What Are You Listening To?

techguy21801

I did get to see him solo live once, but I wish I had been around to see him in his prime. Even when I saw him, over 10 years ago?

They've added much to their songs by refinement over the years, but I agree with age they have lost some of what they can do. Yes notably plays some things slower than they did in their prime. Steve Howe is no exception, but even at the time he played in those videos (I tried to match up the Howe video with the same time as the Yes video), he's a much better guitar player than most all of the ones walking the earth today. Regardless, most of the older bands that haven't completely lost it (The Who being a famous exception) play as well as what is on their albums day after day (or better). And is much better than the stuff that passes for music today.

The nice thing about Youtube, though, is how many videos you can find of some of these older acts playing back when they released their stuff. Here's one of Yes playing in 1972.

I don't think there's anyone alive today (including Steve Howe himself) that could duplicate what Steve Howe did in that video starting about 6:30 or so in.

Edit: Here's Rush in their prime.

Edited by Glenn9999

A very amusing video I really like from a couple of years ago,

If you're going to get beat up by a girl, it's best to get beat up by a pretty one (IMO), for it might lessen the pain a bit.

Come to think of it, it might feel kind of good to get beat up by this pretty girl. (lol)