%\SYSTEM32\$WINNT$.INF) DO (FOR %J IN (%I$OEM$) DO (IF EXIST %J (start /min /D%J Drivers.cmd)))"

[Display]
	BitsPerPel=32
	Xresolution=1024
	YResolution=768
	Vrefresh=60

[Networking]
	InstallDefaultComponents=No

[Identification]
	JoinWorkgroup=WORKGROUP

[TapiLocation]
	CountryCode=98
	Dialing=Tone
	AreaCode=0311

[RegionalSettings]
	LanguageGroup=13,1,11
	SystemLocale=00000429
	UserLocale=00000429
	InputLocale=0409:00000409,0429:00000429

[Shell]
CustomDefaultThemeFile = "%WinDir%\Resources\Themes\Royale.theme"

-------------------------------------------------

my xp cd layout
-----------------------------------------------
├───$OEM$
│.......├───Drivers
│................├───000
│................├───001
│.......├───7za.exe
│.......├───Drivers.cmd
│.......├───nircmd.exe
│.......├───Process.exe
│.......├───SetupCopyOEMInf.exe
│.......├───WatchDriverSigningPolicy.exe
├───I386
│.......├───winnt.sif

-----------------------------------------------------

my modem driver in folder '000'
----------------------------------------
Posted Image
----------------------------------------

my drivers.cmd
--------------------------------------------------

CLS
@ECHO OFF
TITLE Drivers-from-CD Installation
color 1F

::  Set Current Drive as CD
	CD /D "%~dp0"
::  Set Drivers Location Folder
	SET DRV=Drivers
::  Ticker script
	ECHO.exec hide %CD%\Process.exe -r setup.exe >%SystemDrive%\Ticker.ncl
	ECHO.wait 10000 >>%SystemDrive%\Ticker.ncl
	ECHO.exec hide %CD%\Process.exe -p SetupCopyOEMInf.exe high >>%SystemDrive%\Ticker.ncl
	ECHO.exec hide %CD%\Process.exe -s setup.exe >>%SystemDrive%\Ticker.ncl
	ECHO.wait 50000 >>%SystemDrive%\Ticker.ncl
	ECHO.script %SystemDrive%\Ticker.ncl >>%SystemDrive%\Ticker.ncl
::  Pre-Install (Suspend Setup, and Set Setup to Low Priority)
	.\Process.exe -s setup.exe
	.\Process.exe -p setup.exe low
::  Allow for Unsigned Drivers
	START .\WatchDriverSigningPolicy.exe
::  If Compressed Drivers Exist, Unzip Them & Change Drivers Location Folder to Hard Drive
	IF EXIST Drivers.7z (
	SET DRV=%SystemDrive%\Drivers
	.\7za.exe x -y -aoa -o"%SystemDrive%\Drivers" ".\Drivers.7z"
	)
::  Run NirCmd Ticker Script (code above)
	START .\NirCmd.exe script %SystemDrive%\Ticker.ncl
::  Install Drivers
	.\SetupCopyOEMInf.exe "%DRV%"
::  Post-Install (Close NirCmd, Setup Priority back to Normal, Resume Setup)
	.\Process.exe -k NirCmd.exe
	.\Process.exe -p setup.exe normal
	.\Process.exe -r setup.exe
::  Delete Ticker File
	DEL %SystemDrive%\Ticker.ncl

EXIT
-------------------------------

pls guide me

sorry for my english :wacko:

thank you :yes:

Acheron

Acheron

Friend of MSFN

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 988 posts
I have integrated all DriverPacks now into a Windows XP SP3 CD and noticed these scripts work fine with it. However integrating 800MB of drivers takes more time so I have updated and simplified the presetup.cmd script.

Winnt.sif
[Data]AutomaticUpdates = No
Autopartition = 0
MsDosInitiated = 0
UnattendedInstall = Yes

[Unattended]
CrashDumpSetting = 0
DUDisable = Yes
DriverSigningPolicy = Ignore
FileSystem = *
NoWaitAfterGUIMode = 1
NoWaitAfterTextMode = 1
OemPreinstall = No
OemSkipEula = Yes
OemSkipWelcome = 0
UnattendSwitch = No
UnattendMode = DefaultHide
WaitForReboot = No

