What Are You Listening To?

techguy21801

and I'm also including the Lyrics.

This band -- (which is one of my absolute favorites) -- is an indie, New-York-City-based group, which usually makes relatively hard-driving "rock-type" songs, but "Skeletons" is indeed a deviation from that format.

The video is worth watching if you like "soft, subtle, black and white Art".

The song "seems to me" to be characterizing human existence as:

ephemeral

fleeting

evanescent

airy

immaterial

illusory

incorporeal

transitory

nonmaterial

ethereal

"infinity" (as Pee-Wee Herman would say, in "soft, subtle, black and white Art" lingo)

Edited by larryb123456

A "cartoon-infused" video I like by

If you can get by the disgusting name of the group, you'll find that their music isn't all that bad.

This song and the video remind me a lot of something that Primus might have done.

(And everyone knows that PRIMUS SUCKS!)

Edited by larryb123456

Hello, 5eraph:

I watched Cyndi's Goonies video. Entertaining!

I've been a big fan of hers since the early-80s MTV days.

She has continued to perform and make music even up to present-day.

An example is this live 2012 performance of "Girls Just Want To Have Fun".

Her latest album is

As far as the professional wrestlers are concerned, I was familiar with 2: Captain Lou Albano, who plays Cyndi's father in the videos; and Rowdy Roddy Piper, whom I knew because he was famous for wearing a DRESS (excuse me, a kilt -- same difference to me, lol).

BTW, Cyndi's actual mother plays her mother in her videos.

Also, to me, Cyndi's "quirky"-"imperfect" facial features make her even more attractive.

And, yes, one can never have enough COOKIES !!!

Edited by larryb123456

To continue on the Yes bandwagon (it's easy to do since they are all pretty much masters at what they are doing in the band), it's not many people that can stand before a concert crowd alone, do nothing put play acoustic guitar, hold the crowd and get a loud ovation at the end. Steve Howe (the guitar player for Yes) can. Proof is in the video below:

Edited by Glenn9999

Regarding Cyndi Lauper, many people thought that she would end up more successful than Madonna, who came on the scene around the same time. Just goes to show that marketing unfortunately often beats talent.

Cheers and Regards

I totally agree, bphlpt:

Just goes to show that marketing unfortunately often beats talent.

Same for "traditional" -- (plus take your clothes off and pose naked) -- beauty often beating "unique"-"quirky"-"special" beauty.

Consider the case of ABSOLUTE-NO-TALENT Kim Kardashian.

Pee-Wee Herman considered her, thought a moment, turned to face the "other direction" down the x-axis, and said:

"NEGATIVE INFINITY !!!"

P.S.

I remember when Madonna first hit the scene, many of her critics said she sounded like "Minnie Mouse on helium", because of her weak, high-pitched voice.

Yay Graveworm! :thumbup

To continue on the Yes bandwagon (it's easy to do since they are all pretty much masters at what they are doing in the band), it's not many people that can stand before a concert crowd alone, do nothing put play acoustic guitar, hold the crowd and get a loud ovation at the end. Steve Howe (the guitar player for Yes) can. Proof is in the video below:

I did get to see him solo live once, but I wish I had been around to see him in his prime. Even when I saw him, over 10 years ago? I think so since his latest album at the time was Homebrew 2. Anyways he seemed kinda shakey to me at that show, but I do like his music. Except GTR that is. Not a big fan of that experiment, although the album cover is pretty neat.

Burning the Masses - Arms Raised, Eyes Closed