thuun derboy, on Dec 25 2005, 03:18 PM, said:
1. Way too much trouble, and I fuss over alot of things.
2. You STILL wind up copying files to HDD.
3. (most important) Winnt.sif adds supports for extra drivers
and if you really shudder at the though of using a del command in you scripts, you may not know how windows uses you HDD in the first place.
4. Why am I wasting my time with this post? Good question! BYE!!
1) Still way too much trouble? It's so easy - 3 simple steps! What more do you want?
2) Umm... no you don't. What files get copied?
3) What are you talking about?
cyberloner, on Dec 27 2005, 08:23 AM, said:
actually this method works for slipstreaming sata driver with it....
i dun use OemPnPDriversPath=DRIVERS\ in winnt.sif or copy any sata on my harddisk...
i just edit the txtsetup.sif for hardware stuff ...
and copy some nvraid.SY_ , VIAMRAID.SY_ SI3132.SY_ IASTOR.SY_
in the i386 folder and everything is install well...
Just to clarify: I never said this won't work alongside
a different method (which it seems you are doing for sata driver); I was saying using this method alone won't work for mass-storage drivers.
But thanks for posting that it does work, I'm sure others will find the info useful!