[GuiUnattended]
Arguments="/Q /C FOR /F %I IN (%SystemRoot%\SYSTEM32\$WINNT$.INF) DO (FOR %J IN (%I$OEM$) DO (IF EXIST %J (START /D%J nircmd.exe exec hide presetup.cmd)))"

presetup.cmd
@echo off
set param=%*
if not defined param (
	start nircmd.exe exec hide presetup.cmd install
	process.exe -s "setup.exe"
	goto :ticker
) else (
	setupcopyoeminf.exe "Drivers"
)
process.exe -k "sleep.exe"
process.exe -r "setup.exe"
exit

:ticker
sleep 50
process.exe -r "setup.exe"
process.exe -v | findstr /i ^"setupcopyoeminf^"
if not errorlevel 1 (
	sleep -m 2500
	process.exe -s "setup.exe"
	goto :ticker
)
goto :eof

UPDATE: Removed ticker script, so no need for nircmd.exe anymore. Script now depends on sleep.exe to wait. I have included nircmd.exe only for hiding the script now.

Edited by Acheron, 21 April 2009 - 12:26 PM.

Say no to bloatware. Download Nero Lite!

Acheron

Acheron

Friend of MSFN

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 988 posts
As I'm working on integrating the DriverPacks I'm encountering problems using the DPFinisher program as it assumes all drivers are copied to the hdd. Also the program does run some tasks similar as setupcopyoeminf but these are not documented anywhere. Writing a custom application to manually process the DriverPacks without the bloat from the DPFinisher program should make things more simply.

Martin H

Martin H

Friend of MSFN

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 802 posts
I've recently changed to installing my apps from a second data-drive/partition, instead of the %cdrom% based method, since that's even more faster, but then i thought to myself, why not also doing the same with the drivers, i.e. having the drivers stored on a second data-drive/partition, and then letting Windows install them from there, and so i changed the method described in this thread(uncompressed drivers from CD), with the following changes:

I placed the $OEM$ folder on my second data-drive/partition, and renamed it to Drivers, and then changed the 'Arguments' section in WINNT.SIF to the following:
[GuiUnattended]
	Arguments="/Q /C start /min /Dxxxxx NirCmd.exe exec hide Drivers.cmd"
(Where xxxxx is the path for the Drivers folder)

Just wanted to post this, in case someone would find it interesting... :)

Edited by Martin H, 17 May 2009 - 08:37 AM.

Posted Image

meowing

meowing

XP64 is a joy forever

• PipPip
  • 135 posts
Has anyone successfully used this for XP x64 Edition install? (no driverpacks exist for xp64, so if this method applies, it can work wonders)..

Guest_jodysmith_*

Guest_jodysmith_*
  • Guests
Hello,
This is quite an informative thread but is there any method by which I can keep a backup file for my drivers in the system memory itself?

Edited by puntoMX, 09 January 2010 - 11:50 AM.
*SPAM*

aliirfan

aliirfan
  • 8 posts
Hello guys i ve a little confusion. Can you guys clear?
To accomplish this method Drivers from CD: Simple Method. I ve to place this entry in winnt.sif in my GuiUnattended section:

And then i ve 2 copy the six files from the zip in $OEM$ folder. Then i ve to create a subfolder in $OEM$ with the name drivers. The confusion is that CAN I PLACE MY DRIVERS IN SUBFOLDERS IN DRIVERS FOLDERS like Drivers\chipset\1, Drivers\chipset\2, Drivers\chipset\2 .

Second confusion is can i place my Drivers folder in the root of Unattended cd rom or not?

aliirfan

aliirfan
  • 8 posts
Hello guys i ve a little confusion. Can you guys clear?
To accomplish this method Drivers from CD: Simple Method. I ve to place this entry in winnt.sif in my GuiUnattended section:

And then i ve 2 copy the six files from the zip in $OEM$ folder. Then i ve to create a subfolder in $OEM$ with the name drivers. The confusion is that CAN I PLACE MY DRIVERS IN SUBFOLDERS IN DRIVERS FOLDERS like Drivers\chipset\1, Drivers\chipset\2, Drivers\chipset\2 .

Second confusion is can i place my Drivers folder in the root of Unattended cd rom or not?

Acheron

Acheron

Friend of MSFN

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 988 posts
Yes, setupcopyoeminf.exe automaticly processes all subdirectories. I'm still working on rewriting the DriverPack Finisher program to get it to work using this method. I have also been experimenting with USB media with good results.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN