Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Looking for best DVD Burner

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Doggie

Doggie

I'm very inactive :(

• Patrons
  • 2,676 posts
  • Joined 13-October 02
hey,
i'm looking for a DVD Burner.. preferable cheapest as possible.. trying to get a price range on them.. average price.. as i haven't found anything less than 700$AU or 350$US.. anyone know ?

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

Drewdatrip

Drewdatrip

MSFN Junkie

• Patrons
  • 2,185 posts
  • Joined 14-October 01
I think the best dvd burner on the market right now is the newest sony, which can burn both + and - dvds. its right about 350 us dollers. While the newest Pioneer A06 4x burner is a bit cheaper but can only burn -
Either way you probly wanna stick with - due to the fact that they are playable in the majority or hone set dvd players.....
I have also heard good things about Cendyne...they are made by pionner...but cheaper....

=Drew
||Please Read the Forum Rules||
||Free File and Image Hosting @ EazyShare||
||Donate to MSFN and Help Keep This Site Running||
||Vote for MSFN @ TweakXP Windows XP Top Sites||

LS_Dragons

LS_Dragons

• PipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts
  • Joined 13-September 01
Drewdatrip has a very good point - get the device that can burn both formats. Unfortunately, the rewriteable DVD industry is at that VHS/Beta stage and we do not know who the winner is going to be. To the point about home players - funny tidbit for you all. Check out the specs on the really CHEAP DVD players - they can play ANY format + - R RW it doesn't matter. I had a conversation with a DVD editing/authoring software manufacturer rep who told me that in their labs - they only use MINITEK (spelling may be wrong) home player to test with - because they can handle EVERY format. These things cost half what the name brand home players cost. Go Figure!!!

LS_Dragons
"Character is doing the right thing - even when no one is watching" J.C. Watts, Jr.

Doggie

Doggie

• Patrons
  • 2,676 posts
  • Joined 13-October 02
hmm.. looking into it.. i'd like a sony one.. all my sony products haven't failed..

Drewdatrip

Drewdatrip

MSFN Junkie

• Patrons
  • 2,185 posts
  • Joined 14-October 01
I have had a Sony and a Pioneer Dvd Reader fail on me, both within a year of their purchase...
but i think a burner would be a different story...hopfully.

=Drew
||Please Read the Forum Rules||
||Free File and Image Hosting @ EazyShare||
||Donate to MSFN and Help Keep This Site Running||
||Vote for MSFN @ TweakXP Windows XP Top Sites||

Doggie

Doggie

• Patrons
  • 2,676 posts
  • Joined 13-October 02
Ahhh... yes.. pioneer dvd readers suck a**.. my parents got one for 50 dollars.. though thats cheap.. then we found out why.. terrible dvd reader i have ever used.. it very dust sensitive and loved spitting out cd/dvd's

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users